Least favorite song?

yyz

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 26 2004, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 26 2004, 09:32 PM)
No way, I love it.  Anagram's very creative and fun to listen to, too.

Yes, I agree! It is one of my favorites on Presto.

I agree as well. I like this tune. I don't press the skip button when this song comes along. no.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 24 2004, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 24 2004, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (yyz @ Nov 24 2004, 02:40 PM)
Dog years lyrics are kind of umm pathetic. laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif They aren't the greatest... confused13.gif LOL.gif

I read somewhere that the lyrics were written to Dog Years during a Neil drinking session. Lol, You can thank Maltus for the inspiration to that one wink.gif

Well, I can believe that, but why not fix it or junk it when sobriety takes over?

Yes, the lyrics ARE silly, but I don't HATE Dog Years.

When I think of least favorite, I think of Tears, but I've come around a little bit on that one. Maybe I've just gotten more sentimental in my advanced age, or as Rivendell would say, I'm just a cat.gif

Actually, I rarely listen to much of the first LP or Caress of Steel, so there are some clunkers there, IMO.

Sorry guys, Lamneth does naught for me, amd Rivendell (the song, not the dude) puts me to sleep. schla03.gif

Ok, here's a least favorite: "Nobody's Hero" has some pretty darn clunky lyrics, as NEP trips over himself to demonstrate he's not gay. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I'm not gay, either. In fact, I sometimes go to parties as a straight minority, and it never seems a threat to my masculinity. It just introduces me to a wider reality. Yes, some of my friends are "different in their sexuality".

Ok, Neil, we GET IT! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Sorry. I just hate "lack of subtlety".

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 27 2004, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (Proggy @ Nov 27 2004, 01:31 PM)

But then, I don't go anywhere near the skip button when I treat myself to a listening to Presto.  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yeah. I think Anagram is a bit unfairly maligned.

I agree, BSG. "Anagram" isn't nearly maligned enough! tongue.gif There aren't enough words to truly convey the horribleness of that song. The lyrics are kinda fun to read, but the song is painful to listen to. It sounds like a complete afterthought, like they said, "Hey, we're mastering to CDs now, we have all this room left...yeah, let's throw something together real quick to take up space on the disc. Hey Neil, you got any leftover lyrics over there?" "Well, I have this word puzzle book I got from the supermarket, I was just doing an anagram puzzle in the bathroom....let me whip something up real fast!"

Did I mention I'm not crazy about "Anagram?" smile.gif

*LOL*

My advice would be: don't pay attention to the lyrics. It works for me everytime! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 27 2004, 03:36 PM)
I dont like "face up" or "you bet your life"

Both are cheezy tunes.

I agree Indica on Bet Your Life 062802puke_prv.gif , but I really like Face Up. Its groovy 653.gif

I have thought that most bands/artists include 'fillers' on their albums. Rush never really seemed to do this, until Presto! ...which is an album full of fillers. laugh.gif

Seriously though, Presto is not a good album by their standards. so much so, I could only sing two songs right now (War Paint and Show Don't Tell)...I have absolutely no idea what the rest of the album is like..I've forgotten... I dumped it 14 years ago. laugh.gif

Maybe I should give it another chance??

QUOTE (Proggy @ Nov 27 2004, 02:33 PM)
*LOL*

My advice would be: don't pay attention to the lyrics. It works for me everytime! laugh.gif

No, that's the point: I can't ignore the lyrics and just listen to the music! Musically, "Anagram" is the lamest song Rush has ever recorded.

I love Dog Years...it's freakin hilarious. Every time I hear it I think of my black lab relentlessly chasing the tennis ball and panting with his tounge lolling out of the side of his mouth while he waits for me to throw it again. tongue.gif

Oh, if only my life was that simple! joker.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 27 2004, 04:25 PM)
I love Dog Years...it's freakin hilarious. Every time I hear it I think of my black lab relentlessly chasing the tennis ball and panting with his tounge lolling out of the side of his mouth while he waits for me to throw it again. tongue.gif
Oh, if only my life was that simple! joker.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif Now everytime I hear that I'll think of my dog joker.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 27 2004, 05:31 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 27 2004, 04:25 PM)
I love Dog Years...it's freakin hilarious.  Every time I hear it I think of my black lab relentlessly chasing the tennis ball and panting with his tounge lolling out of the side of his mouth while he waits for me to throw it again.  tongue.gif
Oh, if only my life was that simple!  joker.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif Now everytime I hear that I'll think of my dog joker.gif

laugh.gif I would if I had a dog. I guess I'll think about my neighbors.

Virtuality is both cheezy and corny musicly and lyricly; that is my opinion.

Dog Years, and Rivendell have taken a surprising amount of hits. I always thought Dog Years was quite witty, and clever.

Gordon Lightfoot is also from Canada, and I always thought Rivendell sounded like a Gordon Lightfoot song. I could just hear him singing "you feel there's something calling you and wanting to return.." Anyway , it is a novel song and I like LOTR , so I cant hate it.

Vital Signs is the older Virtuality...I am easily tired by the music. It is interesting how Neil finds analagies from sough modern things. He does this a again in Vapor Trail, but it is one of my favorites.

Archived