Frickin' finally!

Jack Aubrey

Well, this is very welcome news, one of my all-time favorite comedies will get the special edition treatment, which is great because the original DVD edition is crappily done so I have never bought it. Now, if we can just get a special edition 'Braveheart' all will be right with the world. Here are the details from The Digital Bits:

Well, it gets better. Word of this second title has made our day here at The Bits. It's a 2-disc A Fish Called Wanda: Collector's Edition (SRP $24.96). The set will include the film in anamorphic widescreen video, audio commentary by star John Cleese, 30 minutes of deleted and alternate scenes, the A Message from John Cleese introduction video, the Kulture Vulture and Something's Fishy documentaries, John Cleese's First Farewell Performance, something called Farewell Featurette: John Cleese (don't know if that's the same or different as the last one, but that's what the press release says), a text trivia track, a photo gallery, Easter eggs, the original theatrical trailer, and an insert booklet.

"My father was in the Secret Service, Mister Manfredjensendren..."

Very funny movie; one of my favorites. I only have the VHS (which I won, incidentally, from a radio station). It'll be great having all those extra features... the commentary from Cleese should be hysterical.

"Oh look! It's K-k-k-k-k-Ken! C-c-c-c-c-coming to k-k-k-k-kill me!" rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Edited by Jack Aubrey

"Aristotle was not Belgian. The central principle of Buddhism is not "every man for himself." And the London Underground isn't a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto; I looked them up."

Hahahahaha!

I don't know how many times my sister, my wife, and I have imitated Ken:

"The caaa! The caaa....!"

The best scene is when Ken is crying for the little rat-dog's funeral and goes to wipe his eye, then realizes it's bandaged up because of the doberman attack. Cracks me up every time! rofl3.gif

Otto: [puts a bag over archie's head] So, Mr. Burglar, you thought you could rob Archie's house, eh? Well Mr. Leech just happens to be a real good friend of mine!

Archie: Otto! Otto! Stop! Otto, it's me! It's Archie! Otto!

Otto: [knocks archie out with a pan] And don't call me 'Otto.' To you, I'm 'Mr. - '

[stops, lifts bag, sees it's archie, screams]

Otto: I'm sorry. Hey, hey, wake up, I'm sorry.

[pats archie's face, stands]

Otto: I mean, I was trying to help I mean, how was I supposed to know it was you, I mean, what the f**k were you doing *robbing* your *own house?*

[kicks archie in the stomach]

Otto: Stupid! Stupid! Stupi -

[drops to the floor]

Otto: I'm sorry! Um... . right.

[runs]

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 2 2006, 03:27 PM)
Otto: [puts a bag over archie's head] So, Mr. Burglar, you thought you could rob Archie's house, eh? Well Mr. Leech just happens to be a real good friend of mine!
Archie: Otto! Otto! Stop! Otto, it's me! It's Archie! Otto!
Otto: [knocks archie out with a pan] And don't call me 'Otto.' To you, I'm 'Mr. - '
[stops, lifts bag, sees it's archie, screams]
Otto: I'm sorry. Hey, hey, wake up, I'm sorry.
[pats archie's face, stands]
Otto: I mean, I was trying to help I mean, how was I supposed to know it was you, I mean, what the f**k were you doing *robbing* your *own house?*
[kicks archie in the stomach]
Otto: Stupid! Stupid! Stupi -
[drops to the floor]
Otto: I'm sorry! Um... . right.
[runs]

z7shysterical.gif

AARRRGHGHGHHGHGH....You stole my line......

I'm ssssss......I'm sssss

I'm so very sssssss

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 2 2006, 04:42 PM)

I'm so very sssssss

"F@CK!!!"

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 6 2006, 09:49 PM)
Is there a release date for this?

And cover art:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000E33W1C.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V50854375_.jpg

Streets on August 1st.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Jun 2 2006, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jun 2 2006, 04:42 PM)

I'm so very sssssss

"F@CK!!!"

After seeing this thread the other day, I had to pop my VHS tape in to get myself psyched for the DVD. It was tough not to watch the whole movie, but I held out.

"I'm sssssss...I'm sssss (slams steering wheel) FFF*CKKK YOOOOUUUUUUU!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 6 2006, 10:18 PM)
Thanks Jack trink39.gif

Actually, I should thank you. I probably wouldn't have posted the street date without a reminder. So thanks! trink39.gif