Celebrities

Ru5h F@n

I know I have. When they filmed the movie, "The Changeling", back in 1979, I got to meet George C. Scott. It was strange but cool at the same time. The director said we could watch as long as we didn't bother him. unsure.gif Edited by Ru5h F@n

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Michael Anthony and Eddie Van Halen at a party. They were both pretty cool. I met Eddie Murphy at the premiere of Beverly Hills Cop 2, he was a total jerk, using his body guards to just mow people down. I found he was very prejudiced as to who was willing to meet and greet.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Nov 20 2006, 11:11 PM)
I met Michael Anthony and Eddie Van Halen at a party. They were both pretty cool. I met Eddie Murphy at the premiere of Beverly Hills Cop 2, he was a total jerk, using his body guards to just mow people down. I found he was very prejudiced as to who was willing to meet and greet.

You mean Murphy only talked to you if you were a hot chick with a great rack?

unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 21 2006, 12:14 AM)
I met Michael Anthony and Eddie Van Halen at a party.  They were both pretty cool.  I met Eddie Murphy at the premiere of Beverly Hills Cop 2, he was a total jerk, using his body guards to just mow people down.  I found he was very prejudiced as to who was willing to meet and greet.

unsure.gif

or a transvestite?

unsure.gif

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Nov 21 2006, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 21 2006, 12:14 AM)
I met Michael Anthony and Eddie Van Halen at a party.  They were both pretty cool.  I met Eddie Murphy at the premiere of Beverly Hills Cop 2, he was a total jerk, using his body guards to just mow people down.  I found he was very prejudiced as to who was willing to meet and greet.

unsure.gif

or a transvestite?

unsure.gif

Yeah he loves picking trannies up. Next time Nobody's stuff something down the front of your pants, like a sock or something and Eddie's eyes will light up and you're bound to get some quality tome with him...

tongue.gif

Graig Nettles

David Crosby

Suzanna Hoffs

Tori Amos

Janis Ian

Big Head Todd and the Monsters

Francis Dunnery

... and I passed up opportunities to meet Simple Minds and Elliot Easton (guitarist for The Cars).

I work in radio; that's how I met most of these people.

just tennis players at smaller sized ATP/WTA tournaments: Michael Chang, Jennifer Capriati, Malivai Washington, Aaron Krickstein. (although I think non-tennis fans would have no idea who some/all of those are). I talked to all of them briefly and wished them luck in their matches. Funnily, at one of those tournaments some fans thought my bro was Michael Chang because he had the same build (complete with thick muscular legs) at the time. We noticed some folks staring and could hear some whispering, "I think that's Michael Chang in the white polo. You should get his autograph." My bro's face looked/looks NOTHING like him. They just saw a short Asian guy with muscular legs walking around and thought 'must be Chang'. laugh.gif

Movie Stars:

Martin Sheen, Robert Mitchum, Bruce Dern, Paul Sorvino, Jason Patrick, Jason Miller, Billy Baldwin,

Wrestling:

JUST ABOUT ALL OF THEM. yes.gif Very personal connections with...

Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Chyna, Ivan Putski, Andre the Giant, Ultimate Warrior (TOTAL ASSHOLE yes.gif ), Ric Flair, Jesse "the Body" Ventura, The Samoan Swat Team and Afa, RVD, Tommy Dreamer, prolly more but I can't remember them all. Nash was twice actually. yes.gif

Musicians: I'll try to get this in some kind of order

Ronnie James Dio, All of Bon Jovi, Keel, Krokus, Accept, Ace Frehley, Motley Crue, Blackie Lawless and Chris Holmes of Wasp, The Romantics, Eddie Money, Juan Groucier (Ratt's bass player), Joan Jett's band, Kix, Ben Burley (Breaking Benjamin), Pete Steele and Kenny Hickey and Johnny Kelley of Type O Negative, Jason Newsted,

Comics and Sci Fi:

I'll get back to this. laugh.gif I've forgotten too many. laugh.gif I'm getting old. And really... who cares???

z7shysterical.gif

Robert Palmer, Martha Stewart, Katie Couric, Peter Oosterhuis (PGA Tour player in the 70s and 80s), numerous Phoenix Suns players from the 70s and 80s, Rahm Emanuel, Lester Crown (a Forbes 400 fixture).

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Nov 21 2006, 07:46 PM)
Movie Stars:

Martin Sheen, Robert Mitchum, Bruce Dern, Paul Sorvino, Jason Patrick, Jason Miller, Billy Baldwin,

Wrestling:

JUST ABOUT ALL OF THEM. yes.gif Very personal connections with...

Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, Chyna, Ivan Putski, Andre the Giant, Ultimate Warrior (TOTAL ASSHOLE yes.gif ), Ric Flair, Jesse "the Body" Ventura, The Samoan Swat Team and Afa, RVD, Tommy Dreamer, prolly more but I can't remember them all. Nash was twice actually. yes.gif

Musicians: I'll try to get this in some kind of order

Ronnie James Dio, All of Bon Jovi, Keel, Krokus, Accept, Ace Frehley, Motley Crue, Blackie Lawless and Chris Holmes of Wasp, The Romantics, Eddie Money, Juan Groucier (Ratt's bass player), Joan Jett's band, Kix, Ben Burley (Breaking Benjamin), Pete Steele and Kenny Hickey and Johnny Kelley of Type O Negative, Jason Newsted,

Comics and Sci Fi:

I'll get back to this. laugh.gif I've forgotten too many. laugh.gif I'm getting old. And really... who cares???

z7shysterical.gif

You're such a slut...

ohmy.gif

Who I've met personally:

Sally Kirkland

Jamie King

Leigh Taylor-Young

Art Carney

Hope Davis

Jorma Kaukonen & Jack Casady (Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane)

Danica McKellar (Winnie Cooper on the Wonder Years)

Sky Saxon

Gene Simmons

Paul Stanley

Ozzy Ozbourne

Michael MacDonald (Mad TV)

Whitley Streiber (author)

Alex Gray (artist)

Ram Dass

Have seen close up but didn't meet:

Al Pacino

Jason Patrick

Crispin Glover

Ellen Degeneres & Ann Heche

Reese Witherspoon

Wesley Snipes

Elizabeth Hurley

Kareem Abdul-Jabar

Ben Stiller

Lenny Kravitz

Jeanene Garofalo

Phil Jackson

Ron Howard

I'm sure there are others I forgot. I lived in the L.A. area for several years...

Edited by rushgoober

As a kid me and father would go to the annual HOF game here in Canton.

One year after the game we were heading back to our car we just reached the main gate leaving fawcett stadium, when we heard policemen yell at the crowd to move back. I turned around in time to see the infamous long stogie attached to that old curmudgeon Howard Cosell who proceeded to shove me out of his way along with others who got in his path heading for his limo. Seen many NFL greats up close but never made contact with them.... (Like with Howard) tongue.gif

Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson and a few other minor celebrities not worth mentioning.

I used to work in the broadcasting biz and had several chances to meet with "celebrities". I chose not to as I found most "big names" to be over the top arrogant, cretininous muthaf*ckers who were full of themselves.

Blech! I can't stand people like that.

Geddy & Al were totally cool though. They made me feel quite at ease. Both offered a smile, handshake and a few words. Class act all around.

Just thought of a couple of other one's which were cool to me.(probably not others laugh.gif ) Both encounters involved former Crusader goalies.

The NHL had a series of neutral ice regular season games in 1994,Cleveland had four at the old Richfield Coliseum Me and my buddy went to all of them. The first one we went to was the Hartford Whalers vs St.Louis Blues(kinda sucked Hartford played twice here in neutral site series) Well as usual had my old Crusader jersey on when going back to our seats we passed the Whalers broadcast booth when we heard someone yell out HEY! we looked and there was Hall of Famer and former Bruins and Crusader great Gerry Cheevers pointing at my jersey!

We both ran over to the booth and tried to talk to him but he was on the air, Ran back to the souvenir stand purchased a Bruins puck went back to broadcast booth tried to get his autograph, but this women in booth with headphones on told us no. Gerry was all the time watching us gave a signal for commercial waved the women back and told us to come over signed puck and jersey talked to us a few minutes about his days with the Crusaders and shook our hands before he went back on air. I met Gerry's backup for Crusaders Bob Whidden at a local UHL game here in Canton (Ohio Gears lasted one year) He would've talked the whole game with me but his wife told him it was time to go! another nice guy. smile.gif

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 21 2006, 05:38 AM)
Graig Nettles
David Crosby
Suzanna Hoffs
Tori Amos
Janis Ian
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Francis Dunnery
... and I passed up opportunities to meet Simple Minds and Elliot Easton (guitarist for The Cars).

I work in radio; that's how I met most of these people.

Very cool!

Martin Gelina (former Calgary Flame)

When I was going to TO he was sitting a row back on the plane...then after we were like...hey...can I have a pic? and then he started talking to us for like 5 mins! that was cool.

Next year- Ann and Nancy Wilson

I have a meet and greet all set up biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 22 2006, 12:30 PM)
Just thought of a couple of other one's which were cool to me.(probably not others laugh.gif ) Both encounters involved former Crusader goalies.
The NHL had a series of neutral ice regular season games in 1994,Cleveland had four at the old Richfield Coliseum Me and my buddy went to all of them. The first one we went to was the Hartford Whalers vs St.Louis Blues(kinda sucked Hartford played twice here in neutral site series) Well as usual had my old Crusader jersey on when going back to our seats we passed the Whalers broadcast booth when we heard someone yell out HEY! we looked and there was Hall of Famer and former Bruins and Crusader great Gerry Cheevers pointing at my jersey!
We both ran over to the booth and tried to talk to him but he was on the air, Ran back to the souvenir stand purchased a Bruins puck went back to broadcast booth tried to get his autograph, but this women in booth with headphones on told us no. Gerry was all the time watching us gave a signal for commercial waved the women back and told us to come over signed puck and jersey talked to us a few minutes about his days with the Crusaders and shook our hands before he went back on air. I met Gerry's backup for Crusaders Bob Whidden at a local UHL game here in Canton (Ohio Gears lasted one year) He would've talked the whole game with me but his wife told him it was time to go! another nice guy. smile.gif

Awesome!

I had a poster of Cheevers' famous "stitch face" mask when I was a kid.

Was never a Bruins fan but always liked watching Cheevers between the pipes.

I remember the old Cleveland Crusaders too, my dad took us to a couple of Calgary Cowboys games once. One of the games was the Crusaders, the other was the Cinncinati Stingers. Both Ohio WHA entries.