2007 Tour

Cygnus The God Of Balance

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just remember to bring ear plugs for the little ones. rush is no metallica when it comes to noise volume but gotta protect their hearing. i can recall a baby maybe 2-3 in a fathers arms in the front row (vapor trails)with huge headphones/ earplugs on. i thought that was a little over the top for a small child but to each his own. confused13.gif

I'll be taking at least one of my sons...maybe both. It won't be their first show though. We saw the VT tour together, and they were 11 and 15 at the time. As I recounted earlier, it was the show where a torrential downpour started just after the show began. It was a great time. We tailgated before the show, listening to CoS (because I knew they wouldn't play anything from that one.)

For R30, only the younger one came w/ me. It was a thoroughly enjoyable affair, except for the part about forgetting the grill. Oh yeah, the big pissed-off biker was a bit of a downer too, but that's a long story for another thread.

Unfortunately, it's not pocket change to see a concert anymore. So, I think I'll make them work for tickets this time.

Rush is certainly one of the more sedate acts to take children to. I didn't see anyone passed out drunk or passing anything for that matter. I would definitely recommend it for anyone w/ a son 11 or older who is into rock music. I wouldn't recommend it for a daughter, unless she is specifically interested in seeing Rush.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 18 2007, 07:19 PM)
I would definitely recommend it for anyone w/ a son 11 or older who is into rock music. I wouldn't recommend it for a daughter, unless she is specifically interested in seeing Rush.

Can I ask why would it be different if you had a daughter vs. a son?

QUOTE (owlswing @ Feb 18 2007, 07:52 PM)
I would definitely recommend it for anyone w/ a son 11 or older who is into rock music.  I wouldn't recommend it for a daughter, unless she is specifically interested in seeing Rush. 

Sure...I have two daughters. I have offered to take my oldest one to both the VT and R30 shows. She has declined. I also haven't noticed a preponderance of young girls at their shows (what a gift I have for understatement.)

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Feb 19 2007, 10:09 AM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Feb 18 2007, 07:52 PM)
I would definitely recommend it for anyone w/ a son 11 or older who is into rock music.  I wouldn't recommend it for a daughter, unless she is specifically interested in seeing Rush. 

Sure...I have two daughters. I have offered to take my oldest one to both the VT and R30 shows. She has declined. I also haven't noticed a preponderance of young girls at their shows (what a gift I have for understatement.)

Honestly I still don't see the reasoning behind not taking a girl. So you're saying: A boy interested in rock (mentioning or not mentioning Rush not a factor)=take him to see Rush, A girl interested in rock (but doesn't mention Rush)=don't take her to see Rush. Sorry, nope. Don't get it.

I'll be taking at least one of my sons...maybe both. It won't be their first show though. We saw the VT tour together, and they were 11 and 15 at the time. As I recounted earlier, it was the show where a torrential downpour started just after the show began. It was a great time. We tailgated before the show, listening to CoS (because I knew they wouldn't play anything from that one.)

For R30, only the younger one came w/ me. It was a thoroughly enjoyable affair, except for the part about forgetting the grill. Oh yeah, the big pissed-off biker was a bit of a downer too, but that's a long story for another thread.

Unfortunately, it's not pocket change to see a concert anymore. So, I think I'll make them work for tickets this time.

Rush is certainly one of the more sedate acts to take children to. I didn't see anyone passed out drunk or passing anything for that matter. I would definitely recommend it for anyone w/ a son 11 or older who is into rock music. I wouldn't recommend it for a daughter, unless she is specifically interested in seeing Rush.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

goodpost.gif

Great post steelcaressed. We're thinking of hitching up the camper and taking in a few shows in the midwest.

And you are right, unlike some other bands out there (many of whom I like), this is a "family friendly" show, from the band (no "f" bombs from them), the music and the crowd.

Hopefully we'll avoid the pissed-off biker.

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Feb 18 2007, 09:14 AM)
How many of you will take your kids to their first-ever Rush concert this summer?

We're debating on taking our 11 year old. He's not a big fan, but he knows how much I like them, and he's started getting interested. We've taken him to smaller concerts, but if we take him this year, it would be his first major concert.

I'd rather it be Rush than (insert some inept teen band here).

My son was 11 when we saw the VT tour in 2002. He was 13 when we saw the R30 tour in 2004. He'll be 16 by the time the S+A tour comes around, I think I'll let him drive for a change.

