The Military Channel!

Jack Aubrey

OK, who else watches this? My two favorite shows are 'FutureWeapons' and 'Weaponology'.

If you come into this thread intending to talk trash about the military, please go elsewhere. This is intended to be an apolitical discussion of the Military Channel only. Plus, I'm a veteran and anyone who speaks ill of the military tends to get on my bad side. Don't be that guy.

Thank you!

I didn't know that this channel existed.

But when I read this earlier I checked and we do

have it. biggrin.gif

Looking foward to checking it out.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (the invisible man @ Feb 2 2008, 09:14 AM)
http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/uploads/kaleb70/82329_Mr_T.jpg
"I pity the fool who trys to turn this thread political. You think im bad, mess with Jack."
biggrin.gif

Right on!

I too have an interest in military science and I've had it for as long as I can remember, at least back to the good ol' days of "Baa Baa Black Sheep."

I haven't watched the Military Channel in some time but it's one of the reasons I like our digital cable lineup.

To outline some of the reasons I like the Military Channel:

1) I am a Cold War-era National Guard veteran (without combat experience) who has a long lineage of soldiers, sailors and airmen included on both sides of my family, including my late father, who was a Battle of the Bulge veteran with the 84th Infantry Division. He was wounded in action in Belgium in early January 1945.

2) I like to see the development of combat, from its earliest modern forms to the current approaches and into the future. It just plain fascinates me.

One of my favorite shows on the network is: "20th Century Battlefields."

Edited by skyswing

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 2 2008, 02:18 PM)
I love FutureWeapons and how genuinely enthusiastic the host gets when he gets to fire off some big shit. Best job ever.

Tell me about it! laugh.gif I want Mac's job! yes.gif

QUOTE (LoneStar Boogie @ Feb 8 2008, 01:00 AM)
Definitely a cool channel though I rarely get to watch it.

That's why G0d made TiVo. TiVo must have had divine intervention, because man couldn't have done this by himself. tongue.gif