To Wait or Not to Wait?

The Owl

Did you Cave?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Did you Cave?

• Yes, the wait for May 1 was too long, and my soul was weak.
    • No, I will uphold my convictions and wait for May 1. I must be strong...

I gave in - eh.gif

I always buy 2 copies - One for the home and one for the car and i have the dvd combo reserved - The only reason i got if off torrent was because i have stupid windows vista which will not allow me to take the music from a PURCHASED cd and put it on my IPOD - Microsoft sucks - In my opinion they encourage piracy with Windows Vista not discourage it -

So i figure i'm paying about $40.00 for the dvd and 2 cd's plus 110.00 8th row ticket, i don't feel guilty at all getting it off torrent for my Ipod - no.gif

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Apr 22 2007, 01:42 AM)
I gave in - eh.gif

I always buy 2 copies - One for the home and one for the car and i have the dvd combo reserved - The only reason i got if off torrent was because i have stupid windows vista which will not allow me to take the music from a PURCHASED cd and put it on my IPOD - Microsoft sucks - In my opinion they encourage piracy with Windows Vista not discourage it -

So i figure i'm paying about $40.00 for the dvd and 2 cd's plus 110.00 8th row ticket, i don't feel guilty at all getting it off torrent for my Ipod - no.gif

iPods only work on iTunes. Windows Media will not work with an iPod. That was the same as on windows XP.

I knew that if it ever leaked, I would give in. I didn't want it to leak, because I *wanted* to wait. I knew that if it was there, I'd spring for it.

Sure enough, within 20 minutes of seeing that it had leaked, I was listening to it.

Here is why to wait.

Think about it It's Christmas Time. Just 2 weeks before the big day, all of your presents are under the tree, tempting you.

Do you unwrap them on Dec 19th?

I wouldn't to have nothing to unwrap on christmas.

Thats why I'm waiting.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 22 2007, 12:14 AM)
Here is why to wait.

Think about it It's Christmas Time. Just 2 weeks before the big day, all of your presents are under the tree, tempting you.

Do you unwrap them on Dec 19th?
I wouldn't to have nothing to unwrap on christmas.

Thats why I'm waiting.

I always would go looking for my presents, eventually finding them, knowing what I was going to get, and then still act suprise Christmas morn.

So...I caved. bolt.gif I can't wait any longer.

What would Geddy say if he Knew that you people download their album free from internet? angry.gif

And i just realized that may 1st is goddamn Vappu!!! I can't buy it untill May 2nd! beathorse.gif

Yes, I caved. But after purchasing tix for opening night, pre-ordering the DVD...and counting down the minutes til the album is on sale May 1 (when I will ALSO purchase the standard CD version), I manage to feel no guilt or shame. I have a "preview" copy right now, that's how I look at it.

I'm not profiting from it or using it to supplant paying the band for their work.

trink39.gif

I won't be waiting until May 1st, but it's not my fault...I won the album... blush4.gif

But...I promise to keep my thoughts to myself until everybody gets it and we all can speak about it freely! yes.gif

I have no problems with downloading. I don't even care about having the CD for more than a day. Once it's in my computer, I'll give it to my friend, who already has possession of my entire 2.gif collection. So it's basically about that release day experience. I don't do nostalgia much, but one thing from the old days that I really liked was going to the record store and finding the FEW other 2.gif fans in my area and talking about 2.gif Even that part won't happen anymore, but I still like the release day atmosphere. Ripping it open and smelling the fresh UV coating (though not as strong as it was on album covers).

So unless CeeJ gets her attempts at downloading to work, I probably won't hear it until release day. I'm fine with that. yes.gif

QUOTE (nebbish @ Apr 22 2007, 03:22 AM)
I didn't wait...and I don't regret it  smile.gif

Same here.

In fact, after hearing it - I'm even more excited to buy the album on May 1st laugh.gif smile.gif

I'd feel so guilty if I downloaded it that I wouldn't be able to enjoy listening to it. My first listening experience would feel tainted. And I bet the leak is really pissing off the guys in Rush. I don't want to be part of that. So call me old-fashioned, but I'm heading to my local record store to buy it on release day.

Archived