Transformers

Sark

Just wondering If anyone has and what they thought. I'm certainly not expecting too much other than a special-effects fest.

OMFG!!!!!!

THIS IS QUITE POSSIBLY THE GREATEST MOVIE IN EXISTANCE!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Excellent story, Megatron still scares the shit outta me like when I was 4. And Optimus Prime was the greatest in the universe!!!!!

Hells yeah 5 stars!!!!!

I just saw it last night...AWESOME!!!

"Bumblebee...stop lubricating the human!" LOL laugh.gif

The CGI effects in this were OUTSTANDING, as well. yes.gif

We saw this opening night before the Darien Lake show.

We loved it. I'm a diehard Transformers fan, and I'll agree with the reviewers:

- Excellent CG

- Excellent acting (surprisingly)

- Hot actress

- Excellent fight scenes

Lacking in story.

A truly awesome movie. My only complaint is that they mixed beast wars and the original transformers by throwing in Scorpinock.(speaking of which, i hope Cheetor is in the next movie.)

SPOILER:

Man, when Optimus cut off Bonecrusher's head i about freaked!! 1022.gif truly awesome.

It was the best 2 1/2 hour General Motors commercial I have ever seen!

Seriously, the movie was pretty darned good. The same dude that voiced Optimus Prime in the cartoon series was Optimus in the movie.

Will definately see again!

QUOTE (JimboGames @ Jul 14 2007, 04:02 PM)
. The same dude that voiced Optimus Prime in the cartoon series was Optimus in the movie.

Same guy as Megatron too!

Seriously, this movie just blew me away! I loved the fact they used a lot of the old characters from the cartoon, but I dont remember Scorpionlock and some of the Deceptions like Barricade or Starscream, then again it was a long time ago. It was CGI but it was done so good, it was completely real looking. The scenes with Starscream flying and then turning into a robot were incredible. The scene when they are trying to hide outside the Kid's house is the best, trying to avoid getting caught by his parents "Let's just call it...Sam's Happy Time"

oh and Megan Fox is one of my top 10! wub.gif

Edited by ElectricEye

Awesome movie, I almost cried at the greatness of it. I loved the part where Megatron sort of scolded Starscream...that was straight from the cartoon, as Starscream was always a bastard. Let's get Soundwave (my favorite) and some of the Dinobots (GRIMLOCK!!) in the next one.

In full disclosure, the Transformers were a little after my time. By the time they became a popular toy (and subsequent cartoon), I was too old. I never had one toy and never saw one single cartoon. My wife, who is older than I, didn't know anything about them either.

Yesterday, we dropped our daughters off at my mother in law's house, in Rockford IL. There is a nice Showplace theater nearby, with stadium seating and state of the art sound. We decided we'd go to a movie that would take advantage of the theater, as the movie house in our hometown sort of sucks.

In any event, we decided to see "Transformers," for the hell of it. As a couple who had no clue what it was about before hand, we both enjoyed the movie tremendously. It was fast paced, exciting, funny and very entertaining. The only negative in the movie was the actress cast as the protagonist's girlfriend. She couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

I finally saw it, and I was pleasantly surprised. They brought it up to more "modern" times as the cartoon was a number of years ago. The action sequences were fast-paced and hard hitting. It also had time to throw the jokes in too. Some of the dialogue and the writing could have been better, but I was entertained. Did anyone notice the air freshner on Bumble Bee's rearview mirror? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Jul 16 2007, 12:59 PM)
I finally saw it, and I was pleasantly surprised. They brought it up to more "modern" times as the cartoon was a number of years ago. The action sequences were fast-paced and hard hitting. It also had time to throw the jokes in too. Some of the dialogue and the writing could have been better, but I was entertained. Did anyone notice the air freshner on Bumble Bee's rearview mirror? rofl3.gif

"beeotch"

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 16 2007, 12:25 PM)
The only negative in the movie was the actress cast as the protagonist's girlfriend. She couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

who was looking at her "acting" wink.gif

she is Brian Austin Green's (90210 ) girlfriend in real life angry.gif

QUOTE (ElectricEye @ Jul 16 2007, 07:58 AM)
. The same dude that voiced Optimus Prime in the cartoon series was Optimus in the movie.

Seriously, this movie just blew me away! I loved the fact they used a lot of the old characters from the cartoon, but I dont remember Scorpionlock and some of the Deceptions like Barricade or Starscream, then again it was a long time ago. It was CGI but it was done so good, it was completely real looking. The scenes with Starscream flying and then turning into a robot were incredible. The scene when they are trying to hide outside the Kid's house is the best, trying to avoid getting caught by his parents "Let's just call it...Sam's Happy Time"

oh and Megan Fox is one of my top 10! wub.gif

I can't believe I'm quoting this from so long ago. laugh.gif

I was given the 2-DVD set as a b'day present and finally got to see this movie, as well as all the making of features. We all thought the movie was astounding and not just for the special effects. The cast was awesome, the dialogue was sharp, and the kid is a riot.

Then I got to watch the specials on how they created these things. It blew me away.

Do you know they engineered the transformers to actually transform? Part by part. Over 110 THOUSAND individually moving parts transform Optimus Prime - each adjusting and moving into proper position. That, to me, was mind blowing. It took something like 36 hours (I forget exactly how long they said) of creating the frame by frame transformation to film. Outrageous.

There are tons of references in this movie which they cover in the DVDs. Bumblebee being parked next to a yellow Volkswagon Beetle (as he was in the cartoon) was rather clever.

Anyway... I quoted this post to make a correction. Michael Bay did not choose the original guy who did Megatron's voice to be in the movie. He considered it, but decided against it.

QUOTE (ElectricEye @ Jul 16 2007, 12:58 PM)

Nuh-uh, Hugo Weaving was Megatron. Starscream was in the cartoon.

Besides it being a "disengage-brain" movie, I enjoy this enormously.

And Megan Fox? Very shiny!

I've only just watched this film and it was better than I expected, with some good actors, (John Voight, John Turturro) and pretty decent special effects. I never followed the TV show back in the 80s so the story and characters were all new to me, the plot was a little corny, as were some of the character names (Megatron!!) but it wasn't too bad. Some of the action scenes suffered from the dreaded herky jerky camera disease, they were otherwise entertaining though.

One thing I found weird was Megan Fox, even though she was like 20 when they made the film, the same age as her Wil Wheaton lookalike co-star, she looked at least 30 and looked way too old to be playing a high school kid. I thought she was the teacher at first. It was like he was dating his hot auntie, in fact she could have been his stripper mother! What a mofo!

Anyway, overall nothing to get too worked up about but a pretty good popcorn film.

I'll look out for the sequel now...

trink38.gif