The rumours are true... *UPDATED*

D-13

http://www.hpana.com/news.19274.html

No 'Sirius' deal yet, says Oldman's manager Popular

Posted by CHEESER

Source: HPANA

Gary Oldman has not yet been presented with or signed a contract to appear in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, HPANA has confirmed.

Despite a recent statement from the studio, we have learned and double-confirmed that no agreement has been made.

"At this time Gary Oldman is not set to appear in the next Potter film," manager Doug Urbanski told HPANA. "I cannot explain why the studio confirmed his appearance."

It's unlikely Oldman wouldn't reprise his role as Sirius Black in the fifth film.

Note: This does not imply he won't be in the movie, just that there's no current definitive agreement for him to appear.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

Wow....one of my fav characters is gone. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

http://www.itv.com/news/entertainment_1900597.html

Oldman 'axed' from Potter film

7.26AM, Fri Feb 10 2006

Actor Gary Oldman has been axed from the next Harry Potter movie, it has been claimed.

The 47-year-old actor, who starred in the last two Potter films The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Goblet of Fire, has reportedly not signed up to reprise his role as Sirius Black. (pic: Warner Bros)

His manager Douglas Urbanski said: "You will be shocked to learn there are no plans for Gary to appear in the film.

"We are left with no choice but to pursue other employment for him."

This comes as filming of The Order of The Phoenix began at Leavesden Film Studio, Herts.

Warner Brothers spokeswoman Vanessa Davis confirmed no deal had been struck with Oldman, although one might still be arranged.

She added: "With any film the priority is confirming the cast who will be on the set from the outset. They include Imelda Staunton."

A senior source said: We cannot say at the moment whether Gary Oldman will be in the film or not."

There are conflicting stories about this. WB confirms he will be appearing in the movie but his scenes are not due to start filming until later this summer.

So his agent says no, WB says yes.

I would say not to worry about this until it gets closer to summer!

QUOTE (pixey @ Feb 10 2006, 07:28 AM)
There are conflicting stories about this. WB confirms he will be appearing in the movie but his scenes are not due to start filming until later this summer.

So his agent says no, WB says yes.

I would say not to worry about this until it gets closer to summer!

Your absolutely right Pix biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 10 2006, 08:47 AM)
Wow, i thought they were leaving Sirius out for a minute there.

laugh.gif that would just ruin the movie. Well at least we will see more of Sirius in this movie...they kinda have to...

Update: David Heyman (Producer) is saying that they have every intention of having Oldman play the rle of Sirious but scenes will not be shot for several months. Also from WB they are saying that negotiations are still underway which led to the rumor that he would not play the role.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 10 2006, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Feb 10 2006, 08:47 AM)
Wow, i thought they were leaving Sirius out for a minute there.

laugh.gif that would just ruin the movie. Well at least we will see more of Sirius in this movie...they kinda have to...

yeah, we wouldn't want them to ruin the movie by leaving out important characters, scenes or plotlines like they did in the 3rd and 4th movies sarcasm.gif

i love the books to death, but as each movie rips out more and more from the books and rushes through the rest to fit it all in, i lose my enthusiasm for the movies more and more.

for those who really want to enjoy the potter franchise the way it was meant to be enjoyed, you have to read the books. if you like reader's digest versions of books, then the movies are for you.

sorry to bum anyone out, the movies have just become a great disappointment for me compared to the books. they're still good, and i'll still eagerly watch all of them as they come out, but, well... sad.gif

what?!?!

*SPOILER ALERT*

ranton.gif

I'm spoiling this for everyone who hasn't read the books, but how can there be no Sirius Black in the next film. In the book, he is killed by falling through a black curtain (in the Department of Mysteries of the Ministry of Magic) while duelling with Bellatrix Lestrange to save Harry. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for WB not to include that particular spot in Rowling's storyline. But since Goblet of Fire was highly abridged, they will most likely do the same thing for Order of the Pheonix.

rantoff.gif

wtf.gif

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 17 2006, 01:06 AM)
what?!?!

