• Dial-up
    • Cable
    • DSL
    • T1 and above
    • Other

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have 'Wireless'. Its really the only option for where we live, very lucky to even have anything this fast. It runs at 256K and for the most part is pretty quick. I get 100k downloads all the time, up's are a bit different. Weather and nature in general affect it. It uses no modems and just a single microwave antenna that shoots to a tower about 12 miles away. Always on!

Cable for us. Been 2 years now. Lightning fast for both down and up which is why I went with Cable. I send out large attachments for work and needed something that sends out well. DSL just didn't fit the bill. I also use a wireless card for my laptop so I can take it anywhere in or out of the house. It's awesome to sit out by the pool during the summer and be on-line.

Cable here. Whenever I visit family and use their dialup I always wonder what's wrong with their computer. If it takes a few seconds to load a page it seems like forever. I like Cable because I can download a song from Winmx and play it as it's downloading, someone asks me if I heard the new song (whatever song) and within a few seconds It's playing as it's downloading. It takes longer than that to find a CD and play it.

Sorry, I know some people look down on stealing music but if it's a good CD I will buy it. I have bought every Rush CD, most of the times I have bought them several times as I wore the old ones out. I also saw them 20 times in concert and bought several shirts so I've done my job supporting Rush. lol

Stuck with Dial Up right now. That the only thing offered right this second. As I type this they are putting the cable lines together to bring us cable, we also finally get digital cable!!!! I can barely wait! We have held off getting cable tv when we moved out here so we could get everything hooked up at once, what a pain in the arse!

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Dec 22 2004, 06:17 AM)
Cable for me. So DM and RR with the screaming fast connections, what exactly are your nicks over at the Hub ?? wink.gif

Well, I haven't ever actually registered at the HUB.

This is kind of pathetic, it shows how much of geek I am. I actually got my high speed connection so I could work faster when I am at home. I have to get up in the middle of the night sometimes to do maintenance on servers & the faster speed really helps.

It's just an added benefit for me on the personal side of Internet usage.

I shall go register at the HUB & try to redeem myself. cool.gif

Archived