Happiness is...

OriginalFan

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 19 2008, 02:22 PM)
Last night when my 9 year old daughter stopped while she was walking by the kitchen reached up to me and said I didn't kiss you since you came home, and then she did.

Daddy moment, hope it still counts.

Yes, "Daddy Moments" count too! biggrin.gif

Parliamentary rules? OK, I move that Digital Man's "Daddy Moment" be confirmed. Anyone second that? laugh.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Mar 19 2008, 05:57 PM)
Last night when my 9 year old daughter stopped while she was walking by the kitchen reached up to me and said I didn't kiss you since you came home, and then she did.

Parliamentary rules? OK, I move that Digital Man's "Daddy Moment" be confirmed. Anyone second that? laugh.gif

I definitely second that! yes.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 19 2008, 06:04 PM)

goodpost.gif

Now that is a great moment!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 19 2008, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Mar 19 2008, 09:32 AM)
On Monday, I went to a P.E. class with Moo. 

There was about 5 sets of parents that actually showed up, and I was the only parent out there jump roping with my little girl.

The smile on her face was the best, and I carried her to class with her little face snuggled into my neck.  I heard a whisper "I love you, mommy".  wub.gif

She did get a good laugh when my pants tried to fall down when I was jumping rope with her!  z7shysterical.gif

Awwww. Sweet. wub.gif

But, I'm laughing at the image of you with your pants falling down. rofl3.gif

Yeah, the girls were hitting me in the eyes, and my pants where protesting.

laugh.gif

So, yesterday, was my oldests turn to have a parent at the PE class, and I was the ONLY one that showed up. sad.gif

The kids really dug the fact that I was there helping out. I jump roped again, but, this time I wore different fitting draws. tongue.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 19 2008, 05:04 PM)

Motion carries. Digital Man, your Daddy Moment is approved! laugh.gif

So this is an odd mommy/Aunt moment...I'm taking my oldest to see The Jonas Brothers tonight (the latest boy band going). It is so adorable to see her and my neice making this poster and getting ready.

I'm seeing them and all I can really see is two sweet little toddlers - yet here they are teenagers getting all done up in the hopes that one of the Jonas brothers will notice them.

Where has the time gone... wub.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Mar 22 2008, 11:22 AM)
Is watching the Moon set over the Santa Monica Mountains and the Pacific Ocean at seven A.M. today. A round orange globe with a dark blue back ground.

sounds beautiful! Was this a solo mommy and/or daddy moment, or were there children involved? laugh.gif

Kismet

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 21 2008, 11:25 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Mar 20 2008, 09:39 AM)

Yeah, the girls were hitting me in the eyes, and my pants where protesting.

It took me a few to understand this part, but I think I know. I think. unsure.gif

Ouch! rofl3.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 8 2008, 01:18 AM)
i told my son, Tyler, i was sore from pulling weeds last weekend.

he says, "pain is weakness leaving the body".

he's such a good boy wub.gif

Such a good quote.

Hopefully he always remembers that.

wub.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Apr 8 2008, 12:18 AM)
i told my son, Tyler, i was sore from pulling weeds last weekend.

he says, "pain is weakness leaving the body".

he's such a good boy wub.gif

How cute - what a thoughful thing to say! wub.gif

My son, Patrick, has grown to the age where he doesn't like to get hugs and kisses anymore. It broke my heart when he got to this point. We've always been really close, and it was difficult for me to back off in order to respect his need to grow out of the "little boy" phase of his life. But, lately, he's been coming to me before he goes to bed to hug me and say, "Good night. I love you." Tonight, though, he kissed me on the cheek, too. biggrin.gif What a great son. I'm so proud of the young man he's becoming.

He has a little peach fuzz mustache now, too!!!!! Oy! wacko.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 12 2008, 12:37 AM)
My son, Patrick, has grown to the age where he doesn't like to get hugs and kisses anymore. It broke my heart when he got to this point. We've always been really close, and it was difficult for me to back off in order to respect his need to grow out of the "little boy" phase of his life. But, lately, he's been coming to me before he goes to bed to hug me and say, "Good night. I love you." Tonight, though, he kissed me on the cheek, too. biggrin.gif What a great son. I'm so proud of the young man he's becoming.

He has a little peach fuzz mustache now, too!!!!! Oy! wacko.gif

I dread the day Kerry gets to that age...he's only a year or so younger than Patrick.

Tonight, Kerry said to me, "Mom, you make me feel better just by coming into a room. When you smile, it's like a warm quilt...and when you look at me, it's like you see all the good stuff and none of the bad."

I was certainly touched...but I thought...wow, that sounds really "perfect."

Then he blushed and said, "I read that in a book...a boy was talking about his mom. But it fits you, so I wanted to tell it to you, too."

That boy is the light of my life. heart.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 12 2008, 09:23 PM)
My son, Patrick, has grown to the age where he doesn't like to get hugs and kisses anymore. It broke my heart when he got to this point. We've always been really close, and it was difficult for me to back off in order to respect his need to grow out of the "little boy" phase of his life. But, lately, he's been coming to me before he goes to bed to hug me and say, "Good night. I love you." Tonight, though, he kissed me on the cheek, too.  biggrin.gif  What a great son. I'm so proud of the young man he's becoming.