*SPOILER ALERT*

ranton.gif
I'm spoiling this for everyone who hasn't read the books, but how can there be no Sirius Black in the next film. In the book, he is killed by falling through a black curtain (in the Department of Mysteries of the Ministry of Magic) while duelling with Bellatrix Lestrange to save Harry. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for WB not to include that particular spot in Rowling's storyline. But since Goblet of Fire was highly abridged, they will most likely do the same thing for Order of the Pheonix.
rantoff.gif

wtf.gif

Exactly. If he wasn't in the next movie, it wouldn't make any sense. That's a huge part of the story right there, and to just take it out like that would be insane. fing.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Feb 17 2006, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 17 2006, 01:06 AM)
what?!?!

*SPOILER ALERT*

ranton.gif
rantoff.gif

wtf.gif

Exactly. If he wasn't in the next movie, it wouldn't make any sense. That's a huge part of the story right there, and to just take it out like that would be insane. fing.gif

I think the point here MAY be that it might not be Gary Oldman playing Sirius? They just could NOT remove him completely unless they had the order of the phoenix take place somewhere other than 12 Grimwald Place - he's a major character in the 5th book, they just couldn't eliminate him completely. HP fans would riot...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 18 2006, 08:55 AM)
HP fans would riot...

boy ain' that the truth!!! yes.gif

and what a riot that would be!

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Feb 18 2006, 08:18 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 18 2006, 08:55 AM)
HP fans would riot...

boy ain' that the truth!!! yes.gif

and what a riot that would be!

indeed! 1287.gif

This just in from Coming Soon:

Gary Oldman's manager has confirmed to both GaryOldman.info and HPANA that the actor will return as Sirius Black in Warner Bros. Pictures' Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Oldman, who just celebrated his 48th birthday on Thursday, played the role in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and voiced the character in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

"Gary Oldman is now set to play Sirius Black in the Order of the Phoenix. A deal was concluded this morning," his long-time manager, Doug Urbanski, said.

"I'm so relieved and happy," he added. "I can't put my mind in the place of the producers, but I would've thought that when they read the book, a call to us would've been very high on their list. Obviously, the character of Sirius Black is key."

Urbanski said he was baffled by the months-long silence from Warner Bros. There were other jobs offered to Oldman, and he was very close to taking one. "Since they had no option for Gary on this film, he was a free agent. Last week, we told them that Gary had another movie, and it was just a question of doing a deal," he said.

"It's a wonderful role," Urbanski continued. "Gary read the script last night, and he read part of it to me on the phone this morning. The end of the story is: Gary's in it. It's a terrific script, and he's so happy to be back."

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released in theaters in 2007.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 22 2006, 08:12 AM)

Gary Oldman's manager has confirmed to both GaryOldman.info and HPANA that the actor will return as Sirius Black in Warner Bros. Pictures' Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Oldman, who just celebrated his 48th birthday on Thursday, played the role in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and voiced the character in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

"Gary Oldman is now set to play Sirius Black in the Order of the Phoenix. A deal was concluded this morning," his long-time manager, Doug Urbanski, said.

"I'm so relieved and happy," he added. "I can't put my mind in the place of the producers, but I would've thought that when they read the book, a call to us would've been very high on their list. Obviously, the character of Sirius Black is key."

Urbanski said he was baffled by the months-long silence from Warner Bros. There were other jobs offered to Oldman, and he was very close to taking one. "Since they had no option for Gary on this film, he was a free agent. Last week, we told them that Gary had another movie, and it was just a question of doing a deal," he said.

"It's a wonderful role," Urbanski continued. "Gary read the script last night, and he read part of it to me on the phone this morning. The end of the story is: Gary's in it. It's a terrific script, and he's so happy to be back."

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 22 2006, 07:12 AM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Board%20Pics/Frequent%20use/homer-woohoo.gif

YES!!! Thanks, Jack. bncegrn.gif