Calling all Torontorians!

D-13

For about the last year or so I have been contemplating whether or not I should go into Audio Engineering or something else in the music field. I have researched many many schools...and in the end I think the winner will be "Harris Institute". So this means I would have to move to lovely Toronto! wub.gif biggrin.gif. I was just wondering about housing. Harris is located on 118 Sherbourne Street. I have already talked to Barney about this and he said that area is not a very safe place to live in. I really don't care where I live because Toronto has a good transportation system and I can drive, although living in a safe area would be nice smile.gif. Question is....what are the best areas to live in? There are so many areas it's not even funny!... wacko.gif Any info would be helpful smile.gif I'm getting excited about this! biggrin.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Jan 8 2006, 03:37 PM)
I agree with Barney..DO NOT live on Sherbourne Street  no.gif

I think you would LOVE to live downtown..there are alot of places that aren't as scarey as Sherbourne Street  yes.gif

All the best to you  smile.gif

Really? Sherbourne that bad?

My school is on Sherbourne unsure.gif unsure.gif

I need to start looking for housing now smile.gif Application is in...school starts next Nov. I'm super stoked! Any suggestions?

QUOTE (D-13 @ Dec 19 2006, 10:39 PM)
oh this thread can be about anything in TO.  Like good places for food...best bars...etc.  Go wild!  1022.gif  trink39.gif

I might suggest The Orbit Room. wink.gif laugh.gif You might just bump into someone we know and admire there! yes.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Dec 19 2006, 06:45 PM)
oh this thread can be about anything in TO.  Like good places for food...best bars...etc.  Go wild!  1022.gif  trink39.gif

I might suggest The Orbit Room. wink.gif laugh.gif You might just bump into someone we know and admire there! yes.gif

laugh.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif yes.gif trink39.gif

smile.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif D-13 great to hear that you are going to be living in Toronto 2.gif 's hometown - lucky you. I am hopefully going to RUSHCON next year so I might get to meet you. trink39.gif

How about Newmarket, Oshawa, Burlington, Barrie, Ajax or Markham?

I bet those GO trains are tons of fun to ride everyday.

Good for you though!

I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy that experience.

Hey D! You're gonna have a great time in TO. We'll definetly have to meet up sometime. Maybe you should look at housing near other schools in better neighbourhoods. Because you'll find cheap student housing near any college or university.

QUOTE (sundog @ Dec 19 2006, 09:45 PM)

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Dec 20 2006, 10:44 AM)
How about Newmarket, Oshawa, Burlington, Barrie, Ajax or Markham?
I bet those GO trains are tons of fun to ride everyday.

Good for you though!
I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy that experience.

Yeah thats probably going to be plan B. Trying to get into Toronto and as close to school as possible!

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Dec 20 2006, 11:55 AM)
Hey D! You're gonna have a great time in TO. We'll definetly have to meet up sometime. Maybe you should look at housing near other schools in better neighbourhoods. Because you'll find cheap student housing near any college or university.

Hmmm i'll take a look. George Brown area...would be a good spot.

Ok I live in Mississauga the closest burb just outside of TO.

Mississauga - is an awesome place you cam go train transit ,car pool right to shebourne.

I work in toronto and comute everday down there.

Sherbourne /Front/University/jarvis all that area is a little run down- not that it is unsafe but it is hookerville-lower income housing area.

However you can find a cheap apartment there just keep your wits about you -it wont be the Ritz

Trust me if you want to be a bus ride away -within 15mins try the new condos off Spadina - look in the toronto star for any business person renting a condo -good bet -the esplanade- Queen Quay ,Navy Warf,Mariner,these are also good options. look for these to rent

I highly recommend Mississauga about a 35min car ride away

Also even closer - is Etobicoke - grab something in High Park, Bloor Windimere- about a 30 minute bus

South Etobicoke/lakeshore- go train goes right in too

Once you get to Toronto -you will not want to leave -great city great people. If you are thinking of buying one day - Buy in Mississuga, Milton. Georgetown - outside the city but great homes that retain value -that keep their value

Look me up when you get here i will show you around.

I got accepted into Harris. So now it begins. My good friend who has been living in the TO area...told me these are

good spots...

Annex

Parkdale

Little Italy

little portugal

Bad spots...

Anywhere by my school! laugh.gif

Parliament St area

Sherbourne St area

Regent part

Shutter st area

River St.area

So far everyone has been telling me to stay away from the sherbourne area...where my school is. So that is what I will do. I don't need to be close to school...it's certainly not important...because any train, street car can get me there in 20, 30 mins...anywhere.

I have found a lot of places in Parkdale. It's going to be hard because the college students start in September...so looking for a house around august...GOOD LUCK! I might have to get over there earlier than I thought. Like June or July...or even earlier.

Anyone want to add to this list of spots?

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Dec 22 2006, 06:51 PM)
Ok I live in Mississauga the closest burb just outside of TO.
Mississauga - is an awesome place you cam go train transit ,car pool right to shebourne.

I work in toronto and comute everday down there.
Sherbourne /Front/University/jarvis all that area is a little run down- not that it is unsafe but it is hookerville-lower income housing area.
However you can find a cheap apartment there just keep your wits about you -it wont be the Ritz

Trust me if you want to be a bus ride away -within 15mins try the new condos off Spadina - look in the toronto star for any business person renting a condo -good bet -the esplanade- Queen Quay ,Navy Warf,Mariner,these are also good options. look for these to rent

I highly recommend Mississauga about a 35min car ride away

Also even closer - is Etobicoke - grab something in High Park, Bloor Windimere- about a 30 minute bus

South Etobicoke/lakeshore- go train goes right in too

Once you get to Toronto -you will not want to leave -great city great people. If you are thinking of buying one day - Buy in Mississuga, Milton. Georgetown - outside the city but great homes that retain value -that keep their value

Look me up when you get here i will show you around.

Just saw this. Thanks for the info! trink39.gif trink39.gif

Archived