He has a little peach fuzz mustache now, too!!!!! Oy!  wacko.gif

I dread the day Kerry gets to that age...he's only a year or so younger than Patrick.

Tonight, Kerry said to me, "Mom, you make me feel better just by coming into a room. When you smile, it's like a warm quilt...and when you look at me, it's like you see all the good stuff and none of the bad."

Then he blushed and said, "I read that in a book...a boy was talking about his mom. But it fits you, so I wanted to tell it to you, too."

How precious! I love the way my almost-10 year old son tells me I'm the most beautiful, wonderful mom in the world... wub.gif

Makes up for the angst that comes with handling my 18 year old son with "tough love" - have had to make him move out and support himself and live with the consequences of his shortsighted and immature decisions (like dropping out of high school, using drugs, and driving like an ass, among other things).

b_sigh.gif It's never easy, is it!

Kismet

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Apr 12 2008, 11:34 PM)
My son, Patrick, has grown to the age where he doesn't like to get hugs and kisses anymore. It broke my heart when he got to this point. We've always been really close, and it was difficult for me to back off in order to respect his need to grow out of the "little boy" phase of his life. But, lately, he's been coming to me before he goes to bed to hug me and say, "Good night. I love you." Tonight, though, he kissed me on the cheek, too.  biggrin.gif  What a great son. I'm so proud of the young man he's becoming.

How precious! I love the way my almost-10 year old son tells me I'm the most beautiful, wonderful mom in the world... wub.gif

Makes up for the angst that comes with handling my 18 year old son with "tough love" - have had to make him move out and support himself and live with the consequences of his shortsighted and immature decisions (like dropping out of high school, using drugs, and driving like an ass, among other things).

Kismet

You know, we can only do so much. As mothers, we put the burden upon ourselves. A lot of times, that kid just has a mind of his own and I'm not a factor. I'm not part of the picture. I feel like, "Damn it, Patrick. Stop doing that. You're making me look like a bad mother." And, then I feel like the whole world is looking at me like, "Wow. You suck at this, don't you?" Arg! Don't beat yourself up. These "people" we gave birth to tend to do stupid things, in spite of our wonderful and wise words of wisdom and exemplary examples we set for them. eyesre4.gif

We're human, and they are human (yes. they are.), and we're all fallible. Hopefully, it all works out in the end.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 13 2008, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Apr 12 2008, 11:34 PM)

Kismet

You know, we can only do so much. As mothers, we put the burden upon ourselves. A lot of times, that kid just has a mind of his own and I'm not a factor. I'm not part of the picture. I feel like, "Damn it, Patrick. Stop doing that. You're making me look like a bad mother." And, then I feel like the whole world is looking at me like, "Wow. You suck at this, don't you?" Arg! Don't beat yourself up. These "people" we gave birth to tend to do stupid things, in spite of our wonderful and wise words of wisdom and exemplary examples we set for them. eyesre4.gif

We're human, and they are human (yes. they are.), and we're all fallible. Hopefully, it all works out in the end.

goodpost.gif Sully that sums up parenthood perfectly - right down to how most of us feel and what we hope for... hug2.gif

One of the twins, Danielle is doing her homework...it's all about measuring. She has to measure a person, their neck and a shoe.

I ask her "do you have to measure the foot of the person you measured?" Her answer "no mommy I have to measure inches not feet" laugh.gif

I got a joy that she was so involved she didn't understand the question! wub.gif

My ten year old presented me with this poem a couple of nights ago. I thought he had been given an assignment, but he just had some extra time in art class and said that he wanted to do this as a gift for me. smile.gif It's on a grubby sheet of paper with smudges, and I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world.

Mom

My mom is sweet as sweet can be

The one who comforts me

The one who loves me

And I do back.

My mom is the best

She cannot be replaced

The most loving, caring person I know.

My mom.

by Kerry J~

I cried buckets. wub.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 2 2008, 03:38 PM)
My ten year old presented me with this poem a couple of nights ago. I thought he had been given an assignment, but he just had some extra time in art class and said that he wanted to do this as a gift for me. smile.gif It's on a grubby sheet of paper with smudges, and I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world.

Mom

The one who comforts me
The one who loves me
And I do back.

My mom is the best
She cannot be replaced

My mom.

by Kerry J~

I cried buckets. wub.gif

Oh, my gosh. That's so sweet! What a great kid. What a great MOM! smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 2 2008, 02:38 PM)

Mom

The one who comforts me
The one who loves me
And I do back.

My mom is the best
She cannot be replaced

My mom.

by Kerry J~

I cried buckets. wub.gif

wub.gif What a sweetie! That paper is one to be treasured always, especially when he's a big stinky surly teenager... laugh.gif

K

Thanks, Stace and OF...

I'm still carrying the paper around in my purse. wub.gif

Archived