My wife and I took our then 9 year old daughter, Alex to R30. All of our kids are huge fans like mom and dad!!

She had a blast!!!

This tour, is Jason Anakin`s turn. My wife is due in the summer, so the sooner we know the dates....the better!!!

Ya`ll take care

I tried to get my son into Rush , so far no dice , I showed him some of the drum solos , he tells me "Dad I am way better than that guy"

Boy if that came from anyone elses mouth , I would have said, you need to get your head examined biggrin.gif

But being it came from my little man, I'll just let that one ride .

The funny thing is I catch him sometimes with the headphones on jammin on the set , trying to catch the beat, I'm still trying to figure that boy out, i would love to take my son to the show , I'm sure he would love it,even though he's only eight . . . Hmmm, i was damn near his age when I heard my first rush song now that I think about it .

And here I am 20 some odd years later 2.gif

I wonder if in his mind , he thinks he is a little mini Neil .

LOL

Too dog gone funny rofl3.gif

I think way too much as it is .

That's all I need to do now is try to figure out the lil guy's thoughts wacko.gif

My son was nearly 5 when R30 came along. My wife and I mulled it over but eventually decided that he wasn't quite ready. Loud noises have bothered him.

He'll be almost 8 when they hit Charlotte this time. Momma gets to stay home THIS time. He says he'll bring ear pugs.

My daughter is 5 years old and I would LOVE to take her to see 2.gif !! All week I have had all three of my girls watching Rio with me! The one year old dances like crazy and the other two love the dragon! Rush is such a huge part of my life, and I would hate to wait until she got older and then she misses out! I'm just torn about it. doh.gif

I have the usual parental concerns obviously. Loudness, the aromatic ambience blush4.gif , the huge crowds. I am debating it though! I'm thinking that if they play the area twice maybe I can take her to the Amphitheater show in Tampa and then maybe hike it to Orlando to catch the next. Gonna have to check out the tour schedule.

Then again, who knows. fists crying.gif I'm so confuzzled about it all!! Why does 2.gif make my life sooo difficult?!?!? laugh.gif Either way, I will be there as usual. I can't wait!!!!!

QUOTE (canuck_atl @ Feb 18 2007, 01:38 PM)
I'm 17 and have never seen Rush so I'm planning to make this my first show. Even if I have to go alone (as none of my friends or parents like them) it would still be great. I just thank god that they are touring again. I thought R30 was going to be their last show and I missed it. To this day I haven't forgiven myself for missing out on that.

Im turning 16 in May and this will be MY first show. My mom actually likes Rush and said that for a birthday present, she'll get me some great seats, even if it means we have to drive a few hundred miles out of our way. I'm watching the internet very closely so I can get tickets right when they go on sale.

QUOTE (Pratt81269 @ Feb 19 2007, 09:27 PM)
My daughter is 5 years old and I would LOVE to take her to see  2.gif !!  All week I have had all three of my girls watching Rio with me!  The one year old dances like crazy and the other two love the dragon!  Rush is such a huge part of my life, and I would hate to wait until she got older and then she misses out!  I'm just torn about it.  doh.gif 
I have the usual parental concerns obviously.  Loudness, the aromatic ambience  blush4.gif , the huge crowds.  I am debating it though!  I'm thinking that if they play the area twice maybe I can take her to the Amphitheater show in Tampa and then maybe hike it to Orlando to catch the next.  Gonna have to check out the tour schedule.
Then again, who knows.  fists crying.gif  I'm so confuzzled about it all!!  Why does  2.gif  make my life sooo difficult?!?!?  laugh.gif  Either way, I will be there as usual.  I can't wait!!!!!

Hey, buy them some ear plugs. My mom and dad have been taking me to see concerts since I was 6 years old and I'm not scarred for life. If you are worried about losing your kids make sure you just dress them all in one super bright color, like neon orange. Even put orange shoelaces on them so then if something happens and one kid gets lost, you can find them semi-easily, or tell security that it's the kid wearing all neon orange. Makes it easier.

QUOTE (udanax @ Feb 19 2007, 11:52 PM)

Hey, buy them some ear plugs. My mom and dad have been taking me to see concerts since I was 6 years old and I'm not scarred for life. If you are worried about losing your kids make sure you just dress them all in one super bright color, like neon orange. Even put orange shoelaces on them so then if something happens and one kid gets lost, you can find them semi-easily, or tell security that it's the kid wearing all neon orange. Makes it easier.

Good idea! Thank you!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived