The Saw Thread

deadwing2112

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I like them yes.gif I prefer the first one to the second one. I look forward to checking out what's in store for part 3.

i liked them.

i personnally think THAT would be good pay per view for convicted, molesters, rapists, etc.

i absolutely loved the first one. i thought it was brilliant. it gripped me right from the very beginning, and didn't let me go until the mind-blowing, totally brilliant ending. probably just about my favorite ending in a horror/thriller, not just because of the big twist but because pretty much every OTHER element of the ending was done perfectly too, and it's just so chilling!

the second one was a bit mediocre. it was a nice continuation of the second one, but it had way too many [underdeveloped] characters, not the best acting (you could argue that the acting wasn't top notch in the first one either but i actually really liked the acting in it, especially Adam, he was great), and a way too over-done plot-line. the ending was also kinda lame compared to the first one.

i think the third one looks awesome though! i duno, i wouldn't be surprised if it's not even as good as the second, but by the preview it looks freakin awesome. looks like it went in a darker direction than the first two. more strange rooms and creepy traps, as opposed to the second one which just took place in that house which was old, yes, but seemed fairly well-lit and wasn't all that creepy. and it focuses on like 2 main characters who are being put through the tests, as opposed to flippin 8 which bothered me in the first one. it focused more on the scale of the traps then actual plot and character development, but it looks like the third one doesn't do that.

i doubt it'll top the original, but it looks like it may be a happy medium between the first two. i still liked the second one enough that if the third one is any better than it at all i'll enjoy it a lot.

Edited by Freedom_Fighter

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Oct 16 2006, 04:11 PM)
Saw 1 was a really great movie.
Saw 2 sucked really bad imho.
Saw 3 looks sweet. But it could be really bad.

Anyone else like these movies?

I won't see them. They look creepy and evil.

I guess a lot of people like that as horror movies seem to do quite well these days. I really dug them up until my early-mid teens, and then I lost interest...

I recorded the first one when it came out on pay per view...Loved it.

Second one I bought on DVD...didn't care for it. I thought it just became any run of the mill horror flick then, and that the plot was missing the edge that the first one had.

I thought the first one was so killer because you get into the characters better since they are the dominant feature of the film....why are they chained to this bathroom?

One element that floored me while watching the first one wa the chick with the conna-bear trap mechanism in her mouth.....

I had broken my jaw and was watching the movie while I had it wired shut....I could taste and feel all that metal in my mouth and i was actually quite uncomfortable during that scene. laugh.gif

BTW, I just watched SAW1 again last friday...still love it.

Hope 3 is like 1, but I'm afraid it'll be like 2, and if it is, I won't like it much.

we already know that it's focusing on less people though, more of the "1 or two people trapped in a room" type stuff as opposed to "8 underdeveloped characters in a giant house" so i think it will be a lot closer to the first one then the second one. although i'm guessing it'll probably turn out to be quite a bit different than either. it looks like it'll be about the darkest one of the series, and i can't wait to see it. Edited by Freedom_Fighter

I like all of the Saw films, and I'm especially psyched for the newest installment. Especially that part with the chains and the bomb.

I watched the first one and loved it. Then I watched the first one again, and only mildly enjoyed it... I have #2 sitting here and it's waiting to be watched, but I'm afraid it will be a waste of 2 hours. We will see.

i was dissapointed with Saw 3....I went to the midnight showing on opening night...all it was was a gory movie..they didnt add the cool storyline like they did in the last 2...and the twist was nothing..when they told it to me and the movie ended i was like..wheres the twist? ehh it wasnt a horrible movie but not near as good as the first 2.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 29 2006, 10:58 PM)
Never seen any of them, are they more psychological thrillers or slasher flicks?

unsure.gif

Saw 1 is a psychological thriller...an AWESOME one at that, one of my favorites.

Saw 2 is still a psychological thriller, but was beginning to morph into a gore fest....

Saw 3 not sure, because I refuse to see a movie in the theater.

But it is starting to sound like it completes the morph that was started in 2.

yea Saw is far from a slasher flick.

it's definitely a psychological thriller, and a brilliant one. the first one anyway, the second one wasn't amazing but it was still pretty good, but the first one flippin pwned.

can't wait to see the third. i've been hearing both good and bad but i figured i'll like it no matter what just cuz it's Saw.

went to #3 tonight with my nephew

I must be gettin old cuz these movies are

just gettin wayy too gory for me ph34r.gif

Storyline...ahhh it was alright. I did see 1 & 2..

and still had to ask "who the f**k is that"

by the looks & from what my nephews buddy said

#4 should be out next yr wacko.gif

ohh and i THINK the chik that plays "meadow" on the Sopranos

is in #3?

I could be wrong, but it did sound like her & kinda sorta looked like her.

& if it WAS her...mannn she musta had some face work cuz shes lookin

nasty to me unsure.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Oct 31 2006, 01:36 AM)
went to #3 tonight with my nephew
I must be gettin old cuz these movies are
just gettin wayy too gory for me ph34r.gif

Storyline...ahhh it was alright. I did see 1 & 2..
and still had to ask "who the f**k is that"
by the looks & from what my nephews buddy said
#4 should be out next yr wacko.gif

ohh and i THINK the chik that plays "meadow" on the Sopranos
is in #3?
I could be wrong, but it did sound like her & kinda sorta looked like her.
& if it WAS her...mannn she musta had some face work cuz shes lookin
nasty to me unsure.gif

I like the chick out of The Sopranos that used to go out with Christopher till she got iced...