Welcome FarCry to TRF

sullysue

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 23 2007, 02:13 PM)
Who is Kurt Russell's wife? Goldie Hawn?

yes.gif yes.gif

While I don't think they are legally married (I don't follow it that closely), they've been together for many years. Probably 20 or so.

When did the movie Overboard come out? That's when they hooked up.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 23 2007, 01:54 PM)
Oh yeah, that's right. She's not as "busty" as she once was, just so you know... wink.gif

She was with Kurt Russell in Escape from New York

I've never heard of a town called Providence in N.C.

I forgot about her in Escape from NY. I guess I was fixed on Ernest Borgnine. You might want to google Providence, NC, because I dunno either...

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 23 2007, 02:03 PM)
QUOTE (FarCry @ Feb 23 2007, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Feb 23 2007, 10:12 AM)
QUOTE (FarCry @ Feb 22 2007, 11:24 PM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Feb 22 2007, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 22 2007, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 22 2007, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 22 2007, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 22 2007, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (chaotica @ Feb 22 2007, 01:16 PM)
Welcome FarCry!!!

You will love it here!!!

ps SullySue how did you get him to come here ... I can't get my hubby to join sad.gif

The key is... not to push. Wait about two years or so, and have lots of arguments about "What the hell are you doing on the internet, and with whom?" and "omg you're on that f'ing Rush site again?!?".

trink39.gif rofl3.gif

ohmy.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

That's pretty much it! That and, "What the hell do you do with all of those pictures of Alex Lifeson you have on your computer?"

confused13.gif

Well... trust me THAT part of the conversation never happened at my house.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

laugh.gif Oh, OK. But, the rest is right on target. It's that "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em," thing.

Welcome Far Cry

Enjoy

There's no beating TRF beathorse.gif and once you've joined bekloppt.gif TRF There's no stopping TRF. 1022.gif

Trust me I'm the one Pags speaks of in his post biggrin.gif

I noticed Snake Pliskin in your signature. Kurt Russell kicks major ass. His role in John Carpenter's "The Thing" is an all time classic. Sullysue says she'll hook me up with some good pics for my avatar and signature, but Pliskin is hard to beat...

I loved Escape from NY...so when we learned the new release title...I thought Snake Pliskin was fitting!

I never saw "The Thing", I'll have to look into that one.

Thanks for noticing it! biggrin.gif

You must, absolutely must rent "The Thing". It's John Carpenter's remake of the original. Although it came out in 81' I believe, the special effects are great. It is not for the kids or squeamish, though.

The Thing is one of my all time favorite movies. HUGE Carpenter fan... HUGE Kurt Russell fan (and an even bigger fan of his 'wife' wub.gif. I've seen it a thousand times.

I can guarantee you that owlswing will not want to watch it by choice, but if she were sitting on the couch and it was on she wouldn't get up and would wind up watching it until the end. Then she would make some comment at me like I was the one who made her sit down and watch a scary movie. laugh.gif

Now when our oldest is just a whee bit older, I can't wait to sit down and watch these movies with her. yes.gif 1022.gif

Excellent. Carpenter rocks with Russell. Sullysue isn't much into horrors either, but I'll let our oldest see it in a few more years.....

John Carpenter and "Busty" Barbeau ( laugh.gif ) were married back then. She starred in "The Fog" first under his direction and then did "Escape from New York". Each part she played in these two films were written specifically for her (not just any actress).

The films were under contract to Avco Embassy.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Feb 23 2007, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (FarCry @ Feb 23 2007, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Feb 23 2007, 12:30 PM)
Hi sullysues hubby  bekloppt.gif

trink39.gif http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/TRF/llokop.jpg trink39.gif

Hey Arleen. Did ya notice that she put "That's Mr. Sullysue to you" where my avatar goes. I see that discipline is around every corner on this board for me..............

I didn't do it. ph34r.gif

Trust me. Your reputation proceeds you, sweetheart! biggrin.gif

I didn't know my reputation would precede my procession professor Sullysue........

