Hollywood Writers

Ru5h F@n

Um yeah ok. Without them, you won't see any tv shows or movies either. So they do matter. Without writers, the entertainment industry suffers a big blow. Entertainment is a big money business for the Americans and their failing economy, now that their dollar is down, this is not a good time for them at all actually. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Nov 6 2007, 02:53 PM)
Um yeah ok. Without them, you won't see any tv shows or movies either. So they do matter. Without writers, the entertainment industry suffers a big blow.  Entertainment is a big money business for the Americans and their failing economy, now that their dollar is down, this is not a good time for them at all actually. unsure.gif

Since tss said that the writers all suck, I don't think he cares about the tv shows or movies. So to him, they don't matter. See how that works? And I'm guessing that if you HONESTLY think about this strike, you're not really concerned about the economy after all. Rather, you're worried about the new episodes of whatever show it is you love that you WON'T be seeing. But no problem, life rolls on no matter what reality show or tv drama you'll be missing. trink38.gif

with the exception of very few shows like "Numbers" or "Cold Case"... there's not that much of a loss, at least as an audience member.

most of what Hollywood spews out is complete crap. naturally, the producers are as much at fault as the mostly talentless hacks they hire to write the junk.

i'd feel more empathy if i gave a hoot at the nonsense coming out of the industry. as it is, I don't think many of us will notice much difference between the staff writers' work and the piles of scripts the producers have been digging out of their rubbish cans the past coupla weeks...

The main thing that worries me about the strike is that it could result in more "reality" shows being aired. That would suck! Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 6 2007, 04:25 AM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Nov 6 2007, 02:53 PM)
Um yeah ok. Without them, you won't see any tv shows or movies either. So they do matter. Without writers, the entertainment industry suffers a big blow.  Entertainment is a big money business for the Americans and their failing economy, now that their dollar is down, this is not a good time for them at all actually. unsure.gif

Since tss said that the writers all suck, I don't think he cares about the tv shows or movies. So to him, they don't matter. See how that works? And I'm guessing that if you HONESTLY think about this strike, you're not really concerned about the economy after all. Rather, you're worried about the new episodes of whatever show it is you love that you WON'T be seeing. But no problem, life rolls on no matter what reality show or tv drama you'll be missing. trink38.gif

goodpost.gif

I haven't watched regular network programming in about 10 years.

When the history and discovery channels go on strike, then give me a call.

I think the writers should get what they want. I don't always side with labor, but if they (the media distributors) make money on the internet, then the writers are entitled to a percentage just as much as they would be outside the internet.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 6 2007, 04:39 AM)
The main thing that worries me about the strike is that it could result in more "reality" shows being aired. That would suck!

Oh I hope you're wrong there. We have enough reality junk already as it is. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Nov 6 2007, 03:16 PM)
The main thing that worries me about the strike is that it could result in more "reality" shows being aired. That would suck!

Oh I hope you're wrong there. We have enough reality junk already as it is. unsure.gif

I don't mind reality shows as long as they're about something, like 'MythBusters', 'Man Vs. Wild', 'Survivorman', etc. But shows about gen-x morons eating raw hog anus for money, or some washed-up rapper picking a new 'ho' from a stable of gold-digging skanks make me want to projectile puke.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 6 2007, 02:31 PM)

I don't mind reality shows as long as they're about something, like 'MythBusters', 'Man Vs. Wild', 'Survivorman', etc. But shows about gen-x morons eating raw hog anus for money, or some washed-up rapper picking a new 'ho' from a stable of gold-digging skanks make me want to projectile puke.

jack, tell us how you REALLY feel. tongue.gif

Hollywood writers on strike... good!

I don't support them anyway... I do not go see any new movies (they cannot come up with any good / new / fresh ideas anyway), and most of the TV I watch is old repeats on the TVLand Channel, and old cartoons on Boomerang...

so, I won't miss a single thing.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 6 2007, 05:31 PM)

Jack your words are so poetic........brings a tear to me eye!!!!

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Nov 7 2007, 09:49 PM)

He had me at "eating raw hog anus"

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 7 2007, 12:11 PM)

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

like them or not, all they are trying to do is get their share of money from the sale of downloads, podcasts, and dvds. I don't see a problem with them wanting to share in the profits of their intellectual creations. Although there could be more originality it is stupid to say they all suck or they don't have any new ideas.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 7 2007, 11:11 AM)

yes.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 7 2007, 07:24 PM)
like them or not, all they are trying to do is get their share of money from the sale of downloads, podcasts, and dvds. I don't see a problem with them wanting to share in the profits of their intellectual creations. Although there could be more originality it is stupid to say they all suck or they don't have any new ideas.

Funny thing is I bet the sales of DVDs of TV shows will go up big time during this hiatus...

I know for me personally it gives me a chance to catch up on shows I'm behind on.

Some of my new fav shows like Dexter, Weeds and Californication have EXCELLENT writing so it is not all bad. It's the major networks which have all the crappy shows.