Here's a good discussion question...

NeilPeartFan2112

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 18 2005, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (slacker @ Jan 18 2005, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 18 2005, 07:13 PM)
as usual, I'll be the guy screaming, "Fountain of Lamneth!" laugh.gif

I'll scream with you snowdog laugh.gif

Slacker, maybe if we can get 15,000 screaming it along with us we can hear it laugh.gif

I'm up for it! trink39.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (slacker @ Jan 18 2005, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 18 2005, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 18 2005, 07:41 PM)
as usual, I'll be the guy screaming, "Fountain of Lamneth!"  laugh.gif

That song is sweet. I wonder if they would bring it back though, since they all hate Caress of Steel. It would sure be a nice choice though. yes.gif trink39.gif

naw, they wouldn't. it's more of a personal wish, like Camea Eye cool.gif

Camera Eye would be a choice,

Any song longer then 10 mins new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Unfortunately, Geddy has said the boys just don't get into the song sad.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 18 2005, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (slacker @ Jan 18 2005, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 18 2005, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 18 2005, 07:41 PM)
as usual, I'll be the guy screaming, "Fountain of Lamneth!" laugh.gif

That song is sweet. I wonder if they would bring it back though, since they all hate Caress of Steel. It would sure be a nice choice though. yes.gif trink39.gif

naw, they wouldn't. it's more of a personal wish, like Camea Eye cool.gif

Camera Eye would be a choice,

Any song longer then 10 mins new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Unfortunately, Geddy has said the boys just don't get into the song sad.gif

I heard that as well. It's too bad, really. The song is so good and it's such a great addition to Moving Pictures as an album. Wish they could bring it back! yes.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Jan 18 2005, 09:02 PM)
Well, you never know what they might do. I hope they play it as part of an encore on their next tour.

I'm sorry to say, I don't think so. I don't know if you're familiar with a certain web based petition to vote on which songs the fans want to hear, but on the past two tours, TCE has been the overwhelming #1 fan choice and, of course, we haven't heard it. Geddy actually said in an interview that he was aware of the fans desire to hear this song, but the boys just didn't enjoy playing it. I was seriously pissed after the start of the R30 tour and there was no TCE. I thought with this tour being a celebration of 30 years, and 30 years not being possible without a loyal fanbase, they would throw the fans a bone. But, I'm over that now wink.gif laugh.gif

Ive never been to a show...so I would settle for them playing Losing It, Rivendell, and all those other crappy songs y'all have mentioned... wink.gif

However, things I think they should play live that don't show up on any Live albums *all I know to go off of*

Circumstances, War Paint, Didacts and Narpets, Totem, Time and Motion

though I bet at some point those have been played....so....right!

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jan 18 2005, 09:12 PM)
Ive never been to a show...so I would settle for them playing Losing It, Rivendell, and all those other crappy songs y'all have mentioned... wink.gif

However, things I think they should play live that don't show up on any Live albums *all I know to go off of*

OKAY!!! laugh.gif

Over at the Power Windows website, they have a list somewhere of songs that have never been performed live. I looked for it for a minute, but couldn't find it but I know it's there. If you're interested, give it a look.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/

Yes, I have seen that list also. It seems complete, tho' I seem to remember I thought I knew of 2 songs on it I had heard. Don't remember which ones..I'll have to check that out and get back to you. According to discussion I have seen here, if Circumstances IS on that list...I dunno, I would almost swear years ago, I heard them perform that live!

Anyway................. schla03.gif

Sorry...

I'd like to hear Twilight Zone. I've always loved that one. Circumstances would be cool. As would Sweet miracle. and of course theres all the wish upon a star songs- All of 2112, All of Hemispheres, The Fountain, The Camera Eye, All of By tor...

I'd also like them to bring back Fly by Night or Jacobs Ladder!

ahhhh, wishful thinking... biggrin.gif

This one is a hard one to think of. There are a number that I would want to see live, Cut To The Chase, Entre Nous, Vapor Trail, How It Is, Totem, Presto jump to mind. But if I had to choose only 1, it would be Freeze. 1) because its my favorite track of VT, and 2) because it would probably mean they are gonna play The Enemy Within, The Weapon, and Witch Hunt which they havent played since the mid-80's.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 18 2005, 06:16 PM)

Over at the Power Windows website, they have a list somewhere of songs that have never been performed live. I looked for it for a minute, but couldn't find it but I know it's there. If you're interested, give it a look.

It's on the left side of the page.

Setlists.

Carve Away The Stone, Nocturne and the acoustic version of Second Nature they allegedly were thinking of adding to the set-list for the last tour.

I positively love Losing It and Available Light, but can't really see them working in the context of a live show...and certainly Geddy would have difficulties singing AL anyway!

I would love to hear Different Strings, and hear the scorching guitar at the end without it fading out!

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 18 2005, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jan 18 2005, 04:17 PM)
An acoustic version of Rivendell.

An Acoustic version?!? What would they have to do to it?? laugh.gif

A triangle laugh.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Jan 18 2005, 03:52 PM)
Alright, I have no idea if this has been started already, but I am going to start it even if it has. So, we all are hoping that Rush will go on tour again, and the release of a new album would be amazing. If this tour happens, what is the one song that they have never played live that you would want them to play on the next tour? Moonraker and I had a good conversation about this last night, and I was wondering what some of the other members had to say about this. Cut to the Chase gets my vote. Any takers? trink39.gif

Yes! I would love to hear Cut to the Chase live. common001.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 18 2005, 06:47 PM)
Totem and Cut To The Chase, as NPF has perfectly suggested.

OH and Freeze. It's a must. Right Ricky?

Oh yes yes.gif

Afterimage too!

Peaceable Kingdom..

Best I can....they probably did this in the early days - when they hadn't much to play laugh.gif

Grand Designs..

Second Nature..

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 19 2005, 02:16 AM)

Go to this page

Tour Setlists

Scroll down, and the list is on the right.

Of course, it would be even handier if someone copied and pasted the list

Take A Friend

Before And After

Rivendell

Lessons

Tears

Madrigal

Entre Nous (soundcheck exists)

Different Strings

Losing It

Emotion Detector

Open Secrets

Second Nature

Tai Shan

High Water

Chain Lightening

Presto

Anagram

Red Tide

Hand Over Fist

Available Light

Face Up

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

Alien Shore

Speed of Love

Everyday Glory

The Color of Right

Totem

Dog Years

Carve Away the Stone

Peaceable Kingdom

The Stars Look Down

How It Is

Vapor Trail

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Freeze

Out Of The Cradle

You should still visit the site though - more info than you can shake a stick at.

Archived