Led Zeppelin

D-13

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 5 2006, 04:07 AM)
Twenty-five cents. Yeah, that's probably what I paid at a garage sale four or five years ago.
Now what did I do with it? tongue.gif

BMG music club has "buy one, get three free" this month, so I ordered four LZ albums. My collection now only lacks:
Led Zeppelin 1
Led Zeppelin 3
In Through the Out Door
Coda

EDIT: But I also own "Remasters," with the biggest songs from those albums.

ohmy.gif You MUST get I, III and ITTOD

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Sep 7 2006, 06:40 PM)
Twenty-five cents.  Yeah, that's probably what I paid at a garage sale four or five years ago. 
Now what did I do with it?  tongue.gif

BMG music club has "buy one, get three free" this month, so I ordered four LZ albums.  My collection now only lacks:
Led Zeppelin 1
Led Zeppelin 3
In Through the Out Door
Coda

EDIT:  But I also own "Remasters," with the biggest songs from those albums.

I will, I will! One thing at a time... ! wink.gif

As I said, I just bought four Led Zeppelin albums. Should I have made it seven??? Who's gonna pay for them all?

CHEERS TO LED ZEP!

In thru the outdoor was one of the first albums I studied as a young drummer. Incredibly awesome band. Definately important to rock music and metal. I've never heard any band more imitated than zep, by a long shot.

Jimmy Page and Plant recorded at a local studio in detroit (where my band recorded recently) and they just plugged in: no excuses, no expensive gear, no attitudes, just an sm58 and a fender twin reverb. That's what I call professional!

Zeppelin deserves every penny they ever made. Too bad Bonham had to leave b4 his time...

QUOTE (the_masked_drummer @ Sep 10 2006, 04:09 PM)
CHEERS TO LED ZEP!
In thru the outdoor was one of the first albums I studied as a young drummer. Incredibly awesome band. Definately important to rock music and metal. I've never heard any band more imitated than zep, by a long shot.
Jimmy Page and Plant recorded at a local studio in detroit (where my band recorded recently)  and they just plugged in: no excuses, no expensive gear, no attitudes, just an sm58 and a fender twin reverb. That's what I call professional!
Zeppelin deserves every penny they ever made. Too bad Bonham had to leave b4 his time...

goodpost.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Sep 10 2006, 08:20 PM)
I can't stand Stairway anymore

i'm kinda getting bored of the studio version...BUT the TSRTS version ROCKS HARD! biggrin.gif trink39.gif But I still love the studio version!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 8 2006, 06:24 AM)
Twenty-five cents.  Yeah, that's probably what I paid at a garage sale four or five years ago. 

BMG music club has "buy one, get three free" this month, so I ordered four LZ albums.  My collection now only lacks:
Led Zeppelin 1
Led Zeppelin 3
In Through the Out Door
Coda

As I said, I just bought four Led Zeppelin albums. Should I have made it seven??? Who's gonna pay for them all?

Hey, Christmas is in a couple of months, put them on your gift list!!!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (tyranny @ Sep 11 2006, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 8 2006, 06:24 AM)

Led Zeppelin 1
Led Zeppelin 3
In Through the Out Door
Coda

Hey, Christmas is in a couple of months, put them on your gift list!!!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

*wringing hands* That is my plan... MWAHAHAHA!

I just finished the hardcover of "Hammer of the God." It's missing a "bonus chapter" or two which I remember from reading the paperback a few years ago. Still good. (Now I'm reading "Got a Revolution: The Turbulent Flight of Jefferson Airplane.")

Anxiously waiting for my Zep CDs to arrive from BMG Music Club! biggrin.gif

dazed025.gif People, people, people! This thread became buried on page two, about halfway down! A page-and-a-half from the top? That can't happen again! At least keep it active enough to keep it on the first page, people!

bumper.gif

Still anxiously waiting for my Zep CDs from my music club; I'm checking the mailbox daily and obsessively.

I found the quote from Hammer of the Gods where author Stephen Davis disses Rush.

This isn't in the hardcover; only the paperback reissue:

When The Firm incorporated itself for its American tour, Jimmy Page sat for a series of interviews, the first he had granted for years.  All the interviewers wanted to know Page's views on Heavy Metal music, which in the 1980s had succeeded rock & roll as the preferred music of the rebellious American adolescent.  "We were never a heavy metal band," Page said, referring to the departed Zeppelin.  "We were hard rock - although we may have had areas which were what is called Heavy Metal."  Asked which Metal bands he admired, Page singled out the dreaded Canadian group Rush for particular praise.

Obviously, Page likes (or liked) Rush, saying he "admired" them and giving them "particular praise." But the author Stephen Davis throws in the dig that Rush are to be "dreaded." Not Page's words, but Davis's.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 17 2006, 10:00 AM)
I found the quote from Hammer of the Gods where author Stephen Davis disses Rush. 

When The Firm incorporated itself for its American tour, Jimmy Page sat for a series of interviews, the first he had granted for years.  All the interviewers wanted to know Page's views on Heavy Metal music, which in the 1980s had succeeded rock & roll as the preferred music of the rebellious American adolescent.  "We were never a heavy metal band," Page said, referring to the departed Zeppelin.  "We were hard rock - although we may have had areas which were what is called Heavy Metal."  Asked which Metal bands he admired, Page singled out the dreaded Canadian group Rush for particular praise.

