2007 - 07/20 - Seattle, WA - White River Ampitheatre

July 20th, 2007:

White River Ampitheatre

Auburn, WA 98092

MAP TO VENUE

VENUE SEATING CHART

-------------------------------------------

I'm going to the Seattle Show on July 20th at White River Amphitheatre

with 2-4 friends and cutting class for pre-sales tomorrow. It will be our first Rush Show and my first concert.

Anyone else?

for any of that stuff

I didn't really ask a question

I've been listening to Far Cry on repeat for the past hour

1022.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll either be at the White River show or the Clark Co. show. Saw R30 at the White River venue and can't say I cared for it that much, felt like you were in a cave... biggrin.gif

Having said that I am trying to sweet talk the wife to see if we can catch both shows. common001.gif

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

I have a friend up in Seattle. He wants me to fly up and go to the show with him. I might do it. As some of you have read I was looking forward to The Gorge instead.

How is White River??? Is it just as cool as The Gorge??

Thanks!

Hey Shine!

I feel your pain!

My buddy who lives up that way is only 90 minutes away from Vancouver. He wanted me to fly in and then we would drive up to Canada for the show. Seems unlikely as Calgary is their priority.

Rush is at White Water whether rain or "Shine!" biggrin.gif

Make the journey!!!!

Earl

Moving from Los Angeles to nearby Spokane, Wa. in May. I'm not sure if driving 4hours to get to Seattle is what I want to do but, for Rush, I just might.

What's Whitewater like? I've been to the Hollywood Bowl [ R3o show] is decent like the (bigger) Bowl sound wise or just white noise?

Rain or shine? Could be a nice way to be introduced to my new surroundings laugh.gif

My boss is going to get box seat tickets for the show at White River. She said she did for R30 and the experience was awesome. She lives in Enumclaw so it's a short trip for her to the venue.

White River Amphitheater is just southeast of Auburn, so it's separated from Seattle and Tacoma a little. The amphitheater is in a huge field surrounded by forest. I have never actually seen a concert there, but I've passed by the venue a couple of times. It looks decent. Sadly, since this is mostly farm and ranch country just outside of the Muckleshoot Indian Reservation, the roads in and out of there are only two way roads with suicide lanes in some areas, so traffic for a concert is horrible. Use public transit, shuttle, or a taxi if you can.

There's not much forest on the east side of the Cascades, where The Gorge at George Amphitheater is (George, Washington; get it?), so White River is not much like The Gorge at all. Maybe the trees at White River limit any echo or other accoustic effects.

Also, summer in the Puget Sound region is usually dry, so we probably shouldn't be rained on. Famous last words as the Megadeth-led concert there in June '05 got rained on; I seem to recall it turned into a minor mud fest. My boss said it started to rain after the R30 concert, which was the end of July.

I saw the R30 show at the White River, and I found it to be very good sound, but I was also very close.

A good friend of mine sat about 3/4 of the way back, and he said it sounded like he was listening to the show in a cave.

I've seen them 2 times at the Gorge, and really prefer it to White River, but I only live about 15 minutes from the White River, and the Gorge is clear the hell across the state! However, I'd drive there in a heartbeat!

Another real bummer about White River is the access to it...what a nightmare! Single lane roads in and out...YUCK!!! I'd either come REAL early, or shuttle to it from the Supermall in Auburn...

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (shine @ Mar 27 2007, 10:40 AM)
I got mine! Sec. 105, row 12, seats 3and4!!! Much better than R30.

Shine...you are not going to believe this!!

I am...

Sec 105 Row 12 Seats 9 and 10

Wow...that's unreal!

I can't wait! This date is perfect, seeing as I'll be out of town the 2 weeks before and the week after. I'm so lucky! It'll be my first RUSH concert! I'm so psyched! 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Hey, all. I've been to both PNW venues the last two tours, and made the Gorge for T4E. I plan to make both shows again, with the usual suspects. A buddy works for the reservation, so he's working on tix. I'll let you know if/when it works out so we can join any pre-function. Last tour we made the trip in a Deadhead bus, which was great.

Only 4 months away!

QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Mar 27 2007, 12:44 PM)

I am...

Wow...that's unreal!

I'm in sec 105 too!!! Can't remember what row, though. We should be on Alex's side, right? Has anyone sat in that section before that could comment on the view?

As far as White River goes, IMO, it's not the best. There are farms surrounding it, and during R30, there was a powerful smell of manure drifting through. I much prefer the Gorge, but I'm not complaiing! I get to see my all-time favorite band again!

QUOTE (Barchetta82 @ Mar 29 2007, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Mar 27 2007, 12:44 PM)

I am...

Wow...that's unreal!

I'm in sec 105 too!!! Can't remember what row, though. We should be on Alex's side, right? Has anyone sat in that section before that could comment on the view?

As far as White River goes, IMO, it's not the best. There are farms surrounding it, and during R30, there was a powerful smell of manure drifting through. I much prefer the Gorge, but I'm not complaiing! I get to see my all-time favorite band again!

Yup...we're on the side with Alex!

Last time I saw them there, I was in the 2nd row, so I never got back to look, but we won't have any issues seeing them...it's close enough! I wanted to sit back a bit this time to see everything!

As time gets closer, we'll see where we can meet up! I'll have my 12 year old daughter with me, so I won't be able to go to some bar, but anything else would be just fine! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (I Get High On You @ Mar 27 2007, 10:23 PM)
I can't wait! This date is perfect, seeing as I'll be out of town the 2 weeks before and the week after. I'm so lucky! It'll be my first RUSH concert! I'm so psyched! 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Wow...you're first Rush concert!

You'll never forget it! We'll try to get everyone together before and shake hands!

2.gif

i am buying tickets sat.10.00am,im hoping to get good seats.im coming from B.C in the okanagan valley,7-8 hour drive.im not very impressed they are not coming to vancouver this time.they missed vancouver on the last tour R30.

o well it will be a nice road trip.

I'm trying to hit the Seattle show but I'd have to fly in from waaay up in the tip of Michigan because I vacation there every summer!

It'll be worth the effort though, I sure hope. biggrin.gif

Hopefully I'll see you guys there. 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Retrospective @ Mar 31 2007, 07:03 AM)
I'm trying to hit the Seattle show but I'd have to fly in from waaay up in the tip of Michigan because I vacation there every summer!

It'll be worth the effort though, I sure hope. biggrin.gif

Hopefully I'll see you guys there. 2.gif trink39.gif

I hope we do too! Fly safe!

2.gif 2.gif

Archived