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 23 2007, 04:10 PM)
WELCOME TO TRF FARCRY1022.gif Watch out for that Alex lifeson guy though. He is quite the character unsure.gif laugh.gif trink39.gif

Thanks for the welcome and 10-4 on the Alex character. I still don't know why she hasn't left me for him? Maybe she thinks I'll go blonde or something....

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Feb 23 2007, 04:12 PM)
WELCOME FARCRY!! trink39.gif

(Must be sweet to be the first person on here with a Snakes & Arrows' song title!)

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks Emotion. I hope the new release is hardcore like 2112. I would love to see them get back to the1970's style of play. Don't get me wrong, evrything they do is great, but I was hooked on 2112 and Tom Sawyer......

QUOTE (paganoman @ Feb 23 2007, 04:23 PM)

yes.gif yes.gif

While I don't think they are legally married (I don't follow it that closely), they've been together for many years. Probably 20 or so.

You're probably right. They've been together for a long time. Overboard came out in 86' or 87' if memory serves correct.....

QUOTE (FarCry @ Feb 23 2007, 05:09 PM)

yes.gif yes.gif

You're probably right. They've been together for a long time. Overboard came out in 86' or 87' if memory serves correct.....

They are no longer together.

sad.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 23 2007, 04:48 PM)
John Carpenter and "Busty" Barbeau ( laugh.gif ) were married back then. She starred in "The Fog" first under his direction and then did "Escape from New York". Each part she played in these two films were written specifically for her (not just any actress).

"The Fog", OK, and what about "Return of the Swamp Thing"? I was never a big fan of hers except for her twins. I didn't know she and Carpenter were married. I do remember the Avco Embassy name "PRECEEDING" the films though....

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Feb 23 2007, 05:11 PM)

yes.gif yes.gif

sad.gif

Do you think they had fun while it lasted? Oh what the hell, they're both rich and famous and staying together is sooo not Hollywood......

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

Cygnalschick, FarCry

bekloppt.gif Hey there!

QUOTE (FarCry @ Feb 23 2007, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 23 2007, 04:48 PM)

"The Fog", OK, and what about "Return of the Swamp Thing"? I was never a big fan of hers except for her twins. I didn't know she and Carpenter were married. I do remember the Avco Embassy name "PRECEEDING" the films though....

Yes, they were married in the late 70's and divorced in the mid 80's. They have a son together named Cody. I think he discovered her when she was on "Maude".

When they were filming "The Fog" in Point Reyes CA, she said she loved it so much that they bought a house there.

Regarding twins, she actually recently gave birth to twins.

QUOTE (FarCry @ Feb 23 2007, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Feb 23 2007, 05:21 PM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
Cygnalschick, FarCry

bekloppt.gif  Hey there!

Hey CC. How's the wild west? Tell Sullysue that another get together is due.....

The wild west is windy, dusty, and full of tumbleweeds. In fact I ran over one on the highway today tongue.gif. Anyway, yes I agree --> another get-together would be great. Soon! 1287.gif

QUOTE (FarCry @ Feb 23 2007, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 23 2007, 04:10 PM)
WELCOME TO TRF FARCRY1022.gif  Watch out for that Alex lifeson guy though. He is quite the character unsure.gif  laugh.gif  trink39.gif

Thanks for the welcome and 10-4 on the Alex character. I still don't know why she hasn't left me for him? Maybe she thinks I'll go blonde or something....

Well, you don't MARRY your fantasy. Duh. What's the fun in that? tongue.gif

Besides, you're pretty cute. I guess I'll keep you around for a while.

QUOTE (FarCry @ Feb 23 2007, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (CeeJ @ Feb 23 2007, 05:11 PM)

yes.gif yes.gif

sad.gif

Do you think they had fun while it lasted? Oh what the hell, they're both rich and famous and staying together is sooo not Hollywood......

I'm pretty sure they are still together or at least got back together...they moved to Vancouver so their son could play hockey...

QUOTE (FarCry @ Feb 23 2007, 01:33 PM)
You must, absolutely must rent "The Thing". It's John Carpenter's remake of the original. Although it came out in 81' I believe, the special effects are great. It is not for the kids or squeamish, though.

Yes! I love that movie! Plus, I'm a big Kurt Russel fan.

Archived