Anybody else notice this?

Noisy Bastard

Something looks strange, I just can't place what it is. I hope he hasn't gotten plastic surgery, he is naturally gorgeous! wub.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it is just some significant weight loss.. I lost 30 lbs last year and people didn't recognize me.. I was told by several people that it looks like I had my head deflated... So weight loss can definately effect your head and face..

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 29 2006, 10:30 PM)
It's the nose. Remeber, it was smashed in not too long ago.

That makes more of a difference than you'd think. Mine was cracked - hairline fracture, not smashed like his was - some years ago. Even that was enough to make it look noticeably different.

To repeat what I recently have noted, elsewhere, not only did his Night to Remember, in Naples, transform his finely chiselled nose into a pillow, but his eyelashes http://www.boomspeed.com/carshaw/shocked.gif seem to have gone missing. http://www.boomspeed.com/carshaw/hmm.gif Their absence gives Alex a glassy, "doll's-eyes" expression, as though he were wearing a mask. http://www.boomspeed.com/carshaw/shake.gif

I recognise the effect. It happened to me recently too. It's called losing weight and shaving! Suspect the nose has had an impact (excuse the pun) but the golf photo looks like he's auditioning for a part in The Clangers.

QUOTE (deamhain @ Jun 30 2006, 08:51 AM)
I recognise the effect. It happened to me recently too. It's called losing weight and shaving! Suspect the nose has had an impact (excuse the pun) but the golf photo looks like he's auditioning for a part in The Clangers.

joker.gif

After seeing the Golf Channel lesson thing, I don't think he's had any "work" done on his face. Noticeably much trimmer than he was on the TFE, VT, and R30 tours, but at least in the face he looks like the same Lerxst. I still think the Guitar Player cover shot is just mildly odd looking, and still think the Ontario Golf cover is major-ly odd and the result of either:

bad airbrushing

bad makeup

bad lighting

bad angle

or some or all of the above

I didn't think Alex seemed the type to have cosmetic plastic surgery. I'm mean after all, if he was going to "make some changes and adjustments", why wait until now?

Looks like a cross between Steve Martin and Charles Grodin "The Lonely Guy" Odd indeed.. unsure.gif

Alex mentioned in one article needing 3 surgeries to correct his nose/nasal issues after the "incident". As far as him not being the type to go under the knife...I've met him, and he definitely had hair transplants to fill in the front hairline...

Regardless...he's still THE man!

QUOTE (JerryStiller @ Jul 8 2006, 08:39 AM)
Alex mentioned in one article needing 3 surgeries to correct his nose/nasal issues after the "incident". As far as him not being the type to go under the knife...I've met him, and he definitely had hair transplants to fill in the front hairline...
Regardless...he's still THE man!

Hey, his hair-anoia WAS the inspiration for "I Think I'm Going Bald." laugh.gif

He's cool. What's the line? If I didn't like you so much, I wouldn't give you such a hard time...? biggrin.gif

-dodgy photography and lighting in the golf one,I should think-

as to the GP one-very clever lighting,but I can't see any re-touches or airbrushing. (I've tried drawing that one a couple of times so was

looking really hard-came to the conclusion that he's just extremely

good-looking!!!) biggrin.gif

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Jun 28 2006, 02:31 PM)
He looks like the Friendly Giant .

laugh.gif maybe a little in the GP cover pick! http://www.csd.uwo.ca/staff/magi/personal/FG/friendlygiant.jpg

the GP cover looks like he's just lost weight and his face has retain elasticity. maybe he's got some kind of regimen going on for toning. the OG cover- he looks a LOT like the pic in the PW album, except with his lips closed. also, his eyes are bluer. one more thing- most pics of al are of his head tilted downward to some degree or another, and he's either looking down, or looking up from his head in that position (like the GP cover). in the OG cover, he's looking down at the camera (just barely downward), which is an unusual angle for him. i do think that the undereye puffiness is greatly gone, and i think it has to do with the losing weight and a regimen for tonality. of course he could've had a nip and tuck, but if u look, his upper eyelids are the same as always. tucking near the ear wouldn't make the puffiness under his eyes go away, i don't think. i don't see how pulling it from that direction would do anything to the center part of the lower eye area

Archived