2007 - 06/23 - Bristow, VA - Nissan Pavilian

My pals are bringing Coor's Light and hot dogs. I might bring some ready-to-grill ka-bob's or something like that, some burgers too. Haven't decided which choice beverage I'll bring. I'm more a red wine guy. Yellow Tail Cabernet or Shiraz goes great with grilling. I'll probably bring a six-pack or two of some quality ale for sharing as well. smile.gif

Determining meet-up time at this shopping center is next.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 10 2007, 02:33 PM)
Can anbody bring a lightweight but sturdy table for condiments, plates, etc. ?

Done.

It's a 34" x 34", roughly 3 foot square, fold-up table that should serve our purpose just fine.

Hey All,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get with this program!

I will be attending the concert, and I'm definitely up for getting together. If I can't meet you all in the Giant parking lot, I'll find you at the Pavillion.

Let me know if I can bring anything.

Chris

QUOTE (R30Chris @ Jun 11 2007, 09:38 AM)
Hey All,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get with this program!

I will be attending the concert, and I'm definitely up for getting together. If I can't meet you all in the Giant parking lot, I'll find you at the Pavillion.

Let me know if I can bring anything.

Chris

Chris,

you're in, no problem. And the Giant parking lot we are talking about will be right on the way if you are taking I-66 (which is most likely.) If you want in, we will make it happen. Bring a guitar (or whatever you may play) so you can join in the music too!

Bring some beer to share, or whatever beverage you like. trink39.gif

More to follow later tonight. I'm calling Nissan now to get a gate time.

2.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 7 2007, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (Ffej Sector A @ Jun 7 2007, 10:57 AM)
Nice!  I'll be bringing some Troegs Sunshine Pilsner from Harrisburg, PA for those who like craft beer.  It will be perfect for a nice summer day!  I might bring a few other selections, depending on my mood that day.  Of course, I'm sure I'll be in a good mood since I will be going to a Rush concert!!!!  Man, I can't wait!  It's been almost three years since the R30 tour!

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

Very good. I probably won't have anything as rare. I will most likely have an assortment of Labatts and Molson Canadien and Yuengling...or something along those lines, good for a typically steamy day in June.

Perhaps it is also a good idea to bring extra food for others to sample. I'm bringing some roasted corn to share, and perhaps some sausages from the grill. I will also have the normal condiments and a few extra plastic cups (very important for those who wish to imbibe.)

I'll also have two grills, one large and one small, for anyone who needs some heat. And two sets of tongs for anybody willing to flip while I join in the jam for a song or two.

Any other ideas are welcome as well.

Wow. Molson and Yuengling are my favorites. Can't wait.

I just don't want to party too much and have to miss any of the show for potty breaks.

For special occasions such as this, I go to 'Total Wine' and pick out a variety of single beers from around the world.

Anyway, I'm all up for meeting at the Giant.

And for those going,

I am Alan. I'll be coming up from the Richmond area. I will be meeting up with a co-worker Don. My college buddy Adrian and his girlfriend (Janet) will be meeting up as well. The four of us will be sitting together. I think we're in the 2nd row in section 203 (whichever one is Alex's side). Coulda done much better in the pre-sale, but I thought I could hold off and to better with Ticketbastard.

Been a Rush fan since 6th/7th grade. Discovered Rush on a boy scout camping trip (listened to All The World's A Stage and was blown away).

My first show was Hold Your Fire at Hampton Coliseum. I think this will be my 11th show. Alex Lifeson is my idol. I play guitar and will be attempting some Rush tunes for the parking lot.

OK...keeping w/ the S&A theme, here's the good news first:

If you have an electric grill and a generator, you will be very popular.

According to a girl answering the phone (and the Nissan Pavillion website) all grills except electric ones are banned. Somehow I doubt there will be accessible outlets. Now, I have been to three Rush shows there and grilled at two of them myself. I don't know if security will actually be telling everyone to put it out, confiscating grills, or amenable to delicious bribes. For those of you planning to cook, bring a grill you don't mind parting with. I have two small grills that I will be bringing.

Now, since we are planning on meeting at Giant, we can get some cold cuts and sandwich goodies as a back-up plan. I'm pretty sure cold cuts are allowed. And if the grilling is no problem, we can have sandwiches after the show while the lot and the access road clear. Eating is always better than sitting in traffic.

Incidentally, drinking before the show is also banned. However, I have had actual PW County cops tell me just to use a colored plastic cup. Hopefully the ridiculous grilling rule is the same.

On to business, with a gate time of 4:30, how about meeting HERE at 4:00. That gives us time to grab a few things and drive to the pavillion by 4:30 easily. Just click on the map to enlarge it.

Sounds good. Thanks for doing all of the leg-work, steelcaressed! I'm looking forward to meeting all you TRF'ers!

I do have one small request, though. I will NOT be looking at the setlist spoilers, as I would like to be surprised during the show. I'm not sure if others are planning on reading the spoilers, but it would be greatly appreciated if we concentrate on eating, jamming, and talking about our collective love for Rush (other than the setlist). wink.gif

Thanks in advance everyone!

2.gif

QUOTE (Ffej Sector A @ Jun 13 2007, 08:18 AM)
Sounds good. Thanks for doing all of the leg-work, steelcaressed! I'm looking forward to meeting all you TRF'ers!

I do have one small request, though. I will NOT be looking at the setlist spoilers, as I would like to be surprised during the show. I'm not sure if others are planning on reading the spoilers, but it would be greatly appreciated if we concentrate on eating, jamming, and talking about our collective love for Rush (other than the setlist). wink.gif
Thanks in advance everyone!

2.gif

goodpost.gif

I agree. I want nothing but surprises myself.

We're gonna have a blast. I'm optimistic things will go fine with the grilling and all. And if not, we'll have other grub to chow on from Giant. cool.gif

I'll be bringing a pack of dogs to throw on, hotdog buns, cups, drinks (with plenty to spare), 3 chairs, and the serving table.

And yes, thank you steelcaressed for doing the heavy lifting to bring us together. Here we can easily pretend "a stranger is a long-awaited friend". trink39.gif

And my lips are sealed with regards to the setlist. cool.gif

The pleasure is all mine fellows. I can meet 100 people in a day, and chances are none of them will like the same music I like. On the 23rd, I get a chance to meet and hang w/ people who love the same music I love. Priceless.

My son is psyched as well. He loves and audience, being quite a ham. He can play and he sings really well. He sings loud too.

It should be a great time. Let's hope it's cool and sunny (a rarity here in June.)

Steelcaressed,

I too want to thank you for the effort you put into organizing the meetup.

I haven't looked at the setlist (nor will I) so I won't be spoiling anything for anyone.

It shouldn't be any problem for me to be at the Giant by 4 pm. I'll be coming up from 29/Warrenton.

I'll be in a little red Nissan with Va. Tech lisence plates. I'll be driving up by myself, so I will have plenty of room in the car for extra chairs, small table, etc...

See everybody on Sat.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jun 18 2007, 11:32 AM)
Steelcaressed,

I haven't looked at the setlist (nor will I) so I won't be spoiling anything for anyone.

It shouldn't be any problem for me to be at the Giant by 4 pm. I'll be coming up from 29/Warrenton.

I'll be in a little red Nissan with Va. Tech lisence plates. I'll be driving up by myself, so I will have plenty of room in the car for extra chairs, small table, etc...

See everybody on Sat.

Excellent. I will be in a plain white Dodge mini-van. I have some laminated pages to tape to the back for those who don't make it to the 4 p.m. meet at Giant.

I will be putting balloons up as previously mentioned. We'll have 3 small grills, two coolers (Joshua has the small table) and two guitars. Don't forget a beach chair, etc. for much needed rest before the show. I have plastic cups and condiments for the burgers and dogs.

I am looking forward to meeting all the cool people I have corresponded with here at TRF. trink39.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 18 2007, 07:55 PM)
Steelcaressed,

It shouldn't be any problem for me to be at the Giant by 4 pm.  I'll be coming up from 29/Warrenton.

I'll be in a little red Nissan with Va. Tech lisence plates.  I'll be driving up by myself, so I will have plenty of room in the car for extra chairs, small table, etc...

See everybody on Sat.

Excellent. I will be in a plain white Dodge mini-van. I have some laminated pages to tape to the back for those who don't make it to the 4 p.m. meet at Giant.

I will be putting balloons up as previously mentioned. We'll have 3 small grills, two coolers (Joshua has the small table) and two guitars. Don't forget a beach chair, etc. for much needed rest before the show. I have plastic cups and condiments for the burgers and dogs.

I am looking forward to meeting all the cool people I have corresponded with here at TRF. trink39.gif

What...no birthday cake? sad.gif

i'll be in a ford taurus sport with west virginia tags. can't wait til this saturday, for night of 2.gif

i'm flying solo from south louisiana for the show sat. night. i've never been to D.C. so i plan on touring the capital for a while sat. don't really know where to go but i'll have a rental car. (any suggestions?) if there's a meetup anywhere i'd love to attend. this will be my 9th rush show and i can't wait!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 18 2007, 08:56 PM)
Steelcaressed,

It shouldn't be any problem for me to be at the Giant by 4 pm.  I'll be coming up from 29/Warrenton.

I'll be in a little red Nissan with Va. Tech lisence plates.  I'll be driving up by myself, so I will have plenty of room in the car for extra chairs, small table, etc...

See everybody on Sat.

Personally, I would prefer a slice of pie. wink.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 19 2007, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 18 2007, 08:56 PM)
Steelcaressed,

See everybody on Sat.

Personally, I would prefer a slice of pie. wink.gif

You read my mind steelcaressed. I may very well pick one up at the Giant. 1287.gif

QUOTE (cajun boy @ Jun 19 2007, 03:19 PM)
i'm flying solo from south louisiana for the show sat. night. i've never been to D.C. so i plan on touring the capital for a while sat. don't really know where to go but i'll have a rental car. (any suggestions?) if there's a meetup anywhere i'd love to attend. this will be my 9th rush show and i can't wait!!! 1022.gif

Some of those closer to the DC area may want to chime in here but my advice would be (once you get your car) to park at a Metro station and take the subway around the city to check out monuments, Smithsonian, etc..

Also, are you flying into Dulles or Reagan National?

Check out earlier parts of this thread for meetup information.

Archived