Cheesiest musical products?

Jack Aubrey

OK, we all like to post about what we believe to be the coolest instruments and gear. Now how about the worst? Here's my pick: Power Stix. What's yours?

I understand that there may be folks out there who think that this is a cool product, if you are under eighteen years old or were dropped a lot as an infant, then that's perfectly understandable. tongue.gif

Edited by Jack Aubrey

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/hanscheese.jpghttp://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/ch.jpg

How about the "CHEESEY" drumset?

Edited by alphseeker

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 20 2006, 08:52 AM)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/hanscheese.jpghttp://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/ch.jpg

How about the "CHEESEY" drumset?

Now that's F**CKING Funny !!! Nice one. laugh.gif We have a winner !!

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 20 2006, 01:56 AM)
Sabian Paragons

Ahead Drumsticks

Pork Pie Percussion

Pork Pie? Well, I don't know about their drums, but their thrones sure are comfortable. Especially if you have back problems, which I do.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 20 2006, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 19 2006, 11:47 PM)
No, it doesn't get cheesier than the MUSICPOLE. Just what we needed, a Casio on a stick. And could they have picked a worse name?

Or how to make your musical instrument look as close as it can to a human penis.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 20 2006, 05:14 PM)
Sabian Paragons

Ahead Drumsticks

Pork Pie Percussion

Pork Pie? Well, I don't know about their drums, but their thrones sure are comfortable. Especially if you have back problems, which I do.

And I can see nobody caught the attempted humor of my post...

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 20 2006, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 20 2006, 05:14 PM)
Sabian Paragons

Ahead Drumsticks

Pork Pie Percussion

And I can see nobody caught the attempted humor of my post...

Sorry bud, I guess I'm having an off day. wacko.gif

We have a new contender!

If you are a drummer and your stick throwing is so bad that you need a device to help you throw them, then DON'T FRIGGIN' THROW YOUR STICKS!

Behold the lameness that is Stick Flip.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 8 2007, 09:30 AM)
We have a new contender!

If you are a drummer and your stick throwing is so bad that you need a device to help you throw them, then DON'T FRIGGIN' THROW YOUR STICKS!

Behold the lameness that is Stick Flip.

They contacted me once asking if I wanted to endorse them. My response to them was "No thanks. I get enough use out of twirling and flipping my sticks with my hand, so I don't need your pointless product."

Years ago I saw an ad in the back pages of guitar player for a device that allowed you to spin your guitar like ZZ Top did in one of their videos (was it "Legs" or "Sharp Dressed Man"?). It was some sort of rotating device with one side bolted to the back of your guitar and the other attached to your belt. I would love to know how many they sold...

Mr. Microphone.

A recorder.

A circa-1980s handheld Casio keyboard, which can't play chords, only notes.

Any student guitar or bass made by Cort.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 10 2007, 01:51 PM)
Mr. Microphone.

While this one is not an instrument, I've always though that this thing was a joke. I mean, I understand the concept but how is it supposed to really help? Just play guitar! That thing will probably condition your fingers for endurance but not in the right way. You need to be able to hold chords tight. There is nothing to help with that but practice. Edited by rushfanNlv

I was once at a drum clinic given by Paul DeLong (former drummer for Kim Mitchell on "Akimbo Alogo") and someone asked the question: "I heard squeezing a tennis ball can help build stength in your hand for drumming. Does this work?". Paul's reply was priceless: "Well, I think squeezing a tennis ball will make you good at squeezing tennis balls. If you want to build strength, just play more drums!". I think the same would apply here. I have been seeing that gizmo for years and also questioned it usefulness.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 11 2007, 02:34 PM)
While this one is not an instrument, I've always though that this thing was a joke. I mean, I understand the concept but how is it supposed to really help? Just play guitar! That thing will probably condition your fingers for endurance but not in the right way. You need to be able to hold chords tight. There is nothing to help with that but practice.

Actually, I have a buddy that plays guitar and he swears by the Gripmaster. He says that it doubled the strength in his first three fingers and tripled the strength in his pinky.

To each their own, I guess. wink.gif

I have a pair of Power Stix. I dont even remeber why I bought them, the flashy lights drew me in.

Heres the cheesiest non-existant product ive ever seen:

Does anyone remember

and his patented Gorilla Grip? Buck is wearing the same Styx shirt I have.

http://i13.tinypic.com/6gt7qrs.jpg