Bill the 2008 leg..

The Owl

We all know that at the conclusion of the "Snakes and Arrows" tour this November, Rush will be on a break until the New Year. This is of course great news as they will be continuing on until about this time Next Year!!!

But since the billed "Snakes and Arrows" tour ends in November, what will they call the 2008 leg.

Will they be planning a live album and bill it the name of that.

Ex. "All the Worlds A Stage" tour happened after the "2112" tour

or might it be the fan dreaded "Farewell" tour.

Any guesses????

Note. this is not a spoiler thread. If you wish to discuss the tour as of now please avoid spoilers.

Thanks new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

A lot of times, after the scheduled dates end, bands just add more legs onto the same tour...U2 and the Rolling Stones have been on their "Vertigo" and "A Bigger Bang" tours, respectively, since 2005 and are still calling them the same thing. Expect Rush's new dates to be billed like so:

"An Evening with Rush - Snakes & Arrows Tour 2008"

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 18 2007, 12:14 AM)
A lot of times, after the scheduled dates end, bands just add more legs onto the same tour...U2 and the Rolling Stones have been on their "Vertigo" and "A Bigger Bang" tours, respectively, since 2005 and are still calling them the same thing. Expect Rush's new dates to be billed like so:

"An Evening with Rush - Snakes & Arrows Tour 2008"

True, the most likely of senerios. But I was trying to encourage creativity here.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 18 2007, 05:01 PM)
I would call it the "damn lucky to see us twice in one year" tour -

Yes very definitely and I would say that there is one more chance that I might get to see the boys play live before they decide to retire or, better still, they might ACTUALLY go to Australia so that I can see them for sure. yes.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 18 2007, 10:46 AM)
Does anyone know if they were planning to revisit N America in 2008?

Since they said they're going until next summer. My guess would be probably

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 18 2007, 11:29 AM)

I hope they come to Biloxi, New Orleans, Pensacola... somewhere on the Gulf Coast, Please Rush!!!

QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ Jun 18 2007, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (alphseeker @ Jun 18 2007, 01:01 AM)
I would call it the "damn lucky to see us twice in one year" tour -

good point

Niel probably named that one, huh? rofl3.gif

The thing about the winter leg though is that if they're revisiting cities, that all the venues will be diffrent. Who wants to sit in an Ampitheter in February???

I'll be intrested to see not only the cities visited but as well as the venues as well.

They missed Nashville because of the closing of Starwood Ampitheter, but I will be thrilled if they play something like the Nashvill Arena (formally Gaylord Entertainment Center or the "GEC) or Even where I live in Murfreesboro (30mi south of Nashville) at the Murphry Center (MTSU's indoor arena) which they have done before (Counterparts tour)

QUOTE (rushbass @ Jun 18 2007, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jun 18 2007, 11:29 AM)

I hope they come to Biloxi, New Orleans, Pensacola... somewhere on the Gulf Coast, Please Rush!!!

They need to include on the proposed 2008 schedule the city where rock and roll was really born - Tupelo, Mississippi (the birthplace of Elvis Presley). We have a 10,000-seat coliseum that's cozy enough for the guys to feel at home.

Tupelo was good enough for the following folks to perform here - the Eagles (twice), Elton John, Van Halen, Kiss, Bob Dylan (twice), Aerosmith (twice), Robert Plant & Jimmy Page, Rod Stewart, Bill Cosby and every major country music act, with the exception of Garth and Shania. Heck, Reba McEntire rented Tupelo's coliseum for a week to practice for a tour.

I know it's doubtful they'll visit Tupelo, but one can't help but dream ...

If they won't visit Tupelo, then I hope they'll add Memphis to the schedule. Maybe they can play the Mid-South Coliseum - where I saw them in '81 and '82 - for old time's sake. LOL

I heard they will be playing Branson Missouri. They are going to kick Dolly out of the "Dixie Stampede", put in the green lasers, and blow that city up. 2.gif P.S. The golden oldies will come to see, "finding my way".

Lots of bands do a fall tour followed up with a short break for Christmas and a return to do a Summer tour. For example 2 years ago Nine Inch Nails came through Toronto 3 times. The beginning of the year they came and did a small club show, then in Fall they were back and played the ACC, then they did a Summer Tour and played at the Amphitheatre. I think Rush are doing the same thing. I highly doubt that this is a farewell tour seeing as they have said they are writing new material on the road for this tour.

If you've read eariler posts, those made back in June, it's likeley that the second leg will be billed as "Snakes and Arrows 2008 world tour".

But I don't think so. We have seen double leg tours in the past, where the first leg was billed with the name of the album, the second leg billed with something else. Most notably was the 2112 tour followed by the "All the world's a stage tour" both premoting 2112.

I think we might see something simular here as well. I have stated in another thread that if Rush releases another live album for this tour it will come on the second leg. Therfore I think the second leg will be billed as whatever that live album will be called "Title of live album, tour"

Archived