This is absurd

OldRod

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I kept trying... got 3rd row, slightly right of center. Best seats I've ever had for any concert, Rush or otherwise!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

There's still got to be a better way, but keep trying!! smile.gif

653.gif

There is a better way

Open 3 differant browsers and just keep clicking continue on all three then once you get tickets for one, hold them and open a new browser.

Always have 3 browsers going(by going I mean clicking continue over and over again). Don't hold the tickets for over 5 minutes. It will boot you like it did me.(I ended up getting the EXACT seats back)

I don't think it was a lottery. I was looking for tickets for the detroit show and was wondering if i could get good tix for Chicago. So I pulled up the atomic clock.

www.time.gov

and while looking for detroit tix, I emptyed my basket of bad seats for detroit and clicked on the chicago sep 8th show just as it turned to 10 am central(11 am for me in Michigan). I must have had PERFECT timing becuase the FIRST TRY tix that pop up are

Sec 102 row C seat 5

Sec 102 row C seat 6

I can't tell you that for a fact that it isn't a lottery, but I have been practicing all week with ticketbastard and other presales for bands I have no interest in going to, and it just pushes me back further as time goes on past the on on sale time.

Nice building I heard.....that Excel Energy Center.

Good luck everybody!

In an age when local radio stations are giving away tickets before even a presale, ticket brokers have seats days before official dates are announced and the regular fan has little chance in a presale or regular sale to get any decent tickets it would seem we need a change. Todays ticket prices for anyone are expensive and it is definitely not good that fans like us have no real shot at even good seats. Do what I do....write your congressman, senators and the White House weekly and demand action. I have been doing this for years (not just this issue but bigger world ones) and if more people did it you would see action. Nothing scares a politician more than people who vote and tell them they will not vote for them again in large numbers.

With that said I am fortunate enough to be able to pay the ticket brokers service fees and that is what I do because once you sit close you can never go back. I hate feeding the machine while railing against it but I have to work with the current hand dealt me.

"That's Doctor Evil. I did not go to evil medical school to be called mister"

Dr. Evil

QUOTE (krlowe @ Apr 10 2007, 10:36 AM)
I don't think it was a lottery. I was looking for tickets for the detroit show and was wondering if i could get good tix for Chicago. So I pulled up the atomic clock.

www.time.gov

and while looking for detroit tix, I emptyed my basket of bad seats for detroit and clicked on the chicago sep 8th show just as it turned to 10 am central(11 am for me in Michigan). I must have had PERFECT timing becuase the FIRST TRY tix that pop up are

Sec 102 row C seat 5
Sec 102 row C seat 6

I can't tell you that for a fact that it isn't a lottery, but I have been practicing all week with ticketbastard and other presales for bands I have no interest in going to, and it just pushes me back further as time goes on past the on on sale time.

Right, its not a lottery but in my estimation it should be called one.

I truly wish everyone the best of luck but gotta say my attempt was worse than a disaster for me.

I found out the hard way that repeated attempts to score good seats can result in being blocked from ticketmasturbator website for 24 hours. I tried so hard during the presales that I got blocked a half hour into the real sale!

doh.gif

Yeah, The last presale it was 50 min after and I got 12 row center for Cuyahoga Falls. It probably is a lottery.

Which means nobody should give up!!

Open 3 differant windows under 3 differant e-mails. Just go from window to window just clicking continue. Eventually you will get into a grove and it will be second nature. Tix will pop up. Maybe some good ones.

You got to have a game plan going into this. Sad as that is.....

QUOTE (limbo @ Apr 10 2007, 10:33 AM)
what veneu did you get i just got floor r row 18 seats 9-10 653.gif

Kansas City - Row A (row 3 actually), Section 3 (3 & 4 are dead center in front of the stage), seats 17,18. So I'm 17 seats to the right of dead center, 3rd row back. I am stoked! smile.gif

QUOTE (OldRod @ Apr 10 2007, 10:47 AM)

Kansas City - Row A (row 3 actually), Section 3 (3 & 4 are dead center in front of the stage), seats 17,18. So I'm 17 seats to the right of dead center, 3rd row back. I am stoked! smile.gif

Major score!

Enjoy.

QUOTE (OldRod @ Apr 10 2007, 10:47 AM)

Wow. Cool! biggrin.gif I bet you nearly wet yourself!

QUOTE (krlowe @ Apr 10 2007, 10:53 AM)

Wow. Cool! biggrin.gif I bet you nearly wet yourself!

LOL, yeah! I was looking at the seating chart, then back at the screen, making sure I was reading it right. Did that 3 or 4 times just to make sure smile.gif

I did the same thing w/ chicago, and the last time w/ Cuyahoga Falls.

I just keep comparing the chart and reciept in awe and shock. Making sure I didn't buy lawn seats thinking their 12 row center, or 3rd row! lol rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Apr 10 2007, 11:03 AM)
Just got 21st row for Chicago at 11 a.m. Not great but better than the 50th row seats I was offered at 10:01.

Logic? We don't need no stinkin' logic!

lol laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Apr 10 2007, 11:03 AM)
Just got 21st row for Chicago at 11 a.m. Not great but better than the 50th row seats I was offered at 10:01.

Logic? We don't need no stinkin' logic!

good for you..glad you kept at it!!

Archived