The Cycling Thread!

D-13

Zwow, that looked like something from NASCAR. TY....I'll post images on the PJ TDF cycling thread. Edited by g under p

Great day for the TDF - History was made today by Daniel Tekelalamksdlndfanajsomething :eh: becoming the first African to wear a classification jersey in the TDF. Awesome.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/tourracism_3370597b_zpstn1tzy1v.jpg

Nice to see the KoM recipient but tough to watch Martin likely end his tour that way.

Sad indeed - soon as they showed the crash in slow motion i knew he broke it - He fell right on it. It will be interesting to see if Froome wears the yellow Jersey. It's his choice out of respect for Tony. Edited by alphseeker

Wow - The "Sky show" today - Froome destroyed everyone. Nibali 6:25 behind / Contador 4:04 behind / quintana 2:52 behind Race is almost over -

Impressive demonstration from froome. Hopefully it's legit.

Wow - The "Sky show" today - Froome destroyed everyone. Nibali 6:25 behind / Contador 4:04 behind / quintana 2:52 behind Race is almost over -

It makes me sick that every year a question of doubt is the norm for us fans. I suspected last year too. Nibali seemed too strong and wouldn't you know it, Astana come under all this scrutiny and this year he sucks.

It makes me sick that every year a question of doubt is the norm for us fans. I suspected last year too. Nibali seemed too strong and wouldn't you know it, Astana come under all this scrutiny and this year he sucks.

What bothers is me is complete domination and little evidence of suffering while others who've been previously caught (like contador) can barely bring themselves to complete the route. It's sad but the people most likely to be riding clean are the high profile people who've tested positive previously and are likely under increased scrutiny

Majka does it again! :cheers:

i knew you would chime in - I just knew it - Although what has happened to Kwiatkowski since winning the World's last year? He laid a big turd this year :moon: only one win. I was hoping for a lot more :(
  • Like 1

i knew you would chime in - I just knew it - Although what has happened to Kwiatkowski since winning the World's last year? He laid a big turd this year :moon: only one win. I was hoping for a lot more :(

The word is Kwiatkowski's out of shape. We can only hope for stage wins from our guys this year. Jaskula was fine, but that was in the 1990s. We had some great riders in the '70s, but commies wouldn't let us prove it in races in Western Europe in those days.

The word is Kwiatkowski's out of shape. We can only hope for stage wins from our guys this year. Jaskula was fine, but that was in the 1990s. We had some great riders in the '70s, but commies wouldn't let us prove it in races in Western Europe in those days.

Majka is a great climber. I love watching pure climbers like him. He'll definitely take the KOM jersey Froome looks like a chimp when he climbs. He makes me nervous spinning 100rpms. With his body flailing all over the place. Edited by alphseeker

Kwiatkowski's Strata Data - 63 mph going down back side of the Tourmalet - Frikin insane :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/CJ-QN1bWEAAmxHZ_zpsjw8ewsmg.jpg

Edited by alphseeker
  • Like 1

Froome had urine thrown in his face and a spectator pinched Porte in the face...

http://www.bbc.com/s...ycling/33581524

Yeah it's pretty pathetic. French fans are pissed all their riders are back to sucking again so they take it out on the Evil Sky Machine. Obviously cameras will be watching closely now and these idiots have to be dealt with. It's bad enough when you have every team colluding to try and beat you down but now you fear for your own safety from the violent crowds. It's probably the same damn hooligans that start all the soccer riots in France.

Today the Tour climbed the greatest climb I have ever seen :scared: :scared: :scared: Lacets de Montvernier:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/bauhaus92/tdf15st18-lacets-de-montvernier-920_zpsxjxbewuc.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bike-lanes-cars-1.3344652

Blocked lanes heat up war between Toronto cyclists and drivers.

Bicyclists say city should do better job enforcing no-parking rules in protected bike lanes.

I hope they can get this issue resolved...btw, in winter when it snows heavy up there is there much cycling that can done?

When I lived in Maryland the winters after a snow fall was one of my favorite times to ride especially if the temps were in the teens. Not too many people on the roads and in coming back home soaking wet from sweating.

Wow 9 months hiatus for the cycling thread - :scared:

I personally had a bad year. Too many personal things going on, like raising my grand children. :o

Final settled down and am riding again, I figured if I don't take care of myself I'll die before I finish raising them. Just made a goal for three centuries next year. Stagecoach in February / Dirty Devil in March and the Mother-lode in April. The Dirty Devil is pretty awesome 127 miles which includes 28 miles of packed dirt roads, i just hope it's not raining. :P

Sadly I have to shed at least 40 pounds, that's what stress and no exercise do to me :banghead:.

I watched the tour and enjoyed it but just never got around to posting. Personally, I've had some major health issues and have lost over 50 pounds. My muscles are pretty badly atrophied and I'm not sure I could ride 2 miles right now. Once I'm healthy I'll get back out there but I've got a long ways to go.