Injuries!

Slacker

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 19 2006, 01:02 PM)
I thought I remembered an injuries thread...

I broke my arm on Sunday roller skating with my son, just in time for Christmas. angry.gif I've got a cast from my left shoulder down to my hand. At least I'm right-handed, but still...

Waaahhhh!

Hey! It only took me ten minutes to type this post. Oy.

here's to hopin you heal fast GG!!!

heart.gif rose.gif heart.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 30 2006, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (Trance @ Aug 30 2006, 08:18 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Trance1/fusion.jpg

Holy shit, that's bad!! scared.gif I hope you can get that fixed.

I hope I don't jinx this but luckily, I've never had any broken bones or fractures. Sometimes I get paper cuts and bruises from bumping into something but that's really it.

That looks bloody nasty!!

I was going to complain about my lower back strain, bruised right knee and sore face (from tripping & falling the other day)......but after seeing that photo.....I actually feel pretty good now.

QUOTE (yetz @ Dec 19 2006, 04:03 PM)
My wifes' back has this!!!

http://www.spine-health.com/images/scolarticle/22.jpg

062802puke_prv.gif

that looks painful.....

QUOTE (yetz @ Dec 19 2006, 05:03 PM)

bekloppt.gif Yetzo, yeah it's me smile.gif

Artificial disc, I was going to hold out and wait for that, but I had my fusion 2 years ago and at that time there were only a few surgeons doing it and it wasn't really FDA in the US yet. But alas I couldn't wait and opted for the screws and bolts laugh.gif

How you doin' over there in Mitsu land?

QUOTE (Trance @ Dec 19 2006, 05:46 PM)

Artificial disc, I was going to hold out and wait for that, but I had my fusion 2 years ago and at that time there were only a few surgeons doing it and it wasn't really FDA in the US yet. But alas I couldn't wait and opted for the screws and bolts laugh.gif

Thought that wuz you Sar.

Becky was the first person in NC to get the disc surgery and she's doing GREAT!!! She was walking the next day which her rehab nurse couldn't believe!!!

The only thing that scares me if the disc could come off track, and if it did would becky just mushroom like an accordian??? Kinda' gross, but it makes me wonder. You wouldn't believe her if you saw her either. Down 85 lbs as well!!! Still a warden though beathorse.gif

QUOTE (yetz @ Dec 19 2006, 07:47 PM)

Thought that wuz you Sar.

Becky was the first person in NC to get the disc surgery and she's doing GREAT!!! She was walking the next day which her rehab nurse couldn't believe!!!

The only thing that scares me if the disc could come off track, and if it did would becky just mushroom like an accordian??? Kinda' gross, but it makes me wonder. You wouldn't believe her if you saw her either. Down 85 lbs as well!!! Still a warden though beathorse.gif

If the disc were to come loose she would probably just experience a lot of pain, I don't think it would ever come so loose as to completely slip out of the disc space. I just graduated from x-ray school so I've seen quite a bit of people with screws and things in their backs, some loose, some not laugh.gif

I'm glad she is doing well! They had me walking the same day of my surgery, to the bathroom and back was all though. They try to do that, it makes the back heal quicker in a way I guess.

How are the rugrats?

I need to get over there and shout at you all, it's been awhile smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 19 2006, 01:02 PM)
I thought I remembered an injuries thread...

I broke my arm on Sunday roller skating with my son, just in time for Christmas. angry.gif I've got a cast from my left shoulder down to my hand. At least I'm right-handed, but still...

Waaahhhh!

Hey!  It only took me ten minutes to type this post.  Oy.

I've got a cast from my left shoulder down to my hand

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/bobwire/fest23.gif

here's to a speedy recovery, GG trink39.gif

Sorry to learn of your nasty injury GhostGirl but hope that you have a great Christmas all the same cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif

Banned Again!!!

Those of you who have had successful back surgery are lucky. I have 5 herniated discs and was a medical assistant for an orthopedic surgeon. There are many more unsuccessful surgeries than ones that turn out well which is why I will deal with my pain on a daily basis instead of having surgery. Kudos to all of us who deal with pain on a daily basis.

This cast is getting annoying. It's been on for 3 days.

Oh, jeez.

I will never take having two good, useable hands/arms for granted again. eh.gif

Thanks again for the well wishes...I'm sorry to everyone else dealing with chronic pain. sad.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 20 2006, 08:03 PM)
This cast is getting annoying. It's been on for 3 days.

Oh, jeez.

I will never take having two good, useable hands/arms for granted again. eh.gif

Thanks again for the well wishes...I'm sorry to everyone else dealing with chronic pain. sad.gif

Hang in there GG the time will go by BTW how long did they say you need the cast for ?

QUOTE (yetz @ Dec 20 2006, 12:22 PM)

Banned Again!!!

Booo! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I have a ton of burns now, because I'm no good at taking trays out of the oven, even with mitts on. I look like I put my hand on a grill; there's little lines all over... OUCH!!!!

Archived