'Charlie And The Chocolate Factory' *UPDATED!*

Jack Aubrey

Kind of kooky, but in a good way. Lots of classic Tim Burton touches. Depp looks like he was born to play Willy Wonka. I think he will be a worthy successor to the great Gene Wilder.

Larger and better quality trailer now available here: 'Charlie And The Chocolate Factory'

Edited by Jack Aubrey

I just saw a Preview of this movie

OMG Johnny Depp looks soo creepy as Willy Wonka bolt.gif

I dont think im gonna like this remake at all unsure.gif

Edited:

YEs Indy forgot to sign out of his name once again

Grrrr mad.gif wacko.gif

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ May 17 2005, 11:03 PM)
I just saw a Preview of this movie
OMG Johnny Depp looks soo creepy as Willy Wonka bolt.gif
I dont think im gonna like this remake at all unsure.gif

Edited:
YEs Indy forgot to sign out of his name once again
Grrrr mad.gif wacko.gif

laugh.gif

good job...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Dec 9 2004, 10:27 PM)
Unless you can sync 2112 with it, then I won't be seeing it.

we should do that sometime, i havent done that yet, DSOTM and Wizard of Oz is cool

ok ..so from what i heard

Johnny Depp isnt playin Willy Wonka..but hes playin Charlie All grown up and running the factory ..I guess kinda like continuing from the end of the 1st flick..

At least thats what my patient told me.

I only read the 1st book but apparently theres a part 2 to the book and this is where this movie comes in.

Still dont think ill go and see it,MAYBE watch it when it comes on Dvd and if someone else springs for the rental laugh.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ May 31 2005, 12:24 PM)
I only read the 1st book but apparently theres a part 2 to the book and this is where this movie comes in.

i know there's a sequel to the first called "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator", which i read because my grandparents had it when i was little..it's a really cute book, but Charlie isn't grown up yet. it really just picks up exactly where the first book left off, when they've piled the grandparents into the elevator! laugh.gif it's really good, if you haven't read it, you definitely should. smile.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 31 2005, 12:42 PM)
I'm curious about this movie, but I am wondering how appropriate it will be for little ones. Any word on that?

I'm curious too...and also...I saw a preview for this before ROTS, and Johnny Depp was FREAKING me out. He looks...WEIRD.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 31 2005, 04:18 PM)
I'm curious too...and also...I saw a preview for this before ROTS, and Johnny Depp was FREAKING me out. He looks...WEIRD.

the previews at the movies scare me..but the actual commercials make it look really cute.

it's almost like..

movie previews = Tim Burton

commercial previews = Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

i still wanna see it..it looks adorable!

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ May 31 2005, 12:24 PM)
ok ..so from what i heard
Johnny Depp isnt playin Willy Wonka..but hes playin Charlie All grown up and running the factory ..I guess kinda like continuing from the end of the 1st flick..
At least thats what my patient told me.
Still dont think ill go and see it,MAYBE watch it when it comes on Dvd and if someone else springs for the rental  laugh.gif

Hmm, just watched the preview and it seems pretty clear Johnny Depp is playing Willy Wonka rather than a grown-up Charlie.

I adore Gene Wilder in that role, but Depp may be able to pull it off just as well. Burton's style is there in abundance and seems to work really with the story/setting so I'm cautiously optimistic that this'll be a good film.