Darabont doesn't think 'Indy 4' will happen

Jack Aubrey

Interesting to consider the track records of the filmmakers who are/were involved.

Darabont - Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile

Spielberg - need I say more?

Lucas - three words: Howard the Duck

That being said, I would venture that if Lucas hadn't axed Darabont's script, not only would the movie have been made by now, but it would have probably been considered the best Indiana Jones film ever. Now, if it does get made, it probably won't be any better than Temple of Doom.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 21 2007, 07:16 AM)
What is the DEAL with George Lucas?  angry.gif

IMO, his success with American Graffiti, the first Star Wars trilogy, and Raiders inflated his ego to the point that he thinks only he knows what is quality film making.

Consider everything afterward. We know Howard the Duck was garbage. Tucker was supposed to be good, but it ended up being boring. Young Sherlock Holmes was a bust. The Star Wars prequel trilogy seemed to be a victim of lazy writing and directing. So many times, it seemed to me that George just said, 'I know Anakin turns evil, but I can't think of a good reason why, so I'll just hack together a reason.'

So now he thinks that only he knows what is a good story for Indy 4? Ridiculous.

Maybe Darabont should take his Indy 4 script, change some characters and situations, and remake it as another film.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Mar 21 2007, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 21 2007, 07:16 AM)
What is the DEAL with George Lucas?  angry.gif

IMO, his success with American Graffiti, the first Star Wars trilogy, and Raiders inflated his ego to the point that he thinks only he knows what is quality film making.

Consider everything afterward. We know Howard the Duck was garbage. Tucker was supposed to be good, but it ended up being boring. Young Sherlock Holmes was a bust. The Star Wars prequel trilogy seemed to be a victim of lazy writing and directing. So many times, it seemed to me that George just said, 'I know Anakin turns evil, but I can't think of a good reason why, so I'll just hack together a reason.'

So now he thinks that only he knows what is a good story for Indy 4? Ridiculous.

Maybe Darabont should take his Indy 4 script, change some characters and situations, and remake it as another film.

George Lucas is a hack, all you have to do is watch the first three episodes of the Star Wars series to realize it. The guy can't direct or produce a decent movie to save his life, he's all ego.

Why the hell are they making another Indiana Jones movie, anyway? Like The Beatles said, "Let it Be!"