BILL AND TED'S MOST EXCELLENT AND

RUSHHEAD666

I know these two films are TOTALLY outdated but over the last couple of nights my wife and I sat through them again.

It's been years since I saw these flicks.

The strange thing was the end of Bogus Adventure when the Steve Vai guitar intro goes right into the KISS cover/sequel to GOD GAVE ROCK N ROLL TO YOU! Didn't ARGENT write the original?

Lot's of Vai in the soundtrack. Faith No More was also huge.

Oh yeah, and how can I forget to bring up PRIMUS again? A band that many on here hate, or could give a crap about. Yes, PRIMUS plays "Tommy The Cat" in the Battle of the Bands segment. "Say baby do you want to lay with me, say baby?" New "best of" cd and new live dvd hit the stores tomorrow! SWEET! Nice to see that the PRIMUS thread was pulled for fighting. Heck I was away this weekend. Now what went wrong?

Anyway there was a cool "Iron Maiden" reference in the first flick and a nice "Megadeth" line in the next movie.

I think even Slaughter has a song on the BOGUS ADVENTURE.

So I won't ramble on as I am willing to bet that most people on here HATE the "Bill and Ted's" movies. Yet I hope I am not the only one on here who digs these old yet cool cult classics. Oh yeah and by the way, I hate Keanu Reeves, but I like him in these two flicks!

"Don't Fear the Reaper" boys and girls. Someday your time will come too.

Sincerely,

Eric Bloom

I love the first flick, but not so much on the second - although Death has some funny lines and steals the show, and the robots have some funny lines as well, the second movie also features those two trolls ("Station!") which look like they belong in a Jim Henson movie.

The first movie was great and very quotable in its day. I agree about Keanu Reeves: I think he's the worst actor we have in America, but he's good as Ted - probably because the character wasn't a stretch for him to play.

Yeah, I think there's a Slaughter song in the second movie. And don't forget Extreme's "Play With Me" in the first movie, complete with Nuno's two-handed tapping solo; the song is playing while the historical characters are running amuck in the mall.

wub.gif i LOVED the 1st flick

ahhh the 2nd one was alright confused13.gif

Napoleon was a short dead dude laugh.gif

and how they got all Philosophical to get to SO-Crates z7shysterical.gif

and we cant forget MR. The Kid laugh.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Oct 17 2006, 12:35 PM)
Napoleon was a short dead dude laugh.gif

Cesaer was a 'salad dressing dude.'

Joan of Arc is Noah's wife.

and how they got all Philosophical to get to SO-Crates  z7shysterical.gif

"All we are... is dust in the wind, dude."

"So-Crates, watch your robe, dude."

In the first film all of Bill and Ted's "magic air guitar bursts" are provided by Stevie Salas.

And of course in the second one they were very obviously played by Steve Vai...

I actually thought the second film was funnier...

Edited by GeddyRulz

There is a Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Collection box set out. It came out a a year ago. It comes with a third dvd entitled "Non Bogus Disc." It has the making of documentary, it talks about the cartoon series that I guess bombed, but more importantly there is an exclusive Steve Vai interview on the dvd as well!

Good stuff.

Quite a most excellent disc!

Earl

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 17 2006, 09:19 PM)
There is a Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Collection box set out. It came out a a year ago. It comes with a third dvd entitled "Non Bogus Disc." It has the making of documentary, it talks about the cartoon series that I guess bombed, but more importantly there is an exclusive Steve Vai interview on the dvd as well!

Good stuff.

Earl

Most triumphant and non-heinous.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 18 2006, 04:22 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 17 2006, 09:19 PM)
There is a Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Collection box set out.  It came out a a year ago.  It comes with a third dvd entitled "Non Bogus Disc."  It has the making of documentary, it talks about the cartoon series that I guess bombed, but more importantly there is an exclusive Steve Vai interview on the dvd as well!

Good stuff.

Earl

Most triumphant and non-heinous.

I own it and it is indeed totally non-heinous

Be excellent to each other.

I loved that movie. The sequel was good as well. unsure.gif

Present Bill And Ted: "If you are really us then what number are we thinking of?"

Future Bill And Ted: "69 Dudes!"

Present Bill And Ted: "Whoa."

I heard that they might do a 3rd movie. It would most likely be direct to video. But if there's no Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, or George Carlin, it ain't worth it. Edited by progrush2112