musical genre you hate !

Tick

what music makes you want to vomit the most ?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. what music makes you want to vomit the most ?

• country
    • rap
    • reggae
    • classical
    • disco
    • opera
    • speed metal
    • gregorian chant
    • bluegrass
    • r&b
    • jazz
    • adult contemperary
    • salsa
    • swing
    • world beat
    • folk
    • doo wop

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 27 2007, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 27 2007, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 27 2007, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 27 2007, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 26 2007, 12:53 PM)
I think you are taking this a bit seriously.

I don't regard music any other way, my friend. Music my life. I wouldn't take it anything other than seriously.

laugh.gif

Thats ok, but I have a feeling that in years to come you will change your mind on this a bit. I'm not intending to be patronising here, but once upon a time I lived and breathed music.

It's just that as life brings more commitments and responsibilities, you have to learn to prioritize, and although I still love music, it just douesn't seem as important as the major things any more.

Saying that, it would be a very sad day indeed for me if I learned that music would no longer play any part in my life

You're wrong. To me, music is life. But, for the sake of your claim, I bet you twenty internet dollars that in twenty internet years this internet person you've never met will still love music as much as I do today.

laugh.gif

Twenty years is a LONG time, and a lot can happen...trust me on this.

Besides, I never claimed you wouldn't love music as much as you do now, it's just that other stuff will come along which is even more important.For example, if you have children it would be extremely wrong to love music more than them

However, in the spirit of sportsmanship, I'll take that virtual bet. wink.gif

I don't know Fridge. I'm 37 and music is still a HUGELY important part of my life. Yes, I have more responsibilities now than in my teen years, but I still listen to and appreciate music just as much as I did then, perhaps even more.

I'm just sayin'...

I won't conceal my answer with some type of statement like "I like all kinds of music, but my least favourite on the list is...."

I'd rather hear a fork scratching across a chalk board for 3 straight hours than listen to a rap song for 2 minutes...

no ambiguity in that answer eh? biggrin.gif

2.gif The very best

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 28 2007, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 27 2007, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 27 2007, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 27 2007, 02:14 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 27 2007, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 26 2007, 12:53 PM)
I think you are taking this a bit seriously.

I don't regard music any other way, my friend. Music my life. I wouldn't take it anything other than seriously.

laugh.gif

Thats ok, but I have a feeling that in years to come you will change your mind on this a bit. I'm not intending to be patronising here, but once upon a time I lived and breathed music.

It's just that as life brings more commitments and responsibilities, you have to learn to prioritize, and although I still love music, it just douesn't seem as important as the major things any more.

Saying that, it would be a very sad day indeed for me if I learned that music would no longer play any part in my life

You're wrong. To me, music is life. But, for the sake of your claim, I bet you twenty internet dollars that in twenty internet years this internet person you've never met will still love music as much as I do today.

laugh.gif

Twenty years is a LONG time, and a lot can happen...trust me on this.

Besides, I never claimed you wouldn't love music as much as you do now, it's just that other stuff will come along which is even more important.For example, if you have children it would be extremely wrong to love music more than them

However, in the spirit of sportsmanship, I'll take that virtual bet. wink.gif

I don't know Fridge. I'm 37 and music is still a HUGELY important part of my life. Yes, I have more responsibilities now than in my teen years, but I still listen to and appreciate music just as much as I did then, perhaps even more.

I'm just sayin'...

And that's how I feel mate...

I reckon I still love music as much, but as I'm sure you can relate to, other priorities assert themselves and clamour for your time and attention.

You can only spread yourself so thin..... sad.gif

QUOTE (Finbar @ Feb 27 2007, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Feb 23 2007, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Feb 23 2007, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Feb 23 2007, 07:30 PM)
The Roots have a drummer? Is it like rock/rap?

No, they are a hip-hop group that happens to employ musicians rather than a DJ. Damn talented musicians at that. I saw them a few weeks ago, and it was one of the most fun shows I've ever been to.

Pretty much all of their albums are worth checking out, but my favorites are Do You Want More??!!!??? (1994), Things Fall Apart (1999), Phrenology (2002), and their latest, Game Theory (2006). Anyone in this thread, who says that rap "doesn't take any talent or musicianship," maybe try these guys out for size.

Damn. I am definetly going to have to check these guys out now.

I am glad somebody became enlightened by this otherwise pointless thread.

Congrats Fin. applaudit.gif