We Hold On

Nocturn

Time and Motion

Alien Shore

Bravado

Ghost of a chance

Marathon

Vital Signs

Those are some of my favorites that don't get the attention that some of their material gets.

i know this song gets alot of hate from the fans, but I really like "nobody's hero". I am at a lost to explain why this song gets so much hate

There's no mystery here, it's just a homophobic reaction. People I know who are not knowledgeable Rush fans simply refer to it as "that gay song". Of course, some hardcore Rush fans feel the same way. I don't think these same people are even aware that it also refers to a young girl who was murdered.

Red Lenses is talking and bass?

O... k...

QUOTE (Cechan a of Stgho @ Sep 24 2007, 04:14 AM)
Well well...

In the mood.
Rivendell.
The Necromancer.
The Fountain of Lamneth.
The Twilight Zone.
Lessons.
A Farewell to Kings.
Cinderella Man.
Madrigal.
Circumstances.
Tide Pools.
Vital Signs.
Chemistry.
Digital Man.
The Weapon.
Losing It.
Countdown.
The Body Electric.
Kid Gloves.
red lenses.
Emotion Detector.
Force Ten.
Open Secrets.
Second Nature.
Prime Mover.
Lock and Key.
Mission.
Turn the Page.
Tai Shan.
High Water.
Superconductor.
Red Tide.
Limbo.

Wow, I agree with all of this list with one exception...

Trade out Territories for Emotion Detector. Love the bass and guitar lines, and the ambience on Territories. Not to mention the subject matter will always be a relevant statement.

Other than that, we're on the same page, although I haven't listened to the older stuff in awhile. Time to make some new playlists new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Sep 24 2007, 01:01 PM)
i know this song gets alot of hate from the fans, but I really like "nobody's hero". I am at a lost to explain why this song gets so much hate

There's no mystery here, it's just a homophobic reaction. People I know who are not knowledgeable Rush fans simply refer to it as "that gay song". Of course, some hardcore Rush fans feel the same way. I don't think these same people are even aware that it also refers to a young girl who was murdered.

Red Lenses is talking and bass?

O... k...

I happen to like Nobody's hero but I have to take exception to the tone of this post that unsinuates that anyone that doesn't like it is homophobic. It is possible to not like it and not be homophobic.

Sorry, that wasn't intended. Obviously some people may just not like the song anyway but I've heard so much griping about that song at concerts, on messageboards, and so on and it's usually done in a derogatory way because of the lyrical references. I didn't mean that not liking the song makes you homophobic. It's not one of my favorites on that album just because there's so much other good stuff on there.

Rivendell, Tears, Different Strings, Chemistry, Kid Gloves, Tai Shan, Ghost of a Chance, all of Caress of Steel, all of Test for Echo, all of Vapor Trails.

Those are my picks.

Archived