"Get it no matter how much" albums?

Slime

Which albums, collections, box sets or compilations are so good that you feel any price is worth paying to get them?

Think that $30 before tax is a fair price for Dark Side of the Moon? Maybe a Cure album really is worth $22 before tax. Whatever the album is, it better be great to fetch such a high price. Be sure to clarify whether you are using American or Canadian dollars (or something else, I don't mind...I'll just convert the stuff myself)

QUOTE (Slime @ Sep 14 2006, 05:27 AM)
oh crap....wrong forum

That's what I thought. tongue.gif

Moved to MOTS.

In-print single-or-double disc studio albums are never worth exccessive amounts of money. Even if it's something like The Queen is Dead, or OK Computer, definitely don't pay too much for it. Look for a used copy somewhere, and in the meantime download it.

Box sets though, and Deluxe reissues, you could make a case for.

I will not pay more than $20 for a single CD, and even at that I'm still sorta stretching a lot of things -- generally my budget -- to fork over $20 for a CD. I don't think any single CD -- not even a Rush album -- would be worth paying more than that for, unless there was omething special about it (signed by band members, so on and so forth).

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Sep 20 2006, 09:23 PM)
The Wall definitely. The same with The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Quadrophenia and many other classic 2-CD studio efforts.

I disagree...I paid $30 for my Quadrophenia, and that's way too much.

Rush in Rio and Different Stages were under $20, and they're freaking triple albums. I don't see why Quadrophenia and the Wall have to still be so expensive.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Sep 20 2006, 09:04 PM)
I will not pay more than $20 for a single CD, and even at that I'm still sorta stretching a lot of things -- generally my budget -- to fork over $20 for a CD. I don't think any single CD -- not even a Rush album -- would be worth paying more than that for, unless there was omething special about it (signed by band members, so on and so forth).

goodpost.gif

I concur. Ultimatelty, what's important is music, and even at 20 dollars, that's a gross mark up for a CD.

Let's be honest, I've bought de-luxe "Dog's Bollocks" special edition packs in the past, filed them away and did nothing more than listen to the music.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 16 2006, 02:25 AM)
The new Crowes release for me; The Lost Sessions. Even though i have them downloaded, i'd pay alot for them in proper packaging, properly remixed and mastered etc...

That's a must have in my book yes.gif

trink39.gif

Archived