24 hours and counting!

Godeater2112

QUOTE (Disco @ Apr 30 2007, 02:22 PM)
Yeah, many congrats...so this album may well be one of those soundtrack-to-life albums, always tasking you back to this week.

Disco

Thanks! I'd never thought of that. I guess this could mean more than just another album for me!

QUOTE (Margana @ Apr 30 2007, 04:36 PM)
Mine has been dispatched in the post - expect it to arrive tomorrow.
May come home at lunch time and have a listen.

Nice to be able to leave work like that!

I am the same way. My work knows me well enough that if the office was on fire and I said "Folks - I have to run out on a Rush errand" nobody would even think of saying something.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 30 2007, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (Disco @ Apr 30 2007, 09:57 AM)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/478481577_362b2f1bed.jpg

Ahhh so that's you Disco is it? You don't look very disco mate I must say...where's your travoltan trousers...??

laugh.gif

is that some kind of ointment on the couch?

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 30 2007, 10:40 AM)
Funny story for those of you that have the album release impacted by school...

Years back I'm in university - ROLL THE BONES is released on the day I have an 11 o'clock calculus exam *shudder*.

I find a record store near my place that opens at 9:30... so the plan is to pick up Roll the Bones and listen to it on the bus ride top school for my exam.

So I'm standing out side the record store... 9:30 arrives - there are staff members inside but not opening yet. I patiently wait til about 9:40 and they are still not open so I start (gently at first) knocking on the plate glass window trying to get their attention wondering why they aren't open - but nobody even looks at me to acknowledge they can even hear my knocking.

I start to get pretty cheesed off - usually I wouldn't be so impatient but I am running a tight sked trying to get to an exam on time... I start knocking more loudly pointing at their sign and saying "YOUR SIGN SAYS YOU OPEN A HALF HOUR AGO! WHATS THE STORY?!"

Anyways 10am passes and the dorks inside are still stocking shelves and stuff but still haven't opened up. I am on the verge of giving up when a cop car screeches to a halt behind me...

Long story short I'm in the back of a frigging squad car with the police giving me a bit more sass than they really have to - as I try and explain my situation and wondering why exactly the staff of the store called the cops on me in the first place.

I managed to talk my way out of it, find another store near by that was open and sold me the CD, listened to the CD for the first time on the bus ride and *barely* made it to my exam on time. If I recall correctly I flunked that exam with flying colors but damn was I ever happy to have my hands on the latest Rush album!

Just another memorable Rush release day for me - I imagine tomorrow can only go more smoothly. LOL

2.gif

Rest in Peace RECORDS ON WHEELS Bank Street Ottawa! I'm one of many people I'm sure that knows why you've long been out of business you dirty pricks!

Hilarious story! Well after school tommarow im going to Best Buy and getting my copy. They better have it or im gonna shit myself cause thats pretty much my only chance to get it.

I think I"m going to wait 'til the weekend just to test my patience. Plus, Once the cellophane is tore off, the excitement is just a memory.

Can anyone else wait 'til Friday??

I picked up enough bourbon to get me through the first few listens....

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~micm66/mainpic3.JPG

QUOTE (the_masked_drummer @ Apr 30 2007, 06:44 PM)
I think I"m going to wait 'til the weekend just to test my patience. Plus, Once the cellophane is tore off, the excitement is just a memory.
Can anyone else wait 'til Friday??

I picked up enough bourbon to get me through the first few listens....

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~micm66/mainpic3.JPG

rofl3.gif

...just for you Tree, here's a more Discofied version of yesterday's picture...just dig the embroidery on the trousers, tracing out the shape of a dragon, ready to be picked out by the disco lights!! Yeah baby!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/230/479747686_6e0c090b04.jpg

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 1 2007, 07:25 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 30 2007, 03:56 PM)
9 hours 3 minutes

Wish I lived where you did bro. I still have another 16 hours 35 minutes.

*twitches*

I wonder which time zone out there has to wait the LONGEST to get it?

laugh.gif Certainly not us here in Australia for it has been May 1 for 20 hours now HAPPY RUSHMAS to everyone. 2.gif I have heard about 5 of the tracks all the way through and I am loving it so far. I can't wait for my copy to arrive in the post now. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

BTW laugh.gif rofl3.gif biggrin.gif Disco you look really groovy, especially the pic of you under that mirrorball laugh.gif trink39.gif

ONE HOUR to go!

I know I won't be able to properly BLARE it at the office - maybe I'll hang out in the store parking lot for an hour and listen to it in the Jeep instead.

Oh the sweet horrific anticipation of it all! I feel like a deer in headlights! I know how that rabbit feels!

*explodes*

QUOTE (Disco @ May 1 2007, 06:24 AM)
...just for you Tree, here's a more Discofied version of yesterday's picture...just dig the embroidery on the trousers, tracing out the shape of a dragon, ready to be picked out by the disco lights!! Yeah baby!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/230/479747686_6e0c090b04.jpg

That's better!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif cool10.gif 653.gif laugh.gif common001.gif bekloppt.gif cheer.gif

Archived