Do They Smoke Bud?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do They Smoke Bud?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 11 2007, 09:53 PM)
They must burn one down once in awhile......What do ya think?

After listening to Passage to Bangkok, I think the answer is obvious. No.

wink.gif

cool10.gif

Oh, and I almost forgot Alex's rant at one point on the VT tour. He was talking about quitting smoking: "I tried to quit smoking the other day .. ohhh .. I love to smoke .. I tried to cut the filters off and puff away. I even split the cigarette in half so I can smoke two at a time . . ohhh .. I like that. I tried smoking other things ... I tried smoking my socks and shoes .. that didn't taste good .. and then someone gave me this other stuff (acts dizzy, laughs from Ged and Neil), wow ... that was great ... and now I am never going to try to quit smoking again ...." Source: http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/VTnews.htm (I have a boot with a slightly different one, but the idea's the same and this is the only transcript I could find).

A buddy of mine who worked security at one of their shows on the TFE tour.....saw Neil outside after the show tokin' behind a dumpster.....not sure if Ged and Alex do or not.....

My opinion: they used to, but nowadays they either abstain completely or do it very very infrequently.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 12 2007, 07:44 AM)
My opinion: they used to, but nowadays they either abstain completely or do it very very infrequently.

I think you're probably right......

One listen to CoS ought to clarify things a bit. No one could have made a record like that being straight.

Neil has made a few subtle references in his books and other articles he's written.

I thought I'd read a quote from Geddy once who said that most other bands were all about sex, drugs, and rock'n roll, where as Rush were about books, drugs and rock'n roll.

I heard they quit right around moving pictures era, but maybe that's the white stuff adn other heavier drugs. They all three appear bright-eyed and bushy-tailed on the MP studio footage, imho...

Good thing they didn't have drug testing back when they started. All the major labels conduct drug-testing prior to signing the artists now, or so I've heard.

QUOTE (Finbar @ Apr 12 2007, 08:03 AM)
http://www.progreviews.com/reviews/images/Rush-CoS.jpg

goodpost.gif I concur/relate with that

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 11 2007, 10:47 PM)
A buddy of mine who worked security at one of their shows on the TFE tour.....saw Neil outside after the show tokin' behind a dumpster.....not sure if Ged and Alex do or not.....

Your friend is full of shit...Neil behind a dumpster---sure he was.

QUOTE (lerkst @ Apr 12 2007, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 11 2007, 10:47 PM)

Your friend is full of shit...Neil behind a dumpster---sure he was.

standing behind a garbage disposal bin......that better?

I can't find the picture now, but it was around the time that The Big Dirty Band collaboration was happening. There was a pic of Alex and Geddy hanging with Jeff Burrows and some others, and lets just say it sure looked like Al had a wicked bout of hayfever. If anyone knows the pic I am referring to, maybe they can post it

Damn, I'd like to see that......

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 12 2007, 08:44 AM)

I agree as well. I think they did in the early days.

Xanadu has always given me that feeling about their early stuff.

Neil is the first to leave a show on his private tour bus with his driver and a security guard. If he wants to light up, he doesn't need to go behind a dumpster to do it.

I think it's safe to say that there may be some limited employment of the evil leaf from time to time, but do they sit around getting stoned anymore? Nah.

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Apr 13 2007, 08:15 AM)
Neil is the first to leave a show on his private tour bus with his driver and a security guard. If he wants to light up, he doesn't need to go behind a dumpster to do it.

I think it's safe to say that there may be some limited employment of the evil leaf from time to time, but do they sit around getting stoned anymore? Nah.

He was standing behind a garbage disposal bin tokin'.......take it for what it's worth......I've heard this from 2 seperate people that were there, that saw him.

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Apr 13 2007, 08:15 AM)

Perhaps his driver and/or security guard are annoyed by the smell? Or just don't wanna breathe marajuana smoke in an enclosed space while driving/guarding?

Archived