Anger Management

mortkort

12 members have voted

1. 1. Anger Management

• Good
    • Bad

QUOTE (mortkort @ Jan 11 2007, 07:11 PM)
I saw it tonight, it was funnier than i thought.

anyone seen it?

It had a few mildly funny parts, but it was utter crap.

It was an Adam Sandler movie with Jack Nicholson in it, not a Jack Nicholson movie with Adam Sandler in it, that's the problem. For me, anyway, Sandler's shtick has run out. It was mildly amusing. Good concept, bad execution.

Did anybody watch Celebrity Deathmatch with Adam Sandler vs. Ben Stiller?

F'n hilarity!

It wasn't all horrible. I got a few laughs out of it. I'd never watch it again though, like i've done repeatedly with Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

What can you expect? Jack Nicholson was in it. He sucks anymore. I strain to think of when he was ANY good honestly.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 12 2007, 06:13 PM)
It wasn't all horrible. I got a few laughs out of it. I'd never watch it again though, like i've done repeatedly with Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison.

What can you expect? Jack Nicholson was in it. He sucks anymore. I strain to think of when he was ANY good honestly.

Check out About Schmidt. I know the knock on Jack is that he is great at playing himself in his movies. And make no mistake about it, Anger Management didn't do him any favors. I didn't like the movie, either. Yes, a few laughs, but even when we suspend disbelief (we are entertained), it just doesn't work. The script was horrible. Even if Olivier came back from the dead to star with Meryl Streep, it still would have been a clunker.

Seriously? When he was ANY good?

Five Easy Pieces ?

The Last Detail ?

Chinatown ?

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest ?

Sure, since The Shining he's fell into a bit of a parody of himself, but he's been brilliant in so many movies.

He was really good in About Schmidt.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 12 2007, 09:47 PM)
It wasn't all horrible.  I got a few laughs out of it.  I'd never watch it again though, like i've done repeatedly with Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison. 

What can you expect?  Jack Nicholson was in it.  He sucks anymore.  I strain to think of when he was ANY good honestly.

Seriously? When he was ANY good?

Five Easy Pieces ?

The Last Detail ?

Chinatown ?

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest ?

Sure, since The Shining he's fell into a bit of a parody of himself, but he's been brilliant in so many movies.

He was really good in About Schmidt.

Don't forget As Good As It Gets, A Few Good Men, Boradcast News, The Witches of Eastwick, Prizzi's Honor, Terms of Endearment, Easy Rider, etc. He's one of the very best actors there is IMHO.