Budgie

treeduck

These guys are a power trio in the early Rush/Sabbath/Led Zep tradition (in the 70s), with a Geddy Lee-like vocalist/bass player. Then went more Saxon/Iron Maiden/AC/DC (in the 80s) all in their own unique style of course though. Any fans in here? I don't remember seeing a thread.

Jeez it's hard getting any CDs by these guys too, I only have certain albums on worn out, sctratched up vinyl, hardly anyone has anything by them. They do have a new album out though from 2006, looks interesting...

Talk to me you Rushiacs!!

trink38.gif 1022.gif biggrin.gif

I remember some Budgie being played at the rock clubs I frequented many years ago. I can remember lead singer's voice was pretty much like Geddy's. But I can't name any of their songs.

Sorry TD, I'm trying to carry the thread for you smile.gif

Excellent band in their day, and of course their poularity was ressurected somewhat when Metallica covered Breadfan and Crash Course in Brain Surgery.

if nothing else, their song titles were amuing - Hotter than a Dockers Armpit springs to mind....

QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 30 2007, 03:01 AM)
Excellent band in their day, and of course their poularity was ressurected somewhat when Metallica covered Breadfan and Crash Course in Brain Surgery.

if nothing else, their song titles were amuing - Hotter than a Dockers Armpit springs to mind....

Yeah i love those Quirky titles!

laugh.gif

Great album cover art too...

http://www.redshare.ru/uploads/posts/thumbs/1176288201_budgiebandolierfront.jpg

http://www.budgie.uk.com/images/albums/ntboflrg.jpg

http://www.budgie.uk.com/images/albums/brittanialrg.jpg

http://www.budgie.uk.com/images/albums/nightflightsml.jpg

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Nov 30 2007, 02:46 AM)
I remember some Budgie being played at the rock clubs I frequented many years ago. I can remember lead singer's voice was pretty much like Geddy's. But I can't name any of their songs.

Sorry TD, I'm trying to carry the thread for you smile.gif

trink39.gif

In The Grip Of A Tyrefitters Hand, If I Were Britannia I'd Waive The Rules and Nude Disintegrating Parachute Woman are three of the best song titles of all time!! The songs are pretty good too.

Definitely time for a Budgie revival!

There used to be an English TRFer, Nick something, he was a Budgie fan. Anyone remember him? He used to always mention COS as the greatest Rush release. I think he got banned.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 30 2007, 07:13 AM)
In The Grip Of A Tyrefitters Hand, If I Were Britannia I'd Waive The Rules and Nude Disintegrating Parachute Woman are three of the best song titles of all time!! The songs are pretty good too.

Definitely time for a Budgie revival!

There used to be an English TRFer, Nick something, he was a Budgie fan. Anyone remember him? He used to always mention COS as the greatest Rush release. I think he got banned.

Here's what the new album looks like, I've heard a few tracks on their myspace page, they're pretty good...

http://www.budgie.uk.com/images/merchandise/cuckoolrg.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/budgieofficialmyspace

Nick got banned for making it look like the lyrics of a song were the disasters of his real life, ie his woman leaving him, he was referencing a Reeves and Mortimer scetch by "Mulligan and O'Hare. It was strange to see everyone believe him, commiserate and give him pep talks, I thought they must be playing along with him at first. Necro was particularly pissed once he realised!!

laugh.gif

Latest news:

Shelley Burke and co have had guitarist problems lately, Simon Lees (very good player) left in July and the latest recruit left before he got started. The good news though is they're going to have a guest guitarist for the next tour, none other than Dio axe man Craig Goldy, not a bad guy to step in for a while...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 30 2007, 07:26 PM)

Nick got banned for making it look like the lyrics of a song were the disasters of his real life, ie his woman leaving him, he was referencing a Reeves and Mortimer scetch by "Mulligan and O'Hare. It was strange to see everyone believe him, commiserate and give him pep talks, I thought they must be playing along with him at first. Necro was particularly pissed once he realised!!

laugh.gif

Now I remember! It caused quite a kerfuffle at the time.

Hey cool, I was able to get the first 5 Budgie albums (Budgie, Squawk, Never Turn Your Back on a Friend, In For the Kill and Bandolier) from their website plus the new one and it apears that NTYBOAF is signed by the three original members of the band!!

ohmy.gif

Not had th chance to listen to them yet, I'll take my time going through them later...

wink.gif

trink39.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 14 2011, 01:40 AM)
I've started threads about this band too Pat!

One of the greatest bands ever made!

I have all of their shit!!

Three piece bands rule the land!

trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

PS: Dream Theater needs five musicians to sound like three.

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 14 2011, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 14 2011, 01:40 AM)
I've started threads about this band too Pat!

One of the greatest bands ever made!

I have all of their shit!!

Three piece bands rule the land!

trink39.gif  1022.gif  trink39.gif

PS:  Dream Theater needs five musicians to sound like three.

1022.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif