September 23 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center

September 27 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Giants Stadium

September 29 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena

September 30 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills

October 2 - Chicago, IL @ United Center

October 9 - San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion at San Jose

October 12 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

common001.gif

QUOTE (workingman @ Mar 7 2007, 08:11 PM)
GENESIS have announced the following North American tour dates:

September 7 - Toronto, ON @ BMO Field
September 11 - Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
September 14 - Montreal, QC @ Olympic Stadium
September 16 - Hartford, CT @ Hartford Civic Center Coliseum
September 18 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Wachovia Center
September 22 - Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
September 23 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
September 27 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Giants Stadium
September 29 - Cleveland, OH @ Quicken Loans Arena
September 30 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
October 2 - Chicago, IL @ United Center
October 9 - San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion at San Jose
October 12 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

common001.gif

Any info on when tickets go on sale?

Okay, fair enough, but did you read the Billboard article about it? They said that the top ticket price was f***ing $225, and then in the SAME PARAGRAPH, Phil had the nerve to say "You know, we're really not doing this for the money."

Right.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 7 2007, 08:17 PM)
A friend of mine who's a huge Genesis fan says that tickets are in the 70s-200s. Who the f**k do they think they are, Paul McCartney?

That is how much tickets are for any standard classic rocker. The Police are $50 to $250 as well so don't complain that's how much it is to see rock royalty and not the bands who are now has beens playing state fairs and tents (Styx, Foreigner and Journey all s*ck without their key ingriedients whom are Dennis DeYoung, Lou Gramm and Steve Perry/Steve Smith respectively).

Be grateful Genesis aren't like either Barbra Streisand or The Eagles or The Rolling Stones or Madonna whose cheapest seats were $300 and the most expensive seat was $2,000.

David Gilmour's seats were anywhere from $50 to $300 then the ticket agents legally stole the tickets and re-sold them from $200 to $1,000 a seat.

I paid $55 to see The Who in November and they were superb.

I paid $200 a ticket to see The Rolling Stones at Fenway Park in 2005 and they were still great!

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 7 2007, 09:48 PM)
Okay, fair enough, but did you read the Billboard article about it? They said that the top ticket price was f***ing $225, and then in the SAME PARAGRAPH, Phil had the nerve to say "You know, we're really not doing this for the money."

Right.

Phil Collins has earned loads of cash on his 1997 and 2004 and 2005 solo tours all of which which sold out every venue across America (he played 15,000 to 20,000 seaters on those tours). However, Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford lost the US when Calling All Stations tanked and their concert tour was scrapped due to lack of interest.

Also, Genesis have given their cash and many concert profits to charities like Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy which works with autistic children and adults by music, Greenpeace, Amnesty International.

I know if Pink Floyd are to do a reunion tour, the agents would charge insane prices. Pink Floyd on their last tour charged $35 to $70 per seat on their 1994 Division Bell tour which was reasonable unlike The Rolling Stones who spiked ticket prices to outgross PF yet PF sold out all of their US dates whilst The Rolling Stones had some shows that had loads of seats left. The Eagles charged $100 to $200 a ticket. Pink Floyd keyboard player Rick Wright said it best and I quote "Who wants to pay $100 for nostaliga when we are out on the road with a new album to play and attracting fans our age and our kids' age and younger" end quote.

Yeah, but are Genesis anywhere near as widely-known in the US as the Stones or McCartney anymore? You NEVER hear anything about them, at least not until this tour was announced, and then suddenly they're big enough that they can charge $250 for seats.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 8 2007, 12:01 AM)
Yeah, but are Genesis anywhere near as widely-known in the US as the Stones or McCartney anymore? You NEVER hear anything about them, at least not until this tour was announced, and then suddenly they're big enough that they can charge $250 for seats.

Genesis are remembered more in the US as Phil Collins' band when in fact it was Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford's baby. Then again those same a**hole poseur fans remembered The Police being Sting's back up band and the other two members were tools yet their reunion shows sold out.

The Genesis tour has already sold out shows in Europe. I wouldn't be surprised if this tour succeeds in the US.

I will go!

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Mar 7 2007, 08:27 PM)
damn, they're not coming to AZ

I know! fists crying.gif

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Mar 10 2007, 05:33 PM)
A friend of mine who's a huge Genesis fan says that tickets are in the 70s-200s. Who the f**k do they think they are, Paul McCartney?

Inflation.

Rush doesn't charge $250...

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 7 2007, 09:31 PM)
They know the demograp[hics of whose going to go, and are soaking us. Same as The Who, The Police, etc....

ahem...how much are Rush tickets going for on the upcoming tour?

I would venture an average of about $90 per.

It's the price of live entertainment. 1287.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Mar 10 2007, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (double bass chick @ Mar 10 2007, 05:05 PM)
I am definately going! Gonna be great show!!

Just Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeese do not play  Psu, psu, psuedeo!!

I hate that song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no.gif

Genesis didn't do that song. That was PHIL COLLINS!!!

I know, but sometimes solo artist like to throw in some of their solo stuff when they return to the band thing. So Phil, don't even think about it!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Mar 10 2007, 06:47 PM)
They know the demograp[hics of whose going to go, and are soaking us.  Same as The Who, The Police, etc....

Actually, unless you're in LA or Vegas, Rush tickets tend to top out at $75, which is pretty reasonable as far as these things go.

QUOTE (double bass chick @ Mar 10 2007, 09:52 PM)

I know, but sometimes solo artist like to throw in some of their solo stuff when they return to the band thing. So Phil, don't even think about it!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

He's never done that before as far as I know. I don't think Tony Banks would let him.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 10 2007, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Mar 10 2007, 06:47 PM)
They know the demograp[hics of whose going to go, and are soaking us.  Same as The Who, The Police, etc....

Actually, unless you're in LA or Vegas, Rush tickets tend to top out at $75, which is pretty reasonable as far as these things go.

ohmy.gif Ahhh crap! I hope to god it isn't a ball-breaker to pay for a Rush show. I plan on hitting at least 5 this tour 1022.gif .

unsure.gif They wouldn't do that to us would they?

I guess I'd pay 75-100 bucks a seat. wacko.gif

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Mar 11 2007, 12:51 AM)
QUOTE (double bass chick @ Mar 10 2007, 09:52 PM)

He's never done that before as far as I know. I don't think Tony Banks would let him.

thank god!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 10 2007, 09:12 PM)

Inflation.

Rush's last tour topped out at $100/$120 range. I bet you they will top out at $130.

Roger Waters is from $25 to $130. David Gilmour was $50 to $150. Those tickets were resold from $175 to $1,000 a whack by brokers.

Be thankful they aren't people like Madonna, The Rolling Stones, The Eagles (as much as I like them) and Barbra Streisand as they charge $120 to $500 or so as regular tickets only to be resold from $250 to $2,000 a seat! Their shows don't sell out but they make money from insane ticket prices.

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Mar 11 2007, 02:38 PM)

Inflation.

Rush's last tour topped out at $100/$120 range. I bet you they will top out at $130.

Uhh, not here it didn't...top tickets were $68. I've never seen them charge $100, except for like the Hollywood Bowl, but tickets are always overpriced there. Most of the listings I remember seeing were well under $100.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 11 2007, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Mar 11 2007, 02:38 PM)

Inflation.

Uhh, not here it didn't...top tickets were $68. I've never seen them charge $100, except for like the Hollywood Bowl, but tickets are always overpriced there. Most of the listings I remember seeing were well under $100.

In Boston, the most expensive Rush tickets were $100. This will be my first Rush show outside the Boston area and the tickets vary in market to market.

Archived