Genesis - Tour Dates Released

workingman

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Mar 12 2007, 12:10 PM)
Just picked up $77.00 (CAD) tickets for GENESIS in TORONTO!!

Sooooo excited! It has been a dream for me to see Genesis live...so I am quite stoked about it!

Wooohooo!!  1022.gif

I got tickets for Toronto today as well!!!!! common001.gif

These are my seats.....Section C2, Row 64(the second row of the C sections as far as I know), Seats 40-41.

I'm so damn excited as well........I've never seen them before so I hope it'll be a good show..... 1022.gif

I've seen Genesis seats for their Columbus, OH gig going for 57 dollars. Upper balcony, probably, but that's still a pretty good value, provided they're still around when they go on sale to the public. (Advance sales would have been another $35 to join the fan club, so no thanks).

As for Rush, I paid about $75 plus the usual fees for lower pavillion at Indianapolis on the R30 tour. This one should be comparable. I've given up expecting ticket prices to go down to reasonable levels, at least for major acts. What used to be $20 shows in the 80's is now $50. I think I paid $30 to catch them on the HYF tour, so $50-75 is about right.

I got tickets for Genesis upper balcony. After all the fees, the tickets wound up being about 72 dollars. Will it be worth it? I would have said no 10 years ago, but this seems to be where the major bands are these days. Of course, I'll probably pay that much to see Rush from lower pavillion, but Genesis is unquestionably a bigger band than Rush (at least in terms of mainstream popularity).

I'll also be driving six hours from Knoxville to Columbus OH to check out the show. I'll stay over somewhere on the way back (thank goodness it's on a Saturday). I know that seems insane, but blame the band because they're not playing the south at all (possibly FL, but that's it). I definitely wanted to catch them once, since I had never seen them before.

QUOTE (Crimson Emotions @ Mar 16 2007, 01:26 PM)
Genesis is unquestionably a bigger band than Rush (at least in terms of mainstream popularity).

Maybe in the 80s, but now? Not really. Rush always does very well on tour, their albums still debut in the top 10 and sell reasonably. I know Phil Collins has a ton of success as a solo artist, but I know NO Genesis fans.

Genesis and The Police are touring to sustain their extravagant lifestyles! Sting and Phil are running out of money!

Is there any new music to support on these tours? Greatest hits tours are for soccer moms! biggrin.gif

I am hearing from some sources in the Pink Floyd camp that a Pink Floyd 40th anniversary reunion tour may happen and if it does, tickets will be $90 to $300.

Nick Mason and Rick Wright aren't making as much as David Gilmour and Roger Waters. Waters' shows have sold out and Gilmour's solo tours sold out all theaters he played last year and his On an Island album solo disc sold fairly well.

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Mar 17 2007, 09:25 AM)
I am hearing from some sources in the Pink Floyd camp that a Pink Floyd 40th anniversary reunion tour may happen and if it does, tickets will be $90 to $300.

90 for NOSEBLEEDS? f**k, they'd better be putting on like a 5-hour show, or else I'll have to (VERY regretfully) add that to my "tours to skip this year" list. I don't really care about Genesis, but if I had to skip Pink Floyd because of insane prices, I'd be heartbroken.

QUOTE (LowLifeFlatHeadScum @ Mar 17 2007, 10:08 PM)
Still waiting to hear when that Hollywood Bowl date is going on sale.  confused13.gif

And in response to an earlier post....no, you won't hear any solo Collins, solo Tony, or even Mike and the Mechanics at a Genesis show.  It's never happened.

ooh, Mike & the Mechanics would be awesome. Good songs. In the Living Years, talk about a tear jerker. They would need to call up Paul Carack. Great Voice.

Archived