My Kids Sports Escapades

Necromancer

Woke up this morning and grabbed the Sunday paper. I was looking forward to the High School Football Preview sub-section as opening day is next week. We take our High School Football pretty seriously around here. I think only Texas and Florida have more attendance statewide than Pa.

So anyway, I get to the West Scranton preview. Here it is:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k35/necro44rf/justinspaper3.jpg

That baby-faced behemoth pictured there is MY son, Justin. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

He's a senior lineman this year and will be playing BOTH ways for the WEST SCRANTON INVADERS. yes.gif

Elsewhere in the paper, they listed the top prospects in the area. Justin was included among the ten mentioned. yes.gif He's been getting early interest from a few colleges already.

Last season I had my other son Kenny's, Fordham thread. This season I'm gonna combine both of them along with my daughter's cheerleading into one thread to brag about them. laugh.gif

Hope you don't mind my blogging/bragging about my kids here. Anyone who wants to join in with pics and stories of their kids as it relates to SPORTS, feel free to join in. That's what this is all about. yes.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great idea for a thread. Bloody brilliant, I say!

Big congrats for your son Justin making headlines. From the picture I don't think I would want to be lining up opposite him. Here's hoping he has a great season.

I don't have anything to report on my two youngsters, but hope others come in here and keep this thread going.

cool.gif

Schro

QUOTE (Schro @ Aug 27 2006, 04:34 PM)
What a great idea for a thread.  Bloody brilliant, I say!

Big congrats for your son Justin making headlines.  From the picture I don't think I would want to be lining up opposite him.  Here's hoping he has a great season.

I don't have anything to report on my two youngsters, but hope others come in here and keep this thread going.

cool.gif

Schro

Thanks Shro. Glad you like it. yes.gif

Sports are one of the best things a parent can engage in with their kids. Whether a child is athletically gifted or not. The time spent together is beyond compare in my eyes. I've been extremely gifted in that my three sons have all been quite exceptional in football. My oldest, Kenny Jr. was all state defensively at strong safety, and though not officially recognized, one of the best running backs this city's ever seen. He wound up getting a full ride to Fordham University as a Fullback. yes.gif

This season he'll be the no. 2 guy on the roster and will be spelling both the fullback and tailback as well as a member of special teams.

My youngest son Damian, unfortunately had his career nipped in the bud because of a rare ligiment disease with a name I can barely pronounce, nevermind spell. laugh.gif Basically his ligiments are too weak. He should grow out of it, but it will be too late for football anyway. He had shown great promise on defense as well. Right now he's not too athletic in any official capactity, but he's becoming highly interested in outdoor activities.

My daughter is in her first year of A squad cheerleading. Her squad has been one of the best in the conference year after year. I'll be reporting on her competitions as well. yes.gif cheer.gif

Thanks JB. He grew like crazy over the last summer. He shed a TON of baby fat and gained a lot of new muscle in the offseason. I talked to his coach and he said he was extremely proud of him and that Justin is one of the team leaders. I was quite proud. He's come a long way. yes.gif

I can't believe how solid and strong he got. scared.gif laugh.gif

The team is expected to do very well. They have an amazing quarterback and with Justin and a few other behemoths blocking for him on the pass, they should do quite well. I wish he and my other son, Kenny could have played on the same team at the same time. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 27 2006, 01:32 PM)
Woke up this morning and grabbed the Sunday paper. I was looking forward to the High School Football Preview sub-section as opening day is next week. We take our High School Football pretty seriously around here. I think only Texas and Florida have more attendance statewide than Pa.

So anyway, I get to the West Scranton preview. Here it is:

That baby-faced behemoth pictured there is MY son, Justin. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

He's a senior lineman this year and will be playing BOTH ways for the WEST SCRANTON INVADERS. yes.gif

Elsewhere in the paper, they listed the top prospects in the area. Justin was included among the ten mentioned. yes.gif He's been getting early interest from a few colleges already.

Last season I had my other son Kenny's, Fordham thread. This season I'm gonna combine both of them along with my daughter's cheerleading into one thread to brag about them. laugh.gif

Hope you don't mind my blogging/bragging about my kids here. Anyone who wants to join in with pics and stories of their kids as it relates to SPORTS, feel free to join in. That's what this is all about. yes.gif

biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Ken, I just ran across this thread!

