THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

My name is Earle, you are in for a bad night then try some honey and sweeten up things.

Hahaha! I hope you are horrible in predictions!!

Signed,

Winnie The Pooh

Well, one thing we know for certain is that, if the Patriots do manage to win, their fans will react with the same class and grace their favorite organization is known for.

Maybe they'll even demand apologies from all the fans that picked against them.

How rich.

This reminds me of a great scene from the movie School Ties. The headmaster of a prep school is being somewhat condescending to a Jewish student who the school has only accepted because he is a good football player. Quoting the Bible, the headmaster says "I seem to recall something about the meek inheriting the Earth" when the student isn't as deferential to him as the headmaster would like him to be (the headmaster asks him if it was worth breaking a tradition, a religious one, for a football game, to which the student responds "Yours or mine" referring to a tradition of excluding Jews from the school).

"And I wonder how meek they'll be when they do."

Maybe I'm obtuse, but I've read this three times and I'm not sure what it has to do with this conversation.

You've been the headmaster for the last couple of weeks, ridiculing the Patriots for the last few weeks with this ludicrous "Deflategate." We're the student, being told to temper our response if we're vindicated today.

Wthis game reminds me of the build up to ALI vs FRAZIER I @ Madison Square Garden. What a battle is was and hopefully this one will be too.

My name is Earle, you are in for a bad night then try some honey and sweeten up things.

Signed,

Winnie The Pooh

Well, one thing we know for certain is that, if the Patriots do manage to win, their fans will react with the same class and grace their favorite organization is known for.

How rich.

This reminds me of a great scene from the movie School Ties. The headmaster of a prep school is being somewhat condescending to a Jewish student who the school has only accepted because he is a good football player. Quoting the Bible, the headmaster says "I seem to recall something about the meek inheriting the Earth" when the student isn't as deferential to him as the headmaster would like him to be (the headmaster asks him if it was worth breaking a tradition, a religious one, for a football game, to which the student responds "Yours or mine" referring to a tradition of excluding Jews from the school).

Maybe I'm obtuse, but I've read this three times and I'm not sure what it has to do with this conversation.

You've been the headmaster for the last couple of weeks, ridiculing the Patriots for the last few weeks with this ludicrous "Deflategate." We're the student, being told to temper our response if we're vindicated today.

There are all kinds of people that know a hell of a lot more about football than me (many of them with Super Bowl rings) that don't think that Deflategate is ludicrous. Virtually everyone thinks that Brady is not being truthful and there are likely more people than not who think the same thing about Belichick. These are control freaks who know every nuance of the rules regarding who is and isn't an eligible receiver and when they are or aren't but they haven't spent two seconds thinking about the ball, even though Brady was one of the two main people that lobbied for the ridiculous rule that is in place now? Besides, it's not like the arrogance and ends justifies the means nature of Patriot fans began the day of the AFC Championship Game, many people associated with the Patriots are gloating over the snowplow incident; the damned thing is hanging in the rafters of their stadium.

I'm also not sure why some of the balls apparently only being slightly lower in pressure than the rules constitutes vindication.

I absolutely CANNOT WAIT for the first time that Gronkowski hits Sherman.

I'm more looking forward to the first time Irvin hits Brady.

Signed,

Winnie The Pooh

How rich.

There are all kinds of people that know a hell of a lot more about football than me (many of them with Super Bowl rings) that don't think that Deflategate is ludicrous. Virtually everyone thinks that Brady is not being truthful and there are likely more people than not who think the same thing about Belichick. These are control freaks who know every nuance of the rules regarding who is and isn't an eligible receiver and when they are or aren't but they haven't spent two seconds thinking about the ball, even though Brady was one of the two main people that lobbied for the ridiculous rule that is in place now? Besides, it's not like the arrogance and ends justifies the means nature of Patriot fans began the day of the AFC Championship Game, many people associated with the Patriots are gloating over the snowplow incident; the damned thing is hanging in the rafters of their stadium.

I'm also not sure why some of the balls apparently only being slightly lower in pressure than the rules constitutes vindication.

The psi of 10 out of 11 balls being "ticks" below 12.5 psi isn't the vindication. The vindication will be if the Patriots, whose balls will probably be examined by a forensic team today, win, even though the inference since 2007 has been that the Patriots can't win without cheating.

Signed,

Winnie The Pooh

How rich.

The psi of 10 out of 11 balls being "ticks" below 12.5 psi isn't the vindication. The vindication will be if the Patriots, whose balls will probably be examined by a forensic team today, win, even though the inference since 2007 has been that the Patriots can't win without cheating.

Where does it say that 10 of 11 balls were ticks below 12.5 psi?

This is from the article you quoted:

Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum.

That's different than 10.

Signed,

Winnie The Pooh

How rich.

Where does it say that 10 of 11 balls were ticks below 12.5 psi?

This is from the article you quoted:

Eleven of the 12 footballs used in the first half were judged by the officials to be under the minimum of 12.5 PSI, but just one was two pounds under. Many of them were just a few ticks under the minimum.

That's different than 10.

They were talking about it on local sports talk radio.

The vindication will be if the Patriots, whose balls will probably be examined by a forensic team today, win, even though the inference since 2007 has been that the Patriots can't win without cheating.

I guess an inference can be whatever you want it to be but I think the point was that they haven't won without cheating. The difference is so small between teams at the upper echelon of the sport and the variance of the outcomes are so great that to say that they definitively can't win without cheating would be a difficult statement to support.

You may have noticed that I wasn't critical of their efforts to confuse the Ravens defense with their unique use of eligible and ineligible receivers because that was within the rules. They do whatever they can within the rules to win and I'm not going to say anything about it (though the rule gives an unfair advantage to the offense it's still a rule). It's when they go beyond the rules and claim ignorance that it's a problem. And as any parent knows, whether or not everyone else does it is not a defense.

OK fellas. I'm going to be checking out for the game. I hope everybody, even that insufferable LABT ( :) ) enjoys the game.

Me too. Enjoy the game...and especially halftime!

OK fellas. I'm going to be checking out for the game. I hope everybody, even that insufferable LABT ( :) ) enjoys the game.

Me too. Enjoy the game...and especially halftime!

The halftime show.....this one is the ONE. I'm least looking forward to. I don't think I know one of this persons song but I'm sure I've heard one or two somewhere. Next they'll bring in Britney Spears.