Profiles

RushRevisited

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Nov 30 2004, 09:20 PM)
weight?....the sisterhood won't mind. smile.gif

waffen093.gif

dazed025.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 30 2004, 05:15 PM)
Here are a few:
Other Favourite Bands
Instrument that you play
Year you got into Rush

Also I second the "Favourite Album" and "First Album Bought"

I definatly like the other favorite band one. Maybe let you make a list of up to 3 or 5 other bands you're into.

One thing I might change though is the number of concerts, let the person actually put a number rather then choose from a range. I've seen 5 concerts in my life, but that doesnt matter to the range, I could just as easily have seen 1 and no one would know the difference. I also wont be able to get out of that range for a couple years tongue.gif

Oh yeah, I third the favorite album and first album you bought (as long as you leave room for us to type it and not choose, as I bought Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves during the same purchase).

Heres an idea, maybe make a second page, or restructure the format page to allow space for all these questions to be like list. Have a ton of questions that we all answer about Rush/music/life? in general. Nothing too invasive, but to give people a nice background of who they are talking with. I would find it very interesting to read how so many people answer all these questions, and personally love looking up to see whos favorite songs are what.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 30 2004, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Nov 30 2004, 05:15 PM)
Here are a few:
Other Favourite Bands
Instrument that you play
Year you got into Rush

Also I second the "Favourite Album" and "First Album Bought"

I definatly like the other favorite band one. Maybe let you make a list of up to 3 or 5 other bands you're into.

One thing I might change though is the number of concerts, let the person actually put a number rather then choose from a range. I've seen 5 concerts in my life, but that doesnt matter to the range, I could just as easily have seen 1 and no one would know the difference. I also wont be able to get out of that range for a couple years tongue.gif

Oh yeah, I third the favorite album and first album you bought (as long as you leave room for us to type it and not choose, as I bought Moving Pictures and Permanent Waves during the same purchase).

Heres an idea, maybe make a second page, or restructure the format page to allow space for all these questions to be like list. Have a ton of questions that we all answer about Rush/music/life? in general. Nothing too invasive, but to give people a nice background of who they are talking with. I would find it very interesting to read how so many people answer all these questions, and personally love looking up to see whos favorite songs are what.

Also good suggestions.

How about worst injury? Kidding

I like the favorite album, favorite Rush member, and favorite other band.

How about a check list of favorite music genres/styles?

Favorite Movie?

Favorite Quote?

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 1 2004, 09:46 AM)
How about a check list of favorite music genres/styles?

Right on! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

What I'd like is a location indication on the page underneath the avatar itself. It can be difficult sometimes when you're on this side of the Atlantic to know where someone is from. I'm sure suggesting a Canadian is from the US (or vice versa) is as iffy as suggesting a British is from Ireland (or vice versa). biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 1 2004, 08:55 AM)
What I'd like is a location indication on the page underneath the avatar itself. It can be difficult sometimes when you're on this side of the Atlantic to know where someone is from. I'm sure suggesting a Canadian is from the US (or vice versa) is as iffy as suggesting a British is from Ireland (or vice versa). biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Now that's interesting...

I'm not sure what display options are available...we'll have to check into that.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 1 2004, 09:55 AM)

I like that Madra. Great idea.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 1 2004, 10:49 AM)
What I'd like is a location indication on the page underneath the avatar itself. It can be difficult sometimes when you're on this side of the Atlantic to know where someone is from. I'm sure suggesting a Canadian is from the US (or vice versa) is as iffy as suggesting a British is from Ireland (or vice versa). biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

I like that Madra. Great idea.

Better the pride that resides

In a citizen of the Rushforum

Than the pride that divides

When a colourful icon is unfurled for 'em

damn foriegners can't even spell color right.... bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Dec 1 2004, 06:55 AM)

This is a good idea. They could be listed by City/State/Province & Country:

California, USA

Toronto, Canada

Dublin, Ireland

etc....

As an USer, I don't like it..certain areas in the US have certain stereotypes attached to them, and we are such a mix that the odds of someone actually resembling those stereotypes is rare. Call me Canadian, a Western NY hick or a Connecticut Yankee I really don't care, I am me. And I don't care if you are from Dublin or London. If people want to say where they're from they can already put it in their profile. Or, you could always ask them...

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Dec 1 2004, 10:49 AM)
As an USer, I don't like it..certain areas in the US have certain stereotypes attached to them, and we are such a mix that the odds of someone actually resembling those stereotypes is rare.

Yeah, I hear ya, Shrimp Cot...being a southerner who fits almost none of the southern stereotypes. At least I hope I don't...

Let's see, I have all my own original teeth, I wear shoes, I'm not married to a blood relative, no cars up on blocks in my yard...

But, not sure we can even make this info display on the board...if we do, though, it will be up to each person to make the choice to fill it in, I suppose. And then, stereotypes be damned!!! wink.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 1 2004, 11:33 AM)

Let's see, I have all my own original teeth, I wear shoes, I'm not married to a blood relative, no cars up on blocks in my yard...

Yes but you DO have those lovely pink flamingos in your yard....

rofl3.gif

I'm southern too, ya know! Yeah, I eat good 'ol southern BBQ too!

You'd think after living in Boston for ten years, my accent and personality would have changed, but nope, I still got my southern accent (which i've been told sounds sexy!)

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 1 2004, 12:40 PM)

You'd think after living in Boston for ten years, my accent and personality would have changed, but nope, I still got my southern accent (which i've been told sounds sexy!)

Oh yes, a female Southern voice IS sexy sounding.

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2004, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 1 2004, 12:40 PM)

Oh yes, a female Southern voice IS sexy sounding.

Oh, should I? firedevil.gif What the hell

I'm a guy! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Dec 1 2004, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 1 2004, 11:33 AM)

Yes but you DO have those lovely pink flamingos in your yard....

rofl3.gif

Shoot, yeah...them flamingos are tasteful without being gaudy...

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Dec 1 2004, 11:42 AM)
GG and I are Southern women tho. smile.gif

Yes, indeedy...and I have been told my accent is not so hard on the ears.

wink.gif

Archived