Counterparts and WebHost Plus.....

Draco

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 8 2006, 09:18 AM)
Everywhere I go, I am a "member."

I ususally get called a less polite synonym.

Everywhere you go, so goes your member. rofl3.gif

5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
BK 2112, Net-Falco, Grandpa Grizz, Prime Mover and Shaker, Draconator

There you are!

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

^Cool smilies^

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 7 2006, 05:38 PM)
You know, this site seriously rocks.  It's great to have a place to welcome us when CP is down.

Thanks!

Jeremy, did you show these guys your artwork yet??

To me, it's a collision of different worlds. Different kinds of boards with different kinds of people.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 8 2006, 10:00 AM)
To me, it's a collision of different worlds. Different kinds of boards with different kinds of people.

Two photons can be produced when a particle with non-zero electric charge and its anti-particle meet. Photons can be produced because a particle and its anti-particle have opposite electric charge; the total electric charge is the same after the collision as it is before the collision.

You might have thought that finishing with one photon is sufficient; after all, it too has no electric charge, so the electric charge before and after the collision would remain the same. But, that is not quite all there is to it. Collisions also have to conserve energy and momentum (the total energy and momentum of all incoming particles must be distributed to all outgoing particles, with none of it disappearing). If there are two incoming particles, then if the outgoing particles are massless, there must be at least two of them.

There are many other possible outcomes when a particle collides with its anti-particle: two or more photons, one or more Z0 bosons, or any particle and its anti-particle (including a pair of the same type as the pair that came in!) could result.

QUOTE (Wandering Hermit @ May 8 2006, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 7 2006, 05:38 PM)
You know, this site seriously rocks.  It's great to have a place to welcome us when CP is down.

Thanks!

Jeremy, did you show these guys your artwork yet??

PMS draws one hell of a mean carrot.

QUOTE (ouchithurts @ May 8 2006, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 8 2006, 10:00 AM)

Two photons can be produced when a particle with non-zero electric charge and its anti-particle meet. Photons can be produced because a particle and its anti-particle have opposite electric charge; the total electric charge is the same after the collision as it is before the collision.

You might have thought that finishing with one photon is sufficient; after all, it too has no electric charge, so the electric charge before and after the collision would remain the same. But, that is not quite all there is to it. Collisions also have to conserve energy and momentum (the total energy and momentum of all incoming particles must be distributed to all outgoing particles, with none of it disappearing). If there are two incoming particles, then if the outgoing particles are massless, there must be at least two of them.

There are many other possible outcomes when a particle collides with its anti-particle: two or more photons, one or more Z0 bosons, or any particle and its anti-particle (including a pair of the same type as the pair that came in!) could result.

I bow to your superior intellect moon.gif !! Teach me more Sensei...

QUOTE (The Gangster of Boats @ May 8 2006, 10:52 AM)
Zo invented bosons

Thank you Zo!

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ May 8 2006, 10:21 AM)
This is my 1500th post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/leighellwood/rollercoaster.jpg

applaudit.gif

Just had my 10,000th post recently.

Boson

In physics, bosons, named after Satyendra Nath Bose, are particles with integer spin. Due to integer-spin, bosons obey Bose-Einstein statistics, one consequence of which is the Bose-Einstein condensation of particles - in which any number of bosons can share the same quantum state. This allows masers and lasers to operate - all photons in these devices are on the same quantum state.

wacko.gif

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ May 8 2006, 11:18 AM)
Boson

In physics, bosons, named after Satyendra Nath Bose, are particles with integer spin. Due to integer-spin, bosons obey Bose-Einstein statistics, one consequence of which is the Bose-Einstein condensation of particles - in which any number of bosons can share the same quantum state. This allows masers and lasers to operate - all photons in these devices are on the same quantum state.

wacko.gif

Ah I see!

I thought it said bosoms at first laugh.gif

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ May 8 2006, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ May 8 2006, 11:18 AM)
Boson

wacko.gif

Ah I see!

I thought it said bosoms at first laugh.gif

Bosoms! common001.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 8 2006, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ May 8 2006, 01:07 PM)
hey everybody! sit down have a beer  trink39.gif

And, where have you been, young lady?

bekloppt.gif

trink39.gif

bekloppt.gif

not sitting down and having a beer... sad.gif been busy at work ughhhh

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ May 8 2006, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ May 8 2006, 01:07 PM)
hey everybody! sit down have a beer  trink39.gif

I don't like beer...can I have a strawberry dacqueri instead??

Will a cosmo do? cosmo.gif

Archived