You must be one proud papa yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 28 2006, 08:49 AM)
Thanks JB. He grew like crazy over the last summer. He shed a TON of baby fat and gained a lot of new muscle in the offseason. I talked to his coach and he said he was extremely proud of him and that Justin is one of the team leaders. I was quite proud. He's come a long way. yes.gif

I can't believe how solid and strong he got. scared.gif laugh.gif

The team is expected to do very well. They have an amazing quarterback and with Justin and a few other behemoths blocking for him on the pass, they should do quite well. I wish he and my other son, Kenny could have played on the same team at the same time. yes.gif

I'm only asking because I look at the world through blue and silver glasses. Does he wear 73 because of Larry Allen?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 28 2006, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 28 2006, 08:49 AM)
Thanks JB.  He grew like crazy over the last summer.  He shed a TON of baby fat and gained a lot of new muscle in the offseason.  I talked to his coach and he said he was extremely proud of him and that Justin is one of the team leaders.  I was quite proud.  He's come a long way.  yes.gif 

I can't believe how solid and strong he got.  scared.gif  laugh.gif 

The team is expected to do very well.  They have an amazing quarterback and with Justin and a few other behemoths blocking for him on the pass, they should do quite well.  I wish he and my other son, Kenny could have played on the same team at the same time.  yes.gif

I'm only asking because I look at the world through blue and silver glasses. Does he wear 73 because of Larry Allen?

nope. just the number they gave him three years ago when he made the varsity for the first time. He's stuck with it.

Wow Kenny!

how f*ckin cool!

U must be walkin around with

a Perm-A-smile! http://canalgame.com/foros/images/smilies/toothy.gif

That is cool stuff, man.

My nephew played center last year in 7th grade football. I'm not sure if he will be playing again this year, but I hope so. I'm pretty sure my brother in law will be cajoling him to do so, but not forcing him.

My daughter got to play soccer for the first time last spring. It sounds like she had loads of fun. I hope she keeps doing things like that.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Aug 29 2006, 07:02 AM)
That is cool stuff, man.

My nephew played center last year in 7th grade football. I'm not sure if he will be playing again this year, but I hope so. I'm pretty sure my brother in law will be cajoling him to do so, but not forcing him.

My daughter got to play soccer for the first time last spring. It sounds like she had loads of fun. I hope she keeps doing things like that.

Nothing better than sports for kids, in my opinion. Keep her interested in it. yes.gif

My daughter cheerleads. She's very into it. I can't believe the athleticism involved. She didn't get into actual sports, but I think cheerleading is just as hard. yes.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Aug 28 2006, 01:52 PM)
Woke up this morning and grabbed the Sunday paper.  I was looking forward to the High School Football Preview sub-section as opening day is next week.  We take our High School Football pretty seriously around here.  I think only Texas and Florida have more attendance statewide than Pa. 

So anyway, I get to the West Scranton preview.  Here it is: 

That baby-faced behemoth pictured there is MY son, Justin.  yes.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 

He's a senior lineman this year and will be playing BOTH ways for the WEST SCRANTON INVADERS.  yes.gif 

Elsewhere in the paper, they listed the top prospects in the area.  Justin was included among the ten mentioned.  yes.gif  He's been getting early interest from a few colleges already. 

Last season I had my other son Kenny's, Fordham thread.  This season I'm gonna combine both of them along with my daughter's cheerleading into one thread to brag about them.  laugh.gif 

Hope you don't mind my blogging/bragging about my kids here.  Anyone who wants to join in with pics and stories of their kids as it relates to SPORTS, feel free to join in.  That's what this is all about.  yes.gif

YEP!!! I am. Thanks Lin. yes.gif

They're all good students too. I have the normal kid stuff problems, but basically, none of them have ever been a "bad" kid. YET. scared.gif

I still have a pre-teen daughter to worry about. laugh.gif

Woke up this morning and grabbed the Sunday paper.  I was looking forward to the High School Football Preview sub-section as opening day is next week.  We take our High School Football pretty seriously around here.  I think only Texas and Florida have more attendance statewide than Pa. 

That baby-faced behemoth pictured there is MY son, Justin.  yes.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 

He's a senior lineman this year and will be playing BOTH ways for the WEST SCRANTON INVADERS.  yes.gif 

Elsewhere in the paper, they listed the top prospects in the area.  Justin was included among the ten mentioned.  yes.gif  He's been getting early interest from a few colleges already. 

Last season I had my other son Kenny's, Fordham thread.  This season I'm gonna combine both of them along with my daughter's cheerleading into one thread to brag about them.  laugh.gif 

Hope you don't mind my blogging/bragging about my kids here.  Anyone who wants to join in with pics and stories of their kids as it relates to SPORTS, feel free to join in.  That's what this is all about.  yes.gif

They're all good students too. I have the normal kid stuff problems, but basically, none of them have ever been a "bad" kid. YET. scared.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 1 2006, 04:08 PM)

You have raised them well, Ken yes.gif

Pre-teen daughter....Good Luck laugh.gif wink.gif

Seriously, I think she'll be fine, with a good dad like you, and CeeJ to guide her through this time yes.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 1 2006, 04:08 PM)

You have raised them well, Ken yes.gif

Pre-teen daughter....Good Luck laugh.gif wink.gif

Seriously, I think she'll be fine, with a good dad like you, and CeeJ to guide her through this time yes.gif smile.gif

edited, because it seems that your post, and mine are double posts confused13.gif

Archived