Obviously, Page likes (or liked) Rush, saying he "admired" them and giving them "particular praise." But the author Stephen Davis throws in the dig that Rush are to be "dreaded." Not Page's words, but Davis's.

ACK! I read that book a few months before I even discovered Rush, and that quote went right over my head. But now I remember it!

At the time, I was totally like: "Who are these losers Rush, anyway? And why did Pagey praise them? Hmm."

doh.gif

Never fear. I heard that Plant dismisses that book as there is a lot in there that is not based on fact. I think he said the author must have been on serious acid.

Alex once said that he and Geddy met up with Page and Plant in Morocco and hung out for a day together.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 17 2006, 12:00 PM)
dazed025.gif People, people, people! This thread became buried on page two, about halfway down! A page-and-a-half from the top? That can't happen again! At least keep it active enough to keep it on the first page, people!

bumper.gif

Still anxiously waiting for my Zep CDs from my music club; I'm checking the mailbox daily and obsessively.

Funnily enough, I've actually HEARD of Rush. Who is this Davis asshole?

Who is everyone more likely to remember in 20 years time. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (rattler2004 @ Sep 17 2006, 08:12 PM)
Listened to Presence to day....damn what a fine release.

It's on its way! I can't wait for my LZ CDs to come! I'll be waiting for the mailman today, crossing my fingers...

Looking at the songlists on the CDs, I'm thinking LZ 2 is going to be my favorite, with Presence and PG tied for second.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 17 2006, 05:34 PM)
Never fear. I heard that Plant dismisses that book as there is a lot in there that is not based on fact. I think he said the author must have been on serious acid.

Alex once said that he and Geddy met up with Page and Plant in Morocco and hung out for a day together.

Geddy talked about that in a Classic Rock interview awhile back. He and Robert Plant met up in a resturant and started talking - they recognized each other.

I always said I hated Led Zep until high school, when the realization the the leader of one of my favorite bands (Mitch Easter from Let's Active) absolutely adored them forced me to give them a second chance. Then I realized they were - well, pretty damn good. The best part, though, was Robert Plant coming out in an interview and saying Let's Active was one of his favorite new bands.

What can I say? Pagey and Percy both have taste. biggrin.gif

And BTW, Mitch Easter finally got to meet up with Robert Plant in London - when Robert recognized him on the street and jumped out of his car to say hi.

QUOTE (Maddy @ Sep 18 2006, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 17 2006, 05:34 PM)

Geddy talked about that in a Classic Rock interview awhile back. He and Robert Plant met up in a resturant and started talking - they recognized each other.

I always said I hated Led Zep until high school, when the realization the the leader of one of my favorite bands (Mitch Easter from Let's Active) absolutely adored them forced me to give them a second chance. Then I realized they were - well, pretty damn good. The best part, though, was Robert Plant coming out in an interview and saying Let's Active was one of his favorite new bands.

What can I say? Pagey and Percy both have taste. biggrin.gif

And BTW, Mitch Easter finally got to meet up with Robert Plant in London - when Robert recognized him on the street and jumped out of his car to say hi.

Hmmmm. I once read a long interview with Plant in Musician magazine, and he made a "Mitch Easter" reference. I didn't really know who Mitch Easter was at the time, but the name sounded familiar. If I remember correctly, Plant was dissing R.E.M., saying, "No offense to those blokes, but I'd rather mow Mitch Easter's lawn than do what they're doing." I was like... huh? Plant also spent a lot of time dissing Stephen Davis and David Coverdale. (The interviewer said he thought Coverdale was Plant when he first saw him on MTV, and Plant replied, "What!? I don't look like that!")

Your experience with Led Zeppelin kind of mirrors my own. When I was in high school, there was a whole clique of people who were rabid Led Zeppelin fans. I avoided Zep like the plague, because I didn't want to jump on any bandwagons. I just listened to my beloved Rush.

Years later, shortly after graduating high school, I heard "Over the Hills and Far Away" on the radio, and I thought, "Wow! Led Zeppelin are pretty good!" Over the years since then, I've bought a couple Zep CDs, and they've passed in and out of my musical interests.

But lately, I've become an obsessed fan! As soon as those CDs arrive from BMG, I'll have every Zeppelin studio album, and I'll be listening to them over and over!

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 17 2006, 03:34 PM)

Yeah, Charles R. Cross mentions this in his photo-essay thingamabob on Zep: Led Zeppelin: Heaven and Hell. Despite not being a full-on biography, per se, it's an amazingly vivid and intelligent look into the world of Led. Great photos too.

My Zep CDs arrived yesterday; they were there when I got home from work.

I haven't had a chance to begin listening yet, but that'll be corrected today... beginning with Led Zeppelin II. 1022.gif

These days, I find myself waiting for a Zeppelin song when I listen to the radio in my car; I even search between three local AOR stations hoping to find one.

It took me a while to get into them , when i was young i bought Led Zeppelin III i took it home and put it on and i didn't like it ..... ooops big mistake !!! now i cant get enough of the band , lucky for me i got older and wiser !!!

I got all their stuff now

one of the GREATEST bands of all time

1022.gif 1022.gif