Saw III

rickyrob

Now I thought Saw I and II were gross, but this was just

062802puke_prv.gif

I don't mean a bad movie, I enjoyed it even more than I and II, but has anyone seen this and actually managed to watch all of it WITHOUT turning away or covering your ears (or both)?

I was eating pork scratchings on THAT scene!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

Don't think I'll eat bacon again scared.gif

Edited by rickyrob

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jun 16 2007, 12:41 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif

I don't mean a bad movie, I enjoyed it even more than I and II, but has anyone seen this and actually managed to watch all of it WITHOUT turning away or covering your ears (or both)?

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 16 2007, 02:22 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif

I was eating pork scratchings on THAT scene!!!  062802puke_prv.gif

ohmy.gif

Have you seen it Mrs R? scared.gif

I broke into a cold sweat

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 16 2007, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ Jun 16 2007, 07:39 AM)
i liked one alot, 2 was ok, but 3 was just bad...  boo

I agree.

I quite liked it - except for it being one of the more gorey films I've watched.

I like the underlying storyline of all three and the way they are linked together, with twists in the tale at various points.

But whoever thought of these 'tortures' must be unstable 062802puke_prv.gif

again wacko.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jun 17 2007, 12:29 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jun 16 2007, 04:23 PM)
QUOTE (Part 4 of a Trilogy @ Jun 16 2007, 07:39 AM)
i liked one alot, 2 was ok, but 3 was just bad...  boo

I agree.

I quite liked it - except for it being one of the more gorey films I've watched.

I like the underlying storyline of all three and the way they are linked together, with twists in the tale at various points.

But whoever thought of these 'tortures' must be unstable 062802puke_prv.gif

again wacko.gif

I thought part 1 was good while part 2 and 3 were ok at best. Although I did like part 3 slightly more than the 2nd.

The death/gore scenes in parts 2 and 3 seemed like they were concocted by my friends and I (while we were sitting around bored out of our minds) when we were in Junior or Senior High School. And that's NOT a compliment.

Saw 3 rocked!! 1022.gif way better than 1 & 2

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jun 16 2007, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 16 2007, 02:22 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif

I was eating pork scratchings on THAT scene!!!  062802puke_prv.gif

ohmy.gif

Have you seen it Mrs R? scared.gif

I broke into a cold sweat

ph34r.gif

not yet, but it's got to be way better than Hostel

That was disappointing as heck that one.

The first 2 saws were classics to me. This one was terrible. The acting was just bad...the story had nothing on the first two..and the twist? complete shit.

This movie is still better then both hostels...but it doesnt have the compelling character driven story as the first 2 have (mainly first one) This one just seems like a mindless gorefest.

My friend said she saw it on an Air Canada flight from Toronto to Edmonton.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jun 16 2007, 06:41 AM)

062802puke_prv.gif

I'm not disturbed by that kinda stuff. Saw 3 was not that good. The first was the best.

I loved the movie because it delivered just what one expects - lots of gore. And it was one of the gorier new movies I've seen in a long while.

I am royally tired of the countless other franchises that have risen up as torture clone gore and never deliver jack squat. They advertise as the goriest most brutal shocking film of our generation - then they just totally suck.

Total letdowns include:

HOSTEL

THE DEVILS REJECTS

TURISTAS

etc

^ ^ ^ I definitely agree. Turistas, Hostel AND Devil's Rejects all sucked... although I didn't have any hope for Hostel or DR (especially after seeing House of 1000 Corpses)... but when I started watching the cool hop hop montage intro of Turistas, I actually got excited... but it went downhill almost immediatly.

I thought the first Hostel was...OK...but the second one was a bit lame. The first one at least had a decent amount of suspense - but Hostel II was just a typical gore-fest. I dont mind gore at all. Horror movies can be as bloody as they want, which is cool, BUT - I enjoy horror movies MORE when they are able to not only freak you out VISUALLY, but also psychologically - which is why I enjoy the SAW franchise so much. I'm more about movies like SAW, Se7en, Jacob's Ladder, Dead Silence, ect.

Devil's Rejects, I thought was good - but I personally wouldn't classify THAT movie as "horror". It was more of a suspense film, IMO.

I will say this...**SPOILER BELOW***

The only part in ANY of the three SAW films that REALLY made me almost look away from the screen, was in Saw II, when Amanda was thrown into the pit of needles...Eeeeeehhhuuuugggg!!! ohmy.gif ph34r.gif Just the thought of hundreds of syringes sticking into you...just... 062802puke_prv.gif

GREAT scene, though, haha new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jul 6 2007, 01:29 PM)
The only part in ANY of the three SAW films that REALLY made me almost look away from the screen, was in Saw II, when Amanda was thrown into the pit of needles...Eeeeeehhhuuuugggg!!! ohmy.gif ph34r.gif Just the thought of hundreds of syringes sticking into you...just... 062802puke_prv.gif

GREAT scene, though, haha new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That's funny - that scene gets SOOOO many people.

Needles bother me too - but not so much that scene.

Half of Pulp Fiction or Trainspotting I found way worse needle-wise.

trink39.gif