Best ticket buying experience this tour

kbomb106

Of all the concerts I've ever bought tickets to, this go around has been the best. I have to chalk it up to luck, because I have no friends in the industry; it must just have been perfect timing.

I was looking for tickets for Mansfield, so I start out at the Amex presale. After being told there were no seats available, then section 7, then some other crappy seats, I finally see one for section 1, 15th row. Sweet! I grab them. I don't figure I'll do any better than that. The rest of the tix I saw on that presale were much further back.

Then the musictoday presale comes along, and I figure it's a waste of my time, but I'll try it out. What do I have to lose, right? I find worse seats than I have, but keep tossing them back. Then, up comes section 1, 10th row. I'll be standing right under Geddy, pretty much. Even sweeter! Now I'm really psyched.

Then the general sale goes on and I figure I'll look, just for shits and giggles. Surely all the good seats are sold out by now. I find a few tix in back sections and I try one more time, and what comes up? Section 3, row H (section 3 starts with row F). I had to rub my eyes and recheck my seating chart. 3rd row! I am the luckiest bastard on the planet this tour. 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif yes.gif applaudit.gif

Congrats, kbomb. trink39.gif I myself got lucky with musictoday and wound up with a couple seats on the 3rd row on Geddys side. Then, as luck would have it, a buddy calls me as I'm processing my order and says he wants two. I told him I'd try, but probably wouldn't be able to do real well. So, I open another browser window and start the process all over and get 4th row on Alex's side for him ohmy.gif

I think I've used up all my ticket luck for the next couple of tours, but I hope not. I think I'll watch the first set on Geds side and then we'll switch tix for the second set and watch from Al's side. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 2 2008, 10:36 AM)
I think I'll watch the first set on Geds side and then we'll switch tix for the second set and watch from Al's side. trink39.gif

That's an awesome idea. If someone I know takes my 10th row, maybe I'll do that. Thanks for the suggestion!

QUOTE (Cygnusx3 @ Feb 2 2008, 10:40 AM)
that is awesome!! as soon as i scored 18th row, i just bought them, maybe i shoulda kept going, eh?

The way I see it, if you find something good, grab it. If you see something better, grab it, too. Yeah, it's expensive, but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to find someone who wants your other tix (especially here). Don't stop looking until your seats can't get any better. biggrin.gif

I got 2 seats in Section 5, which I think should be Geddy's side. I didn't spend the $110 but they were still $70 a pop (not including the outrageous fees or S&H). I believe it's just about where I saw them there for the Test for Echo tour, which is just fine by me!

I got them last Tuesday around 10:30am, so I was surprised how many of them were gone by then.

well, ticketmaster just screwed me over. i had some lower section tickets all lined up ready to go, when BAM! internet goes down. so i reboot the internet and try for the same seats. nothing, i got the "there were no tikets available that match your request" thing. so i buy some upper section seats on alexs side. ok seats, but when i try again for no point, what comes up?

the seats that i was gonna buy when the internet went down! these came up AFTER they said they wre no longer available! rage.gif

I'd give this go-round a C-

I jumped the gun on the M.T. presale for Milw. and got seats in the back of section 1, but WAY off to the side. doh.gif

Then, this morning I'm on TM.com, and by 10:01 all I can pull for Milw. is in the next section back, but also way off to the side, and/or way in the back. I tried for 30 minutes online and even got through on the phone at 10:15 and the lady was pulling the same crap. Pretty gross.

I guess my "sidestage" tix will have to do.

Chicago was just as bad. I couldn't pull anything but 200-level, and ALL the way in the back for the MT and Amex presales. Then the Loop presale was 100-level but toward the back. Admittedly, this is where I got greedy and passed on them for hopes of good fortune in the general public onsale. Guess what, same crap, but worse, was pulling nothing but 300-level for 25 minutes then I finally got 100-level in the back and decided to go with it. Truth is, they're slightly worse than I could have had w/ the Loop presale, but you win some you lose some. It'll still be great.

Like I said, a C- experience.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Feb 2 2008, 10:31 AM)
Of all the concerts I've ever bought tickets to, this go around has been the best.

I was looking for tickets for Mansfield, so I start out at the Amex presale. After being told there were no seats available, then section 7, then some other crappy seats, I finally see one for section 1, 15th row. Sweet! I grab them.

Then the musictoday presale comes along, and I figure it's a waste of my time, but I'll try it out. What do I have to lose, right? I find worse seats than I have, but keep tossing them back. Then, up comes section 1, 10th row. I'll be standing right under Geddy, pretty much. Even sweeter! Now I'm really psyched.

Then the general sale goes on and I figure I'll look, just for shits and giggles. Surely all the good seats are sold out by now. I find a few tix in back sections and I try one more time, and what comes up? Section 3, row H (section 3 starts with row F). I had to rub my eyes and recheck my seating chart. 3rd row! I am the luckiest bastard on the planet this tour. 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif yes.gif applaudit.gif

Sheesh... I did the musictoday Jacksonville and Orlando presales, the Fantasma Jax presale, and the Jax and Orlando general sales and the BEST offer I got was Row 13 in Jax... never even got on the floor in Orlando.

In other words, I loathe you tongue.gif

But seriously, congrats... I lucked into 4th row Alex's side last year in W. Palm and I'm still having flashbacks laugh.gif

Hey Prime, question for you. When you search for seats, do you search under BEST AVAILABLE all the way, or do you go in and choose the most expensive seats and have it search that way? I don't know if it makes a difference or not; just wondering how you did it.

I hope my ticket-buying luck wasn't just a last year thing sad.gif Scored 9th row, Geddy's side last year in MusicToday's presale. This Tuesday will only tell.

Congrats to all who got good tix! trink39.gif

Archived