The Simsons movie !

Soni

Saw it today!

F**king funny! I loved every moments of it !

Who else saw it ?

http://www.cinemovies.fr/images/data/films/Pfilm14115289834234.jpg<------ Trapped inside this octavarium tongue.gif

I haven't seen the movie but I was in Orlando last week and stayed about 3 blocks from a 7-11 that was converted into a Kwik E Mart. Pretty cool. While I was in the store a customer asked the clerk why they were no longer a 7-11. She heard me laughing and said that they get asked that a hundred times a day.

I think I'm becomimg obsessed with Scarlett Johansson. ph34r.gif

Saw it tonight, I expected a masterpiece... :::spoilers below:::

In a word (ok, in three words):

I hated it.

In many words: Aside from a few solid 'jokey' jokes, the movie fell dead flat on me.

First off, most of the movie was spent on wacky left-wing environmentalist preaching. Enough with the politics, Groening, I get it --- you're a Bush-hating leftist, if you must; make a one line joke about it, and move on. And "President Schwartzenegger"? Seriously.? Don't you think "President Wolfcastle" would have been more effective to the world of the Simpsons?

Second, who the hell is this Russ Cargill guy... seriously villains like Mr. Burns, Fat Tony, and Sideshow Bob (who wasn't even mentioned!!!) are right on Springfield doorstep, and they couldn't capitalize?! If you're making a Simpson's movie, let's keep in the family (or town). There was way too much extra-Springfieldian activity in this movie --- in the Simpsons, there should be nothing outside of Springfield.

Third, this plot was WAY too cataclysmic, requiring much more story than you can properly fit into 1.5 hours (looks like they cut A LOT). Homer is a screw up, but you just can't have him causing Armageddon for everyone! The Simpsons has always had a root in reality, with just a twist of irony and sarcasm. This movie has a root of irony and sarcasm with no semblance of reality in sight.

Fourth, I would like to know if Homer even still works at the power Plant? Do Bart and Lisa still attend class regularly? Seems major aspects of the Simpson's every day life are being forgotten. I want to see people out at the Kwik-e-Mart or in Burns' office at the plant. I don't care to see homer trying to hike the Alaskan tundra. Again, keep it in the town!!

Everything I've said here, can be applied to the show too, this is why it's lost its touch. They went WAY too big, WAY too bold, WAY too preachy, and WAY too stupid. They've lost the art of wit, pun, and double entendre; and now their humor settles for full frontals, pointless swearing, and random bong hits. It has stooped to a new low, and I have to say it; the Simpsons just may be dead to me.

0/5 stars -- and I am the biggest Simpsons fan I know.

Edited by KenJennings

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Jul 28 2007, 01:29 AM)
First off, most of the movie was spent on wacky left-wing environmentalist preaching. Enough with the politics, Groening, I get it --- you're a Bush-hating leftist, if you must; make a one line joke about it, and move on. And "President Schwartzenegger"? Seriously.? Don't you think "President Wolfcastle" would have been more effective to the world of the Simpsons?

yes.gif I hate when stuff like this happens! Why Schwarzenegger? Wolfcastle is established!

I also agree about the left-wing preaching. In the TV series they ram all those Lisa Simpson driven episodes down your throat! She's an annoying character! She's not funny! Enough already!

I haven't seen the movie and after reading about it I am in no rush to go see it in theaters. Why should I? It'll be out on DVD by Christmas!