G.I. JOE live action movie

JohnnyBlaze

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6539

Sienna Miller Recruited for G.I. Joe

Source: Variety November 19, 2007

Sienna Miller is the first actor to enlist in Paramount Pictures' big-budget tentpole G.I. Joe, reports Variety.

The British actress will play the film's female lead, described as a raven-haired baroness and sexy femme fatale skilled in espionage.

Stephen Sommers directs the live-action film based on the Hasbro toys, comic book and TV series.

Paramount, which has set a mid-February start date, has slotted the film for an August 7, 2009, release.

The story is set at Brussels-based GIJOE, an acronym for the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, and revolves around an international co-ed force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil org headed by a Scottish arms dealer.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Transformers) is producing alongside Hasbro's Brian Goldner.

Another hit or miss movie in the works. But I guess as long as they show Snake Eyes and Stormshadow kicking ass then it won't be a total loss

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Nov 23 2007, 01:46 PM)
it's set in England and Scotland? What happened to "A Real American Hero"?

I guess the producers feel they can't market the movie globally if it's true to the original idea of G.I. Joe. confused13.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 24 2007, 05:12 AM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Nov 23 2007, 01:46 PM)
it's set in England and Scotland? What happened to "A Real American Hero"?

I guess the producers feel they can't market the movie globally if it's true to the original idea of G.I. Joe. confused13.gif

That sounds right. Besides, some members of G.I. JOE aren't even yanks so that tag wouldn't necessarily apply

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 24 2007, 04:38 PM)
Why? confused13.gif

MONEY!!!! Name recognition alone should have them raking in tons of money. Is this such a huge surprise? They're making movies of Speed Racer and Battle Of The Planets...not to mention the slew of superhero movies that have already been done. Look how successful Transformers was. If you were a kid in the mid 70s-mid 80s then you definitely know all of these titles. And if you were such a kid then chances are that you've got a kid now that's an age that WOULD like these kinds of movies. Something like Thundercats or Johnny Quest should be on the way in the not too distant future don't you think?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 24 2007, 11:06 AM)
Why?  confused13.gif

MONEY!!!! Name recognition alone should have them raking in tons of money. Is this such a huge surprise? They're making movies of Speed Racer and Battle Of The Planets...not to mention the slew of superhero movies that have already been done. Look how successful Transformers was. If you were a kid in the mid 70s-mid 80s then you definitely know all of these titles. And if you were such a kid then chances are that you've got a kid now that's an age that WOULD like these kinds of movies. Something like Thundercats or Johnny Quest should be on the way in the not too distant future don't you think?

This is one movie I would never take a child to.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 25 2007, 07:04 AM)
Why?  confused13.gif

You asked 'why'.

And surely there are far worse movies than G.I. JOE to take your 10 year old son to

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 25 2007, 02:23 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 25 2007, 07:04 AM)
Why?  confused13.gif

You asked 'why'.

And surely there are far worse movies than G.I. JOE to take your 10 year old son to

Debatable.