Favorite TV "bad word" alternates

Tom Sawyer

I love 'em, you would NEVER know what they really said...

"Mellon farmer", I heard it the other day during Die Hard 3 on TNT, as in.. "you tell that mellon-farmer he can kiss my butt" or something to that effect. rofl3.gif

Funniest edited for TV movie I ever saw was "Glengarry Glen Ross," one of the most vulgar movies ever made (and naturally, one of my favorites). I need to find examples of some of the substitute words they dubbed in, but they were so out of context it either ruined the movie or turned it into a comedy, depending on your point of view. laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 18 2006, 03:45 PM)
Funniest edited for TV movie I ever saw was "Glengarry Glen Ross," one of the most vulgar movies ever made (and naturally, one of my favorites). I need to find examples of some of the substitute words they dubbed in, but they were so out of context it either ruined the movie or turned it into a comedy, depending on your point of view. laugh.gif

You just reminded me of My Cousin Vinny for TV, 50% of the script needed editing rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Apr 19 2006, 01:11 AM)
The barfing scene from Stand By Me:

Lard(bleep), Lard(bleep), Lard(bleep)!

LOL.gif

How funny you said that, Grizz! My first thought was "Sic kid" when, (can't think of character name...ugh), was being chased by Chopper. Totally ruins the entire scene.

How about the f-word in Scarface. Some of the edits in that movie are hysterical. My fav is the aforementioned "Yippe Kayay Mr. Falcon - how silly.

Scarface is a real piece of work, they should just rename it "80s Coke"...

"Honey, can I put this poster in the family room?"

http://www.moviepostershop.com/item_lrg/A-143.jpg

Check out the piles of coke on his desk. Not sure if thats six-sigma compliant.. rofl3.gif

I love how on a lot of reality shows they bleep it when someone says "F". Like when they're repeating someone else and say something like "and she was all like eff you," and they'll bleep it. Because we know everyone on VH1 are lude crazy bitches.