Guess what I'm doing again...

fledgehog

Yeah that's right, I'm trying to kill my caffiene addiction. Today I haven't had any caffiene so far. I'm in a really shitty mood, but at least I don't have a killer headache and stomachache like last time. I just hope I actually do it this time.

A couple months ago, I was way out of control...I was up to like 5-6 cans of soda/day, and that's when I decided that I needed to stop. It was extremely difficult, but since then I've had it toned down to like two cans a day. Now, I'm aiming for say, a week without any, and then maybe I can drink caffienated beverages without becoming re-addicted.

On top of the caffeine, unless you are drinking diet soda, you are consuming about 200 empty calories per can. That's about 1000 calories per day that your body does not register as food. On top of that again unless you are drinking diet, the amount of sugar consumed is also extremely bad for you.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 15 2006, 08:45 PM)
Yeah that's right, I'm trying to kill my caffiene addiction. Today I haven't had any caffiene so far. I'm in a really shitty mood, but at least I don't have a killer headache and stomachache like last time. I just hope I actually do it this time.

Try a lite snack every couple of hours to alleviate the headaches and bad mood. This will elevate your metabolism, and will cause your heart rate to stay up where it belongs, which is what the caffiene did for you in the first place.

Don't overeat, just add a few pieces of cheese every few hours, a couple pices of ham or turkey (lunchmeat type) or a handful of peanuts, or something like that.

If it is low-carb foods, it will also cause you to maintain or lose weight.

Wasnt really trying to do anything TOO healthy but about ten days ago I more or less gave up soda and switched to water. I keep a 2L jug in the fridge and drink that instead. I suppose I was some what inspired by my older brother whos dropped like 20 lbs just from switching from beer to diet soda mixed drinks. Havent given that up yet but a 12 pack would last me 2-3 weeks anyway with a night or two out each week. I do like the idea of giving up those empty calories and carbs and with an artesian well I have nice clean cold water on tap.

NOT giving up my coffee though!! trust me you dont wanna see that... angry.gif

Keep up the good work fledge as you gotta admire anyone who gains the upper hand on any kind of addiction. applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Actually my first reaction was initially you may see a slight increase. Since caffeine has a slight diuretic effect, you could see a moderate increase in fluid retention, at least initially. Certainly the long term effects of dropping 100's of calories a day from one's diet and a set of healthy kidneys will overcome that.

QUOTE (different strings @ Jul 17 2006, 08:13 AM)
Keep up the good work fledge as you gotta admire anyone who gains the upper hand on any kind of addiction. applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Yes, this is true!

(now after my daily compulsory quota of posting, I suppose I can go get someting done)

wacko.gif

I gave up cola a few years back. It is awfully nice to lose things like heartburn and weight. I know how hard it is to do and I applaud your efforts!

Hopefully you won't share my experience of cola invading your dreams tongue.gif

Archived