Bad Songs Hall of Fame

Kid_Gloves

I like Ballroom Blitz. Maybe because they use it in a good Body Combat track.

I like Love Story. Probably my favorite Taylor Swift song.

I like The Final Countdown A LOT. I would like to see it played live someday.

I like Friends in Low Places. Great drinking song. And yes, my classmates and I drank to it once at a pub.

Home Sweet Home is a good song for a funeral. But I do not dislike it in any way. I just think it is a good song for a funeral.

I like Here Comes the Hotstepper. And I got a Feeling.

But Party in the USA I truly cannot stand. I do not know what makes that song so darn annoying. But it truly grates my ears.

Worst Rush song is "In the Mood". But it is generic rather than being truly offensive. Any of the artists mentioned in this post and thread could sing it interchangeably.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 30 2011, 04:32 PM)
And I might have to check out this "Lupe Fiasco" person.
Except that he apparently released a track for New Moon's soundtrack. =|

So? Muse made a song for one of the movies, yet it doesn't change the fact that Origin of Symmetry is a great album.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jan 30 2011, 04:32 PM)
I can try to forgive and forget, though, and check out his stuff.

Go buy/download/listen to Lupe Fiasco's the Cool, you won't be disappointed. Also, read the Wikipedia article on it, which will explain some of the background of the record.

QUOTE (IChoseFreeWill @ Jan 30 2011, 10:48 PM)
I like The Final Countdown A LOT. I would like to see it played live someday.

Seen Europe two times. They're an amazing live band and far from any "hair metal" attitude today. Don't miss them if you get the chance to see them.

And I totally agree with your choice of "worst rush song". Inches below "You Bet Your Life" and "Bravado".

"Like a G6" by Far East Movement. Is the bane of my life at the moment.

I work in a video editing studio where we have a radio tuned to a crappy dance station that plays this little turd of a song every hour. I'm just a lowly pixel pusher so I don't get to choose what we listen to.

Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Tack on the fact that it's an internet meme and that the music video has some of the worst lip-synching ever, and... yeah.

Archived