Hey, 'Futurama' Fans!

Jack Aubrey

Streeting tomorrow:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51gKCwBXhAL._SS500_.jpg

Now, your mission is to go and buy or rent this, because the more people that buy or rent it, the better the chances are that we'll be seeing brand-new eps of this great show on TV in the near future. And that will be a good thing considering that 'The Simpsons' has pretty much jumped the shark.

You have your orders, carry on.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

I've known about this for a while now. I was a big Futurama fan back in its origional run. I have the whole series on DVD already, and cannot wait to go into Best Buy tommorow!!

It's about time we got some new Futurama. and IMO Futurama is better that post season 10 simpsons

I love Futurama, and I am kind of embarassed to say, but my 5 year old girl loves it too... especially Bender!

It is the only "adult" cartoon I let her watch with me... if it gets too racey or inappropriate, I either mute, or change the channel...

I don't dare let her watch Family Guy or South Park, etc.

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (rushbass @ Nov 26 2007, 04:58 PM)
I love Futurama, and I am kind of embarassed to say, but my 5 year old girl loves it too... especially Bender!

It is the only "adult" cartoon I let her watch with me... if it gets too racey or inappropriate, I either mute, or change the channel...

yeah Futurama is pretty tame concidering the other "adult" cartoons out there. On the same level as the simpsons.

The "adult" jokes are suttle and take a bit of comprehension to get, not something a 5 year old wouldn't understand this

Lurr: Yes I think I'll take Fry's lower horn jerked

Bender: It's used to it....woooo!!!!!!

as a "dick joke"

only something an older audience would get.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 27 2007, 01:30 AM)

yeah Futurama is pretty tame concidering the other "adult" cartoons out there. On the same level as the simpsons.

The "adult" jokes are suttle and take a bit of comprehension to get, not something a 5 year old wouldn't understand this

as a "dick joke"

What was that line that Hermes once said? "Jerked chicken, jerked beef, jerked pork! Is there any meat this man can't jerk?" laugh.gif Or something like that. The double entendre-ancient, but still funny!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 27 2007, 06:32 AM)

as a "dick joke"

What was that line that Hermes once said? "Jerked chicken, jerked beef, jerked pork! Is there any meat this man can't jerk?" laugh.gif Or something like that. The double entendre-ancient, but still funny!

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Hermes' Jerked Prune Juice

Hermes: I call it Caribbean Draino

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 27 2007, 12:20 PM)

as a "dick joke"

Yeah, I forgot about that one! laugh.gif GREAT line!

Next we've gotta show some love for Zapp Brannigan.

"Kiff, I have made it with a woman. Inform the men."

"Kiff, if there's one thing I don't need right now, it's your 'I-don't-think-that's-wise' attitude!"

"I find that the most sensual part of a woman is the boobie." laugh.gif

"Ladies, please! The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...and spongy."

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 27 2007, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 27 2007, 12:20 PM)

as a "dick joke"

Yeah, I forgot about that one! laugh.gif GREAT line!

Next we've gotta show some love for Zapp Brannigan.

"Kiff, I have made it with a woman. Inform the men."

"Kiff, if there's one thing I don't need right now, it's your 'I-don't-think-that's-wise' attitude!"

"I find that the most sensual part of a woman is the boobie." laugh.gif

"Ladies, please! The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...and spongy."

Great Lines rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Nice Avitar update as well Jack rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I am about to have class right now, but I am going to Best Buy after I get out and go and pick this up

I love futurama. I watch it with my 15 yo son. With the 70's and 80's references, there are many times when I burst out laughing and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

Some favorite episodes:

When Fry sells his hands to the devilbot.

When Bender is lost in space and becomes a god.

When Farnsworth invents an alternate universe.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 27 2007, 02:10 PM)
I admit when Fururama was inatially cancelled I had to spend a few hours in the Angry dome.

http://www.aqwh78.dsl.pipex.com/scans/angrydome.gif

laugh.gif My wife and I like to joke that we're going to install an angry dome in our house!

Let's not forget the Rush sighting in the episode where Fry puts on "Tom Sawyer" while playing "Space Invaders" for real. Edited by skyswing

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 27 2007, 09:06 PM)
Just watched the DVD, listening to the commentaty now (yes, you can call me a nerd), but the Movie is great....plot is a little complicated thought...but fantastic.

I got it too and I agree with your assessment.

"Kiff, shield my thighs from the cold for God's sake!" laugh.gif

P. S. Did you find the Easter Egg? (Hint: look for Bender's head.)

Edited by Jack Aubrey