Fretless Bass

WCFIELDS

QUOTE (Room 34 @ May 10 2007, 07:02 PM)
That would be sweet! I expect a 10-minute jam on MalNar!!!! 1022.gif Actually... that song seems like the most likely choice to lead into the drum solo.

Yeah a huge jam with the fretless would rule.....it's very possible.

We need to see Ged go nuts on that thing.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ May 11 2007, 01:24 AM)
I think so. I wonder what kind it is.

According to an an interview I heard with Geddy, he said Fender sent it over to him during the recording of S&A...

QUOTE (Room 34 @ May 10 2007, 08:02 PM)
That would be sweet! I expect a 10-minute jam on MalNar!!!! 1022.gif Actually... that song seems like the most likely choice to lead into the drum solo.

An extended jam on Malnar would be amazing. Didn't I read somewhere that the recorded version is only 1/3 of what they actually laid down? That would put Malnar clocking in around 6:30 with the "full" version. That would be killer! Sure hope he does pull out the fretless!

QUOTE (Room 34 @ May 10 2007, 06:02 PM)

ya, fretless bass on MalNar..........extended Jam! , Drumsolo, Acoustic Resist, followed by TMMB

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 11 2007, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (Room 34 @ May 10 2007, 08:02 PM)

An extended jam on Malnar would be amazing. Didn't I read somewhere that the recorded version is only 1/3 of what they actually laid down? That would put Malnar clocking in around 6:30 with the "full" version. That would be killer! Sure hope he does pull out the fretless!

maybe they're saving the full version for the special one coming out in June!

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 11 2007, 12:43 PM)
What would be more impressive is if Peart played along on a 4 piece set!!

NeilFinal.gif

NO shit!

Oh man!!

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 11 2007, 01:36 PM)
Didn't I read somewhere that the recorded version is only 1/3 of what they actually laid down?

no, that was TMMB

I think If Ged does use a fretless it will probably be the same as his normal fender, just without frets.

But man that would be sweet if they play MalNar live followed by

"Le Tambour" Neils new drum solo.

(Le Tambour is just French for "The Drummer" I don't know if that is actually the drum solo, or if there is even a solo)

But there better be. I need to hear one live or I'll cry.

Through our friend Ed in Rushisaband.com there's a scan of an article in Guitar World's Bass Guitar Magazine that's a pretty interesting interview with Geddy. He mentions in it that Fender made him a fretted version of the Jaco Pastorious Fretless bass, and will be taking both of the Jaco basses he got on tour. So it's gonna be interesting to see which one he whips out for MalNar. GeddyFinal.gif

Whichever one he uses, I'll be very pleased to hear that tune live.

2.gif 2.gif

Archived