My Diploma

D-13

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 19 2005, 09:45 AM)
Yikes I have my diploma starting at 9:00-10:30 then Part B at 1:00-3:30 arggg 062802puke_prv.gif unsure.gif

Hey D - please explain. Sounds like a test day or something. Hope you get through it ok. Routin' for ya!! 653.gif

AND jam on the snowboard!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 653.gif

hahaha wow I didn't know the states were different! i'll explain...its pretty much a huge test that is worth 50% of your Bio 30 mark. I had a final last week but today was the Diploma which is a government test. There is a written part and a Multiple choice part.....you do this with every subject for your grade 12 year. It was really easy...at least thats what I thought! I'm done BIO....forever...hopefully lol laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jan 19 2005, 10:42 AM)
Well, whatever it is, I am sure you will do just fine, I sure hope my daughters turn out like you. Very intellegent, articulate, and respectable young lady.

"hmmmm...well first I want to say thanks for saying that i'm articulate" laugh.gif ....(taken from the XM interview with Geddy and Alex lol) haha thanks guys! wub.gif diplomas are more easier I think because they have to have a test that is average so everyone can get the questions. thanks again! lol 1287.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 19 2005, 06:19 PM)
hahaha wow I didn't know the states were different! i'll explain...its pretty much a huge test that is worth 50% of your Bio 30 mark. I had a final last week but today was the Diploma which is a government test. There is a written part and a Multiple choice part.....you do this with every subject for your grade 12 year. It was really easy...at least thats what I thought! I'm done BIO....forever...hopefully lol laugh.gif

Its different in Ontario too.

We generally don't have midterms, its up to induvidual teachers, or atleast at my school it is.

And we only have government testing in Gr. 9 Math and Gr. 10 English (The Provincial Standard Literacy Test)

And I know how hard Bio can be! I'm taking it right now too, finals in like 2 weeks

I wish you the best of luck!

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 19 2005, 06:25 PM)
heh I had my lucky dragon ring on today....hope that helped unsure.gif

hey, it cant hurt!!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushengal @ Jan 19 2005, 04:25 PM)
hahaha wow I didn't know the states were different! i'll explain...its pretty much a huge test that is worth 50% of your Bio 30 mark.  I had a final last week but today was the Diploma which is a government test.  There is a written part and a Multiple choice part.....you do this with every subject for your grade 12 year.  It was really easy...at least thats what I thought!  I'm done BIO....forever...hopefully lol laugh.gif

We generally don't have midterms, its up to induvidual teachers, or atleast at my school it is.

And we only have government testing in Gr. 9 Math and Gr. 10 English (The Provincial Standard Literacy Test)

And I know how hard Bio can be! I'm taking it right now too, finals in like 2 weeks

really? crazy well I guess us Albertans are tad bit crazy with our tests up here lol laugh.gif heh good luck on your test!

QUOTE (rushengal @ Jan 19 2005, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 19 2005, 06:25 PM)
heh I had my lucky dragon ring on today....hope that helped unsure.gif

hey, it cant hurt!!

biggrin.gif

Yea I tried to avoid ladders of any kind and black cats today.....my computer that I had for written was 31.....13.....ack but I didn't use it...I wrote everything by hand biggrin.gif The natural way biggrin.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 19 2005, 06:47 PM)
hahaha wow I didn't know the states were different! i'll explain...its pretty much a huge test that is worth 50% of your Bio 30 mark.  I had a final last week but today was the Diploma which is a government test.  There is a written part and a Multiple choice part.....you do this with every subject for your grade 12 year.  It was really easy...at least thats what I thought!  I'm done BIO....forever...hopefully lol laugh.gif

really? crazy well I guess us Albertans are tad bit crazy with our tests up here lol laugh.gif heh good luck on your test!

Thanks!

I'm going to need it!!

Plus, my teacher is NUTS! He has 60 multiple choice questions from a university databank on the exam, and 5 essay questions... plus a few short answer... all that in 2.5 hours!

fists crying.gif

QUOTE (rushengal @ Jan 19 2005, 04:53 PM)

Thanks!

I'm going to need it!!

Plus, my teacher is NUTS! He has 60 multiple choice questions from a university databank on the exam, and 5 essay questions... plus a few short answer... all that in 2.5 hours!

fists crying.gif

HOLY CRAP! that is alot! I had only 48 MC and 8 numerical questions which is finding percentages and stuff like that and those questions that are like place in order the number....blah blah blah

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 19 2005, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (rushengal @ Jan 19 2005, 04:53 PM)

Thanks!

I'm going to need it!!

fists crying.gif

HOLY CRAP! that is alot! I had only 48 MC and 8 numerical questions which is finding percentages and stuff like that and those questions that are like place in order the number....blah blah blah

I told you he was insane! But the upside is, the course he teaches is very simmilar to the university course, so next year shouldent be so bad... I hope

The part that sucks the most: This is my second time taking the course!

Sounds like you didnt have much fun D, I'm sure you did fine on it though. If you can figure out what a gene is just by looking at its nucleotide sequence, your in good shape. They should give you an A for that alone biggrin.gif. Doesnt sound like its much better then my Bio60 exam I had last year, 1.5 hours to do 10 LONG essay questions, each question was like a one sentence question that you had to take a page or 2 to answer.

QUOTE (Oberon @ Jan 19 2005, 08:52 PM)
My own English teacher can barely speak English, dammit.

I know how you feel... only in reverse

My dad speaks better French then my French teacher!

Blah, it's ok

My dad's a translator (En-Fr/Fr-En) so no problem there heheh

Actually, what happens most of the time is I don't listen in class (yes... damn me) and then the teacher tells me to listen and I reply in a better English than his that I was only asking a question and that shuts him up for a while. tongue.gif Still, he's funny, looks like a cross between an ex-boxing champ and a beardless lumberjack, but with grey hair.

Well, since we're on the school subject, I have to take the SAT on Saturday...

Whats funny is while I study in this preparation book, I look at the math problems they give you and its like another language to me. I look at the possible answers and choose what looks to be the most accurate to me. I check the back of the book in the answer section and I get the problems right about 95% of the time...

Archived